Sign in to follow this  
jamesland7

What is Kim Davis' Endgame?

What do you think Kim Davis ultimate end game with her big fight in KY is? If it was nothing more than a religious objection, she could easily just resign and wouldn't have to give it another thought. but the fact that she won't resign and even went to court about it means that she's intentionally making a scene. What do you think is her ultimate endgame here?

She's propped up by the Republicans and I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but she is a poster gal for them at this point. Likely her meeting with the pope was set up behind the scenes by the right to make her stand against gay marriage appear to sanctioned by the Catholic Church. Recent statements from the Vatican suggest otherwise.

I like Pope Francis, but I don't support everything he says. I think it would make a lot of sense to allow women to be priest - in fact, that would be an absolutely divine change that would be miraculous in lifting women up all over the world. Women are so poorly treated all over the world in unimaginable ways, just that one change would have so much gravity, I believe it would be a miracle.

Look, the pope said, who am I to judge, when asked about whether or not it was a sin to be gay. What he meant, what he seems to impart is that there is too much suffering in this world, too many people are separated, there is too much poverty, and too many people need assistance big time, so this talk about gays and even about abortion absolutely needs to take a back seat to all the poverty and war

that is now our current reality.

And so, from the way the right has backed Kim Davis up, it appears to be another semi-retarded stalemate; meaning that even though what she is doing is now against the law, the Republicans are going to use it.

The Donald BTW, is the Republican Party - he is the mirror of the party, and he's even kinder and gentler in some ways. The Donald, with all his crazy nonsense, with all his lack of governing skill, mimics what we've seen from the Republicans all along.

Peace!

My speculation on Kim's end game is simply that her first refusal pushed her into the spotlight. She became propped up by republicans and they appear to be willing to give her fame and fortune to keep up the fight. So I guess she will continue to do everything she can to keep in the spotlight to get enough money to last a lifetime. One problem of course is she will never have enough so the fight goes on.

I get the impression that she decided to make a protest and that made her famous. She likes being famous, so she continues to refuse to sign gay marriage certificates, and she likes getting paid, so she does not resign.

The whole thing will end if and when she runs for office again and loses to someone else. It is possible that she will win.

I don't get the impression that she actually had a plan, other than to get attention for her cause.se

Never assume conspiracy when incompetence will suffice.

"The Donald BTW, is the Republican Party - he is the mirror of the party, and he's even kinder and gentler in some ways. The Donald, with all his crazy nonsense, with all his lack of governing skill, mimics what we've seen from the Republicans all along."

I just thought that was worth restating.

Peace!