The ongoing debates (August 2015) among potential Republican presidential candidates reminded me of a note I posted several years ago. Below is a link to an updated (and hopefully better) version of this note:

How can a retired teacher miss an opportunity for sharing what he thinks he understands better? Feel free to share the above link with all who might be interested, especially students. Comments will be appreciated, as usual.

Ludwik Kowalski, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus,

Montclair State University

=============================================

The ongoing debates (August 2015) among potential Republican presidential candidates reminded me of a note I posted several years ago. Below is a link to an updated (and hopefully better) version of this note:
How can a retired teacher miss an opportunity for sharing what he thinks he understands better? Feel free to share the above link with all who might be interested, especially students. Comments will be appreciated, as usual.
Ludwik Kowalski, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus,
Montclair State University
=============================================

I understand your point.

I heard many years ago that one reason for the electoral vote is to protect the more rural states from the higher populated states.

There are times when laws protect smaller groups from the will of the larger group.

I'm not in the business of telling the population centers how to run their state...I want to be afforded the same respect.

Values often differ depending on the size of the population.

I understand your point.

I heard many years ago that one reason for the electoral vote is to protect the more rural states from the higher populated states.

There are times when laws protect smaller groups from the will of the larger group.

I'm not in the business of telling the population centers how to run their state...I want to be afforded the same respect.

Values often differ depending on the size of the population.

I think the president should be elected like any other representative is, by popular vote of the will of the American people. The same goes with the Supreme Court when a vacancy arrives, and they should serve no more that 16 years, the terms of two presidents limitations.

• Upvote 1

I think the president should be elected like any other representative is, by popular vote of the will of the American people. The same goes with the Supreme Court when a vacancy arrives, and they should serve no more that 16 years, the terms of two presidents limitations.

Judges, and prosecutors for that matter, shouldn't be subject to popularity contests.

Judges, and prosecutors for that matter, shouldn't be subject to popularity contests.

A good way to keep them honest is to replace them often by the will of the people. It is the people who change their society to reflect their new views and acceptance of issues. What, is the SC a dictatorship?