ouch! stocks plunge over 500. 1000 for the week

More to come.. happens eveytime we change POTUS.. some are smart and sell high... and buy low

Some truth in what you say...but other factors are also at play.

2016 is still a ways off...it's mostly the China syndrome and what the current admin might do in its farewell shot.

I'm not advocating any one candidate yet...BUT, if Trump gets the nomination when the market is low...you could make some nice money going into the election regardless of who wins.

Trump made his money in the private sector, albeit influence was bought in some cases. Even Trump acknowledges that.

It will go back up. It always does. I'm not willing to get out and accept what I've lost this year, and my retirement money is tax deferred so that will only make it more painful.

"It will go back up. It always does."

Good luck with that. I hope you have a Plan B.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only ones who are sweating this are the people who have something to lose. They are not idiots like the majority of the Republican constituency. They know that people are not going to sit back and

You're a sick fuck. You shouldn't be in the job you're in if you choose to protect people based of economical status. Please, what's your employer's information? Do they give you a weapon? Why are y

We have a desire to make sense and type coherently drywaller.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! The dollar is worthless, gold is where it's at. Give your dollars to gold companies and they'll give you gold. Then they'll buy a Lamborghini and you'll have....gold.

Oil and gold are two different investment instruments. What are you walking about?

ANOTHER EXAGGERATION by an idiot CON; I am only a lath & plaster ESTIMATOR.

Like China's?

Mr. Baby does not have permission to speak ill of China.

"Indeed, Monday’s trading session saw the main indexes plunge by more than 5%. Nearly 14 billion shares changed hands on Monday, the largest volume since August 10, 2011."

The trend is your friend...if you're short today.

The stock market will go up, of course, it is only a matter of when. Almost certainly by the end of the year. The US is the best place to invest money, when this becomes obvious, the money will come to the NYSE and the NASDAQ and those markets will go up. Anyone selling at this point will be a loser for sure.

We have a desire to make sense and type coherently drywaller.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! The dollar is worthless, gold is where it's at. Give your dollars to gold companies and they'll give you gold. Then they'll buy a Lamborghini and you'll have....gold.

Oil and gold are two different investment instruments. What are you walking about?

Yes they are. But they are also completely the same as they are both commodities to be bought and sold. Neither are buy and forget about investments. After the events of the last few days in the markets, nothing is a buy and forget about investment. What i'm afraid is going to happen now, is people are going to completely lose faith in the market, and adopt a liquidation stance of either having their money in a savings account, or tied up in their primary residence. Which all things considered since '08, you can't really blame them. I can see we're in similar investment instruments, so i'm in the position of having to stay put until retirement in just a few more years. At which time I will be liquidating my 401(k), and self directed IRA, into 100% USD to be held in multiple FICA bank savings accounts. No more market exposure for me in my retirement years.

Yes they are. But they are also completely the same as they are both commodities to be bought and sold. Neither are buy and forget about investments. After the events of the last few days in the markets, nothing is a buy and forget about investment. What i'm afraid is going to happen now, is people are going to completely lose faith in the market, and adopt a liquidation stance of either having their money in a savings account, or tied up in their primary residence. Which all things considered since '08, you can't really blame them. I can see we're in similar investment instruments, so i'm in the position of having to stay put until retirement in just a few more years. At which time I will be liquidating my 401(k), and self directed IRA, into 100% USD to be held in multiple FICA bank savings accounts. No more market exposure for me in my retirement years.

I semi-retired a couple of years ago, but I try to buy a little w/dividend build every time we have 1 of these dips.

It will go back up. It always does. I'm not willing to get out and accept what I've lost this year, and my retirement money is tax deferred so that will only make it more painful.

What, so there has never been a depression? There has never been another country who's currency has turned into toilet paper? History lessons much?

I semi-retired a couple of years ago, but I try to buy a little w/dividend build every time we have 1 of these dips.

Nothing wrong with that I guess if you have the discretionary funds. What i've found out since becoming an old fucker, is I don't spend money like I used to. As my life starts to become more about the simple things, I realize i've become a prisoner to all of the "stuff" i've accumulated over the years. The day I file for that Social Security check, i'm going to have the yard sale that beats all yard sales, and stay on my jon boat in the middle of the pond with the dog.

I scaled back years ago.

I can get by fine on minimum wage and all my fun is had gardening g and feeding animals.

F the rat race.

I hear you. Once you reach that point where you're moving stuff because it's in your way, and you haven't even touched it in years. Time to put up the yard sale sign. Now I know what Warren Buffet meant in an interview I saw a few years back, when he was asked about making certain investments. He asked the guy interviewing him " For what, so I can buy another suit, or eat better"? :lol:

I've done all of the traveling i'm going to do, bought enough toys, and pigged out on everything you can fry, broil, and grill.

Now i'm in stress reduction mode. Which means stop worrying about money, and stuff I don't need anymore.

I get to laugh at the kids now watching them worry about it.

Oh right....how could I have forgotten about that? The currency of a country lasted four years and wasn't good anywhere outside the confederacy turned to toilet paper. Great example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/1920s/Econ20s.htm

But no, America that owes almost 20 TRILLION is soooo different....