TrueDem

Premptive attack on Iran now being contemplated in Israel.

Keep an eye out guys, sounds like Israel is planning to attack Iran now. Nothing like a good historic treaty by Obama to bring peace to the Middle East. I will give you links once I can confirm.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/opinions/kurtzer-israel-iran-deal/

It is not too late for cooler heads in Israel and in Congress to prevail, cooler heads that would seek to engage intensely with the administration to enhance intelligence and other capabilities designed to safeguard Israel's security during the implementation period. For a country like Israel, with its unique security challenges and one true friend in the world, it seems to me wise to work with us to make this agreement succeed.

Keep an eye out guys, sounds like Israel is planning to attack Iran now. Nothing like a good historic treaty by Obama to bring peace to the Middle East. I will give you links once I can confirm.

Considering Iran's rhetoric about destroying Israel, how could any liberal object?

I doubt Israel is afraid to take Iran on, and face devastation to their own people. Iran is no paper tiger.

Considering Iran's rhetoric about destroying Israel, how could any liberal object?

Considering Israels rhetoric about destroying Iran, how could anyone object? What did Bush say? Bring it on!!!!

I doubt Israel is afraid to take Iran on, and face devastation to their own people. Iran is no paper tiger.

They are still primitive mud-hut dwellers. Israel can easily take out Iran's military. The same way we destroyed all of Iraq's formal military within a few weeks, Israel is more than capable of devastating Iranian forces. People forget that our causalities in Iraq came from trying to nation build and prevent insurgency. If you exclude humanitarian warfare then it is not so hard to win when you have as big a technological edge as Israel does.

The question is not so much a military question as a question of the best timing and method of Israel's next move. Do they attack covertly or openly? Do they wait until Iran does something stupid to justify the attack or until Obama is gone? Lots of interesting questions. Israel probably will delay military action for a little bit; however, I have it on good authority that covert stuff is being planned as we speak. Israel will not be left vulnerable.

It will be a re-run of Operation Opera------when Israel ended Saddam's Nuclear ambitions with a precision strike on Iraq's facilities..... And the reaction will also be the same... The UN and rest of the world will publicly condemn Israel----but privately celebrate their actions...

Considering Israels rhetoric about destroying Iran, how could anyone object? What did Bush say? Bring it on!!!!

Well, who started it?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/opinions/kurtzer-israel-iran-deal/

It is not too late for cooler heads in Israel and in Congress to prevail, cooler heads that would seek to engage intensely with the administration to enhance intelligence and other capabilities designed to safeguard Israel's security during the implementation period. For a country like Israel, with its unique security challenges and one true friend in the world, it seems to me wise to work with us to make this agreement succeed.

Nothing in the deal provides for the security of Israel, which is why they vehemently oppose it.... The Iranian Ayatollah, who really holds power and dictates policy in Iran continues to threaten / advocate the destruction of Israel... Let's get real here... How good could this deal be if we couldn't even secure the release of our own Americans being detained there against their will---one being a Marine? The majority of Americans wanted Congress to reject the deal, but they like Israel don't matter to the Obama administration or its supporters...

Israel has had nukes for awhile and Iran is still there. Is Israel talking of a nuclear pre-emptive strike?

They are still primitive mud-hut dwellers. Israel can easily take out Iran's military. The same way we destroyed all of Iraq's formal military within a few weeks, Israel is more than capable of devastating Iranian forces. People forget that our causalities in Iraq came from trying to nation build and prevent insurgency. If you exclude humanitarian warfare then it is not so hard to win when you have as big a technological edge as Israel does.

The question is not so much a military question as a question of the best timing and method of Israel's next move. Do they attack covertly or openly? Do they wait until Iran does something stupid to justify the attack or until Obama is gone? Lots of interesting questions. Israel probably will delay military action for a little bit; however, I have it on good authority that covert stuff is being planned as we speak. Israel will not be left vulnerable.

Iran ranks higher than Israel

Iran[77] 523,000 Active 350,000 Reserve 40,000 Paramilitary 913,000 Total

Israel[80] 176,500 Active 465,000 Reserve 8,000 Paramilitary 649,500 Total

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces

They can take em

Only with US military help. ONLY WITH US MILITARY HELP

Israel has had nukes for awhile and Iran is still there. Is Israel talking of a nuclear pre-emptive strike?

I think they mentioned the possibility if they were getting their ass kicked.

Not likely.... As I posted, it will probably be a precision strike by air at the above ground facilities, with the inclusion of a small number of special forces boots on the ground to hit the underground sites...

So how are the migrants being cleared as they cross Europe? Who is to say is is not in the crowds

They would be unorganized, right? No threat.

Iran ranks higher than Israel

Iran[77] 523,000 Active 350,000 Reserve 40,000 Paramilitary 913,000 Total

Israel[80] 176,500 Active 465,000 Reserve 8,000 Paramilitary 649,500 Total

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces

Only with US military help. ONLY WITH US MILITARY HELP

I think they mentioned the possibility if they were getting their ass kicked.

Didn't Iraq boast the 4th largest standing military force in the world when the coalition defeated them in a matter of weeks?

Obama has now pledged to take in 20,000 of the Syrian refugees in the next year or so.... His problem is he needs to have Congress approve funding for the venture... Not gonna happen, as I doubt even a majority of the Dems in Congress will put their political necks out on that one...

Didn't Iraq boast the 4th largest standing military force in the world when the coalition defeated them in a matter of weeks?

Obama has now pledged to take in 20,000 of the Syrian refugees in the next year or so.... His problem is he needs to have Congress approve funding for the venture... Not gonna happen, as I doubt even a majority of the Dems in Congress will put their political necks out on that one...

Go through the list of troops and military equipment Iran has. Israel send in jets and they would be blown out of the air. Iran has access to Russia's arsenal.

23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.pngRussia

23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China

23px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.pngCuba

23px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.pngBelarus[3]

23px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.pngNorth Korea

23px-Flag_of_Syria.svg.pngSyria

23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.pngUkraine

23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.pngTurkey

23px-Flag_of_India.svg.pngIndia

23px-Flag_of_Venezuela.svg.pngVenezuela

Israel has access to the American arsenal.

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.pngUnited States (1968–present)[5]

23px-Flag_of_Czechoslovakia.svg.pngCzechoslovakia (1948)[6]

23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.pngGermany (1998–present)[7]

23px-Flag_of_France.svg.pngFrance (1955–1966)[8]

There's no way any other scenario than a nuke attack by Israel, could they defeat Iran. A lot of nukes.

It is not off the table but it is highly unlikely. There are weapons of sufficient destructive force capable of dealing with Iranian nuclear facilities that do not require the issues a nuclear strike would entail.

Go through the list of troops and military equipment Iran has. Israel send in jets and they would be blown out of the air. Iran has access to Russia's arsenal.

There's no way any other scenario than a nuke attack by Israel, could they defeat Iran. A lot of nukes.

My point stands. You are listing countries like Cuba and North Korea which offer no serious forces to the equation. The equipment is only useful in the hands of skilled and organized tacticians. You are talking about Sand N1ggers. Certain technologies can completely negate the cold war era tech Russia likes to send to these places. Israel is shooting missiles and artillery shells out of the air with lasers. They have defense systems like Trophy which are decades more advanced than anything Iran is fielding. One Israeli jet could take out an entire Iranian armor division and that is with conventional weapons only. This is a laughable comparison.

Doesn't mean a thing in a precision strike / incursion Shinny.... What matters is special OPs personnel, intelligence, training, stealth technology and the ability to successfully launch such an incursion which Israel has... Remember, Russia also armed Egypt & Syria with state of the art weaponry of the time, and that didn't make a difference in the 1973 Yom Kippur War when they were both humiliated & defeated by Israel..

See, that last little thing.......I don't get the impression Israel wants to "defeat" Iran......I get the impression they are just tired of Iran sponsoring terrorism against them and probably the rest of the free world. Giving their terrorist buddies a nuclear weapon that the terrorist buddies have every intention of using, if true, is this acceptable to you?

See, that last little thing.......I don't get the impression Israel wants to "defeat" Iran......I get the impression they are just tired of Iran sponsoring terrorism against them and probably the rest of the free world. Giving their terrorist buddies a nuclear weapon that the terrorist buddies have every intention of using, if true, is this acceptable to you?

Exactly.... It's the same as when Israel took out & eliminated Saddam's Nuclear ambitions in Operation Opera in the 80's... The objective was to lessen the threat by destroying Iraq's facilities... The objective was not to wage war on the entire populace and defeat Iraq as a whole...

Well, who started it?

Good question, hard to say actually, depends on WHO you want to defend and claim started it. Here is the West view, slipperly as it is.

The turning point from cold peace toward hostility occurred in the early 1990s, shortly after the collapse of the Soviet Union and defeat of the Iraqi Army during Desert Storm, after which distribution of relative power shifted towards Iran and Israel and formed a nascent bipolar structure in the Middle East. The conflict escalated in the early 1990s, as Yitzhak Rabin's government adopted a more aggressive posture on Iran.[1] Rhetorical conflict additionally heated up during the presidency of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who made inflammatory statements against Israel. Other factors which have contributed to the escalation of tensions include Iran's development of nuclear technology relative to Israel's long-stated Begin Doctrine, Iranian funding of groups like Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad and Hamas, and alleged involvement in terrorist attacks such as the 1992 attack on Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires and the 1994 AMIA bombing, alleged Israeli support for groups like PMOI or Jundallah and alleged covert operations in Iran including assassinations and explosions.[2]

Exchanges between Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Israel have demonstrated a strained relationship. These exchanges have been characterized by contentious speeches and statements, including calls to "eliminate the Zionist regime".[1][2][3] Ahmadinejad took part in a protest called "The World Without Zionism" and has derided Israel on numerous occasions.[4] He has urged regional powers to cut diplomatic and economic ties with Israel and halt oil sales. Tensions have risen over Iran's nuclear program.[5]

2005 call to "move" Israel

In an interview on Iran's Arabic channel 'Al-Alam', Ahmadinejad said that if Germany and Austria feel responsible for the massacre of Jews during World War II, they should host a state of Israel on their own soil. Speaking at a news conference on the summit sidelines, Ahmadinejad said most Jews in Israel "have no roots in Palestine, but they are holding the destiny of Palestine in their hands and allow themselves to kill the Palestinian people."[6]

“Some European countries insist on saying that during World War II, Hitler burned millions of Jews and put them in concentration camps. Any historian, commentator or scientist who doubts that is taken to prison or gets condemned. Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true... If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe – like in Germany, Austria or other countries – to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe. You offer part of Europe and we will support it."[6]

My point stands. You are listing countries like Cuba and North Korea which offer no serious forces to the equation. The equipment is only useful in the hands of skilled and organized tacticians. You are talking about Sand N1ggers. Certain technologies can completely negate the cold war era tech Russia likes to send to these places. Israel is shooting missiles and artillery shells out of the air with lasers. They have defense systems like Trophy which are decades more advanced than anything Iran is fielding. One Israeli jet could take out an entire Iranian armor division and that is with conventional weapons only. This is a laughable comparison.

Here are your mud huts.

cities1.jpg

0bfd296c8c8413c5dc10388bf3ca681f.jpg

Tehran-TochalGondola-ClearViewUptownTehr

Here are your mud huts & sand nigars. Obviously your full of shit and trying to pump it here. No one is talking a need for additional forces for Iran, but if they needed them Russia would be there. If it escalated, china might also.

Here are your mud huts.

cities1.jpg

0bfd296c8c8413c5dc10388bf3ca681f.jpg

Tehran-TochalGondola-ClearViewUptownTehr

Here are your mud huts & sand nigars. Obviously your full of shit and trying to pump it here. No one is talking a need for additional forces for Iran, but if they needed them Russia would be there. If it escalated, china might also.

Looks like ghetto trash structures. Here is where many of them live:

iranian-woman-walking-in-the-traditional

LOL China would be there eh? Who cares? What is China going to send? A ping pong brigade? I seem to remember many Russian failures in the Middle East. We did in weeks what Russia could not achieve in years. You are very ignorant as to the nature of modern warfare.