Sign in to follow this  
MatSm

Should People Be Required To Obtain A Parenting License In Order To Ha

I am a degree in early childhood education. I have worked in a child care facility for many years. I have pretty much seen and heard it all. There are parents who will love and care for children the right way. Children die everyday due to lack of parenting. Some parents are either uneducated or plain stupid. I believe people should have to have a license to have children.

I am a degree in early childhood education. I have worked in a child care facility for many years. I have pretty much seen and heard it all. There are parents who will love and care for children the right way. Children die everyday due to lack of parenting. Some parents are either uneducated or plain stupid. I believe people should have to have a license to have children.

It's a good idea in theory. Minimum standard for parenthood would be the likelihood of being able to provide a stable upbringing, free of mental and physical abuse. Potential parents should be able to demonstrate they understand basics of parental care.

The main problem would be how to prevent unfit people from becoming parents in the first place.

Not only should they have a license to have children, but anyone who fails the test should be sterilized.

I've had it with modern-day hillbilly neanderthals fucking things up for everyone else.

or what? You see, there will always be people who figure out fucking is fun, and will fuck up and have children before you deem them worthy. So, then what? Mandatory what? Abortions?

This might be a good idea, and it has appeared in Sci-Fi novels, but I am sure that requiring licenses for parenthood is against both the Constitution and the UN Declaration of Human Rights, so discussing it is more like discussing science fiction than reality.

Usually, in Sci-Fi, people are rendered sterile at puberty with an implanted device, which is removed only when the persons have passed the course in proper parenting. We have the technology to do this, but again, it is sure to be illegal everywhere.

The only thing a society can do is to strive to educate all prospective parents in school in parenting in public schools.

Sorry, but you don't get to take away a couple's right to have children simply because you disagree with their parenting methods. It's just another attempt at eugenics, and as we all know it eventually leads to putting numbers on people, stuffing them in trains, and sending them to camps. Besides, we already have child services agents whose job it is to take children out of abusive homes.

In short, take your Hitler light idea and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

does you employer know your a racist?

Wow, you believe people should have a license to reproduce. What a statist that doesn't want to understand simple compounding inversion sustained by perpetual molecular migration moving universal displacement into specific placements of inorganic positions of galaxies, solar systems, planets to organic positions within these specific universal locations such as this atmosphere having this thread appear through technology that erases the concept of time relativity in plain sight and most posting ignore the self evident to stay in character of social interpretation of could be anything other than what does.

We know that eugenics does work quite well on horses, cattle, chickens, turkeys and dogs. Hitler's approach to it was based on nonsense, and was compulsory, so of course it was insane, immoral and ineffective. However, it did result in a lot of tall, blonde Germans who had all sorts of problems growing up in Postwar Germany. There are several good biographies and novels about this written in German.

What is clearly destined to happen is very rich and of course, secretive people selecting the attributes of their children based on "designer genes", so they will be taller, stronger, healthier and longer lived than average. I do not think that it is any coincidence that the Queen Mother, Her Royal Highness, QE II, David Rockefeller, a Rothschild or two and other very wealthy individuals have outlived the usual longevity charts, and I expect we shall see a lot more of such. I am sure that Her Royal Britannic Majesty will not be refraining from buying even the greenest of bananas. Prince Charles might have to wait into his nineties to be King Charles.

Robert Heinlein, the Sci-Fi author had several books that included the superannuated clan of Lazarus Long in it. Interesting to Google.

I would be very surprised if there were not dozens of hedge fund managers spending a lot of money on seeing to it that their heirs live well past the century mark, and in good health as well.

XavierOnassis,

Thanks, I am all for designer children as that is an ethical way to ensure the health of our population without infringing on the rights of others. Whether such a thing will be within reach of the poor and middle class; however, is probably an argument unto itself.

Also, I'll have to check out the Sci-fi author you mentioned, thanks.

Not only should they have a license to have children, but anyone who fails the test should be sterilized.

I've had it with modern-day hillbilly neanderthals fucking things up for everyone else.

Vasectomies instead of circumcisions at the onslaught of puberty. When passing the parenting test, the vasectomy is reveresed.

ends the need for birth control, right? sarcasm applied.

XavierOnassis,

Thanks, I am all for designer children as that is an ethical way to ensure the health of our population without infringing on the rights of others. Whether such a thing will be within reach of the poor and middle class; however, is probably an argument unto itself.

Also, I'll have to check out the Sci-fi author you mentioned, thanks.

How could it not infringe on the rights of others?

No one gets a job in finance that cannot instantly derive derivatives in their head.

Perhaps people will be bred that can simply plug into a computer database.

No one gets in the NFL unless they are 400 lb. 6'5 and genetically engineered.

No one gets in the NBA unless they are over 7 ft. tall and can hit the basket from 20 yards.

The Olympic Games will become a competition between the products of genetic engineers.

I think that the ending of The Wrath of Khan in reality would end with Khan winning.

Star Trek speculated about this:

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Noonian_Soong

XavierOnassis,

You're complaint is illogical.

Already you can't get a job in finance unless you can do the associated math.

Already you can't get into the NFL, the NBA, or the Olympics without a genetic disposition that gives you a physical advantage over others.

How would designer babies make it any more discriminatory than it already is?

How could it not infringe on the rights of others?

No one gets a job in finance that cannot instantly derive derivatives in their head.

Perhaps people will be bred that can simply plug into a computer database.

No one gets in the NFL unless they are 400 lb. 6'5 and genetically engineered.

No one gets in the NBA unless they are over 7 ft. tall and can hit the basket from 20 yards.

The Olympic Games will become a competition between the products of genetic engineers.

I think that the ending of The Wrath of Khan in reality would end with Khan winning.

Star Trek speculated about this:

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Noonian_Soong

brains over brawn. Instincts valued less than vocabulary. A mind supercedes brain activity. What could go wrong eternally using that kind of ruling philosophy directing societal evolution as an academic tent to sustaining hypothetical ideologies as a social conscienceness role playing has legal rights to take liberties from the sole results of genetic displacement before they are ever added into this atmosphere.

Unpayable eternal debt to society..

As humanity evolves and changes it's expectations of "society". . . some of the changes will not be liked by everyone, but will be necessary for the greater good. This will become more pressing as the population continues to expand with no controls and continues taxing the resources for that growing population.

I don't think everything coming in our future would be considered nice and pleasant by today's observers.

"Not only should they have a license to have children, but anyone who fails the test should be sterilized.

I've had it with modern-day hillbilly neanderthals fucking things up for everyone else. "

This point will become part of a future norm.

As humanity evolves and changes it's expectations of "society". . .

This point will become part of a future norm.

Again with humanity evolves. What drives societal evolution, institutions or ancestors seeking a means to ignore sole displacement?

How would designer babies make it any more discriminatory than it already is?

=====================================================================

It would be a matter of degree. ONLY genetically modified people would have a chance in life, decided before they were born by their parents.

I see this as inevitable, and I do not see how it could be avoided.

It would mean the end of equality in every aspect of society.

I can't see that as a positive thing.

XavierOnassis, how is that any different from now?

Today it is wealth and genetics that play the largest roles in determining ones success in life.

Having Designer babies isn't going to change that as at the beginning it would only play into the status quo.

Furgling with genetics means that only those who have very rich parents who could afford having their chromosomes furgled with will be successful and those people will dominate everyone else.

I don't see this as a positive development.

Perhaps you should think about it.

this is a joke right?

I think Child Protection Services should do more sting operations, like Bait Car, or and undercover drug sting. Take an at risk kid and follow up on his home life yes but Parent Licensing sounds too Orwellian.... cuz then the state will focus on momey making rather than kids well being.

Much like cops focus on traffic tickets while motels and hotels make 70% of their revenues providing overnight drug dens to addicts and dealers.