ringringlingling

Would you prefer to migrate to a better moderated board?

I really don't see the point of giving the conservative teenie-boopers a romper room. (ie NHB) If they came here to debate, thats fine, but I don't see why someone isn't waving the banhammer around, some of these posters have 25k+ posts and are basically just flooding the channel with inane nonsense.

I was thinking about setting up my own chat forum, but it would only be online during certain times and would be a private invite.

• Upvote 1

The whole purpose of the No Hold Barred section is pretty much what the name implies, with a few basic restrictions. In keeping with the idea of freedom to say nearly everything, the mods usually don't interfere any more than necessary.

The Libs Only Rm can often present the problem of where to draw the line between Lib, Con, and everything else. But just as often, it's obvious.

I thought of moving to a Dems only site but it's too much like a church with everyone yelling "amen". It has an inanity of its own.

"Liberal Forum" bears very little resemblance to its name. Conservatives invariably take over any Liberal website that doesn't kick them out. The most active of the Cons do little more than taunt, mock and jeer. Some Liberals enjoy exchanging with them. I like to watch the spectacle and sometimes, even participate.

I like to post in the LO Rm partly because I don't have to be there all the time. I just pop in and out during the day. There's a copycat sister site to this one but their LO Rm is dead. I sometimes post in NHB knowing that most participants are more interested in hurling insults and nonsense at each other than thinking anything through or having an honest debate. I rarely put much effort into my posts there. Just looking at those with the highest reputation tells you that anything meaningful is looked on with contempt.

But I'm used to it here, so I'll stay while it suits my liking.

I wouldnt mind a forum specifically for leftists, artists, or liberals in the American South. Forums like this are often dominated by a kind of rightwing nut with confederate flag avatar, who may live in Michigan or New England, versus Californians and New Yorkers, who lean heavily right themselves and are very "American".

The idea of a southern leftist forum would be to promote an alternative for the heavy Hilary Clinton type Democrat philosophical dominance of politics without any alternative. Clinton BTW is in favor of Death Penalty, prosecuting Snowden, and heavy military interventionism. This type of agressive American liberal based heavily in Chicago and Central Atlantic region needs some sort of alternative.

Forums like this only promote the old conflict between north and south.

Posted · Hidden by Isabel, October 26, 2015 - advocating for another site
Hidden by Isabel, October 26, 2015 - advocating for another site

I just made a forum for southern leftists. Free forum hosting. Just needs to some tweaking.

http://southernleftists.forumotion.com/

You know of course, that the No Holds Barred section will be dominated by conservatives and racists, unless you plan to ban them.

• Upvote 1

You know of course, that the No Holds Barred section will be dominated by conservatives and racists, unless you plan to ban them.

I'm not sure. These people exist to target the northeast, which promotes itself as the liberator of the black slaves, and the northeast has it's own "variety" of liberalism. If the racists came to a southern liberal forum, it would deflate half of their power, because they could not locate the liberals who claimed to free the slaves. Their target enemy is northeastern liberals, who themselves fan the flames of the conservative fire by continuing to talk down to them and promote them as uneducated white trash.

A Southern Leftist Forum would sow some confusion. It ceases to promote the civil war conflict, but instead promotes an internal political difference.

Posted · Hidden by Isabel, October 26, 2015 - advertising another forum
Hidden by Isabel, October 26, 2015 - advertising another forum

Interesting theory. Time will tell if it works as expected.

I guess I should sort of treat it like a blog until other people start posting. I am the admin, so I havent tried making a normal user account. Perhaps you could make one and give some feedback about the process or if any of the colors, securities, or anything should be changed. I can change the color of anything even text fields and add or remove images from the forum layout.

http://southernleftists.forumotion.com/

I guess I should sort of treat it like a blog until other people start posting. I am the admin, so I havent tried making a normal user account. Perhaps you could make one and give some feedback about the process or if any of the colors, securities, or anything should be changed. I can change the color of anything even text fields and add or remove images from the forum layout.

Ok. I'm your first poster. I'm Liberal and hail from Southern Utah, ha ha, so I guess that makes me legit.

-------------------

No advertising for others forums allowed.

Posted · Hidden by Isabel, October 26, 2015 - advertising another forum
Hidden by Isabel, October 26, 2015 - advertising another forum

Ok. I'm your first poster. I'm Liberal and hail from Southern Utah, ha ha, so I guess that makes me legit.

-------------------

No advertising for others forums allowed.

Thanks for posting. Looks like a mod at this site deleted the link to mine saying that adverts to outside sites such as mine were not allowed. So links to my site southernleftists dot forumotion dot com were removed from this one, and it appears the entire posts they were in also deleted.

Michijo - if you keep telling people to visit your forum and listing the address, you are getting a time out.

The rules here are very limited, so I would appreciate you not trying to outsmart the few that we do have.

The conservatives actually think of this as their forum as well. They think of themselves as "grownups" talking to "liberal children", but it's hard to imagine any mature grownup person spending 24 hours a days ranting on a forum insanely, rather they appear to be extremely unbalanced or unstable people who merely happen to be "conservative" as part of their mental-illness rather than actually espousing real conservatism.

Conservatism doesn't really exist in the US anymore, at least not in the sense that Burke and Disraeli were conservatives.

I actually have to ask--do you think the shitshow in NHB is a representative sample of American politics these days? If so, I may actually just leave the country...

I really don't see the point of giving the conservative teenie-boopers a romper room. (ie NHB) If they came here to debate, thats fine, but I don't see why someone isn't waving the banhammer around, some of these posters have 25k+ posts and are basically just flooding the channel with inane nonsense.

Some of the worst offenders here are liberals. I'd love to debate you. Really debate you. Pick a topic. Let's see how you fare.

The whole purpose of the No Hold Barred section is pretty much what the name implies, with a few basic restrictions. In keeping with the idea of freedom to say nearly everything, the mods usually don't interfere any more than necessary.

The Libs Only Rm can often present the problem of where to draw the line between Lib, Con, and everything else. But just as often, it's obvious.

I thought of moving to a Dems only site but it's too much like a church with everyone yelling "amen". It has an inanity of its own.

"Liberal Forum" bears very little resemblance to its name. Conservatives invariably take over any Liberal website that doesn't kick them out. The most active of the Cons do little more than taunt, mock and jeer. Some Liberals enjoy exchanging with them. I like to watch the spectacle and sometimes, even participate.

I like to post in the LO Rm partly because I don't have to be there all the time. I just pop in and out during the day. There's a copycat sister site to this one but their LO Rm is dead. I sometimes post in NHB knowing that most participants are more interested in hurling insults and nonsense at each other than thinking anything through or having an honest debate. I rarely put much effort into my posts there. Just looking at those with the highest reputation tells you that anything meaningful is looked on with contempt.

But I'm used to it here, so I'll stay while it suits my liking.

I'm back. NHB got too much "abnormal Psych" and not sane politics. I could exchange DEATH THREATS with JTZILLA.. but I can't use the F Word? WTF? I got on a site that had MANY areas.. but was so dominated by right wingers it was a WASTE. Okay....the OP is a traitor.. a liar.....a bigot..a neo-nazi, a MORON. I can't SAY that. I CAN use the F-word... I can't use CRACKER. WTF? I got suspended often. Often the MODS were the right wing nutcase liars I posted against. Whatever.... at a point I just went "off the edge" and said... BAN ME... I did not want to get sucked into some cycle of bull st. I do not need to be the token LIB who's wearing handcuffs while morons and liars and traitors get to rant off. Here? It is often uncivilized garbage but.. I get to punch back.

Some of the worst offenders here are liberals. I'd love to debate you. Really debate you. Pick a topic. Let's see how you fare.

Bring it you turd. I know you...ain't scared. How about a TOPIC? Put a few FACTS on the table. I can deal with you... I ain't scared. What topic do you wanna fight over?

Conservatism doesn't really exist in the US anymore, at least not in the sense that Burke and Disraeli were conservatives.

I actually have to ask--do you think the shitshow in NHB is a representative sample of American politics these days? If so, I may actually just leave the country...

The REALITY now is right wing RADICAL displaced actual (and boring) CONSERVATIVE . Fringe fanatic...is NOT "Conservative". The terms are FAR apart. EXTREMIST... Conservative... are opposites. DUH? Crap that's about treason, neo-nazi, pathologic liar... ain't really CONSERVATIVE. EXTREME... is not CONSERVATIVE.

Bring it you turd. I know you...ain't scared. How about a TOPIC? Put a few FACTS on the table. I can deal with you... I ain't scared. What topic do you wanna fight over?

Aren’t we blessed. Redwood is back.

Ok, let’s continue debating a topic from before the crash.

The death of Vince Foster.

Care to restate your position on his death for everyone here?