Kobia2

Worst Foods in the World?

For myself, it was a fermented Squid dish I had in Korea.... Apparently the half bottle of Bourbon I drank before hand did little to kill off what became writhing in my gut... It was one of those moments when within minutes, your underwear was wishing it was somewhere else... The dining experience is pretty much lost when you can crap through a tennis racket---and not hit a string..

Now, this said... There are actually competitions out there, eating challenges of sorts to get down some absolutely terrifying foods from around the world.. One that is often mentioned as possibly the worst is Swedish Surstromming... I remembered this stuff because when we lived in Minnesota, we had a Swedish family who would eat cans of it.. It's like half-rotted sardines... People have been known to vomit just from the smell...

What is the worst food you have eaten... Below is a clip of 2 poor young dudes from Finland trying to take the Surstromming challenge.. It gets ugly...

Fertilized egg in Vietnam. Little chick inside Egg. Had a few with Jim Bean and #33 French beer. Ba mui ba =33. Really sucked. Warm Pabst Blue Ribbon was far better. I was so stiff on shots and beers i really didn't care about Hut Ga Lon which was the fertilized eggs. Next day "I ate what" hahahahaaaa. A Korean unit "The Tiger Division" was near us. I had some Kim Chee. That was stinky but not too bad. By the way "The Tiger Division" killed everything that moved including dogs. They took no prisoners and the US army had to move them out of combat areas. They were too brutal.

When I was in Korea I was walking from the motor pool to my compound. I came across some kids playing in the street in front of one of those little stores that are everywhere. I told the kids come on I'll buy you'se some candy. So we go in and I tell them everybody gets one thing. They all picked out these flat dried fish thingies that you smack like Turkish Taffy to brake up into bite size pieces.

I tasted it and all I can say is YUK ! That stuff was terrible...especially considering there were chocolate bars right next to them.

Kobia2,

Chit'lins (pork intestines) are probably are the worst that comes to mind. (Especially if their not cleaned well). Not to mention the fat content.

......but they sure go well with rice and hotsauce.......mmmmmm

5X5...if Bernie wins...you'll have pool your $$$ with your friends to buy something that size and than share it equally.

5X5...if Bernie wins...you'll have pool your $$$ with your friends to buy something that size and than share it equally.

Old Mack.. If Bernie wins I hope we can all hang on

Trump will sell us to the lowest bidder

hey pd pd United States for sale

do I hear pd pd 100 Billion Dollars?

10 Trillion Dollars is very reasonable for a 19 trillion dollar debt

When I was in Korea I was walking from the motor pool to my compound. I came across some kids playing in the street in front of one of those little stores that are everywhere. I told the kids come on I'll buy you'se some candy. So we go in and I tell them everybody gets one thing. They all picked out these flat dried fish thingies that you smack like Turkish Taffy to brake up into bite size pieces.

I tasted it and all I can say is YUK ! That stuff was terrible...especially considering there were chocolate bars right next to them.

I know exactly what you are talking about... Usually it was dried Squid that had soaked in a sweet brine prior to curing... It had the consistency of Jerky... I tried it a couple times, but wanted to brush my teeth & rinse with kerosene to get the taste out of my mouth...

Fertilized egg in Vietnam. Little chick inside Egg. Had a few with Jim Bean and #33 French beer. Ba mui ba =33. Really sucked. Warm Pabst Blue Ribbon was far better. I was so stiff on shots and beers i really didn't care about Hut Ga Lon which was the fertilized eggs. Next day "I ate what" hahahahaaaa. A Korean unit "The Tiger Division" was near us. I had some Kim Chee. That was stinky but not too bad. By the way "The Tiger Division" killed everything that moved including dogs. They took no prisoners and the US army had to move them out of combat areas. They were too brutal.

They had a similar version of what you're talking about when I was in the Philippines---only it was Duck foetus instead of chicken... I couldn't drink enough to try it, though it was a very popular snack...They'd crack the egg open, and it was pretty much a developed Duck with bill & feathers... I'm well aware of the ROK Tigers.. I was at Suwon 86-87, and my Dad was in the war 51-52 in the 25th infantry.... He was a young Lieutenant, and said the only folks more savage than the ROK's he had to work with were the Turks...

I lived off-base and had a Yobo ( Korean Girlfriend )... I don't know what smelled worse... The base was surrounded by Rice fields which were fertilized by opening the local sewer systems to flood the paddies, or that fucking Kimchee she brought in the house... I ended up buying a 2nd Fridge for her to keep the Gook food, because everything would absorb the smell of it...

We shared Suwon Air Base with the ROK Air Force.. This was also their Basic Training center for recruits.. As you know, a 3 year gig of military service is mandatory for these folks.. I used to watch their Drill instructors just kicked the shit out of those poor bastards.. They play by Big Boy rules...

Fertilized egg in Vietnam. Little chick inside Egg. Had a few with Jim Bean and #33 French beer. Ba mui ba =33. Really sucked.

My squad leader told me about eating those eggs when he was in VietNam...said they put them in the ground for a couple of weeks !

And I thought he was bullshiting me !

Korea beer...YUK ! Jinro wasn't bad with coke...well the price was right !

psy-chamisul.jpg

nước mắm. This shit was a fish sauce. It was used somewhat like a soy sauce. The slope heads took the heads and tails of little fish and put them in a pot with salt. They buried the pot and dug it up months later. The mess was liquified. I was at an LZ called Betty outside of a big nước mắm production town called Phan Thiet. We were Mech. Inf. and we had to drive through the town on the way to the LZ after a patrol. We could smell the town before we could see it. It was putrid. I was an agent. MOS97. I had to leave the LZ occasionally to interrogate prisoners at the National Police and the CIA. I loved Pho Bac. Pho Bac was a North Vietnamese soup. I would stop at a roadside cafe and have Pho. One time i decided to try nước mắm. I spooned some over steamed rice and gave it a shot. It smelled like the shit the slopes used to burn at the LZ. It was so salty i only ate a spoonful of it. It was bad and i never tried it again. I cringe thinking about the fact i even tried it.

What wouldn't you eat?

Protien is very universal

nước mắm. This shit was a fish sauce. It was used somewhat like a soy sauce. The slope heads took the heads and tails of little fish and put them in a pot with salt. They buried the pot and dug it up months later. The mess was liquified. I was at an LZ called Betty outside of a big nước mắm production town called Phan Thiet. We were Mech. Inf. and we had to drive through the town on the way to the LZ after a patrol. We could smell the town before we could see it. It was putrid. I was an agent. MOS97. I had to leave the LZ occasionally to interrogate prisoners at the National Police and the CIA. I loved Pho Bac. Pho Bac was a North Vietnamese soup. I would stop at a roadside cafe and have Pho. One time i decided to try nước mắm. I spooned some over steamed rice and gave it a shot. It smelled like the shit the slopes used to burn at the LZ. It was so salty i only ate a spoonful of it. It was bad and i never tried it again. I cringe thinking about the fact i even tried it.

ok so i could not eat any of that

It's called Balute. It is frisking horrible.

My squad leader told me about eating those eggs when he was in VietNam...said they put them in the ground for a couple of weeks !

And I thought he was bullshiting me !

Korea beer...YUK ! Jinro wasn't bad with coke...well the price was right !

psy-chamisul.jpg

Agreed... The Beer was piss.... OB and Crown...

We used to drink the Soju served in big bowls with fruit punch mixed in called Jungle Juice.... Quite a few times Jinru left me thinking I'd seen Jesus.... There was another God awful swill we used to drink called Peach Oscar... It made Andre Cold Duck seem like the finest French Champagne...

Kobia2,

Chit'lins (pork intestines) are probably are the worst that comes to mind. (Especially if their not cleaned well). Not to mention the fat content.

......but they sure go well with rice and hotsauce.......mmmmmm

I've never had Chitterlings....

They say you have to spend a lot of time rinsing the shit out of them, then soak and boil them for hours, after which they taste like nothing but whatever you season them with... Sounds like I could boil rubber bands and douse in Hot Sauce to achieve the same dining experience...

I worked with the Tiger DIvision. My worst meal in nam was vietnam C-rats from an Arvin camp. Consisted of rice paper candy, dried bamboo shoots, red chili flakes, and dried minnows. Slimy mess, but not bad if having been starved a few days.

Nuoc Mam Cham sauce, never had it, but smelling it gave you the heaves.

Here I would say any body organ from any animal, etc. Now I have an acquired taste for human vagina, lol

Another drink concoction I saw in some of the Bars in Korea was something kept on display behind the counters... It was a large jar with a whole Snake in it marinating in some sort of formaldehyde solution.... I did shots on a few occasions, and it was like rubbing alcohol....

They always tried to pimp these potions as fertility nectars.... Sounds great if you wanted to die with a Hard-On

Wouldn't it be great if you could fish like this

Redkingcrab.jpg

Steam that son of a bitch

I would like to have the skeleton of one that size, stuffed for a coffee table. I saw one on an interview with Palin, maybe hers.

Another drink concoction I saw in some of the Bars in Korea was something kept on display behind the counters... It was a large jar with a whole Snake in it marinating in some sort of formaldehyde solution.... I did shots on a few occasions, and it was like rubbing alcohol....

They always tried to pimp these potions as fertility nectars.... Sounds great if you wanted to die with a Hard-On

Tequila with its worm. Use to cross down to Mexico and pick up a gallon jug down there.

I would like to have the skeleton of one that size, stuffed for a coffee table. I saw one on an interview with Palin, maybe hers.

Tequila with its worm. Use to cross down to Mexico and pick up a gallon jug down there.

We used to get this other swill out of Mexico called Mescal... It was like Tequila on Steroids.... You'd be hallucinating long before reaching that worm at the bottom of the bottle...

Perhaps not... Food Stamp Man out in California was able to use his SNAP Card to buy Maine Lobster & Sushi.... Bernie would probably extend that to King Crab and Shrimp cocktail as well

I've never had Chitterlings....

They say you have to spend a lot of time rinsing the shit out of them, then soak and boil them for hours, after which they taste like nothing but whatever you season them with... Sounds like I could boil rubber bands and douse in Hot Sauce to achieve the same dining experience...

....hey I get it...chit'lins aren't for everyone's taste.....

....hey I get it...chit'lins aren't for everyone's taste.....

I've never had them, but I've eaten Tripe many times... I'm guessing it's kind of similar.... Mom would clean the hell out of it---soak it---clean it again---soak it again---then simmer it for hours in Marinara sauce... On it's own it had no taste, but in the sauce it would absorb that flavour.. It was more of a texture thing I guess.. I liked it...

I've never had them, but I've eaten Tripe many times... I'm guessing it's kind of similar.... Mom would clean the hell out of it---soak it---clean it again---soak it again---then simmer it for hours in Marinara sauce... On it's own it had no taste, but in the sauce it would absorb that flavour.. It was more of a texture thing I guess.. I liked it...

.....how in the world can one can eat tripe is a mystery to me.....

....it's an odor kind of thing to me....can't stand the smell when it's cooking....