Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

Codename: Mackadamia

I'd like to talk to this guy...the day before he got out of prison:

A federal jury in Brooklyn convicted Bernard Raymond Augustine, a U.S. citizen of attempting to provide material support to the Islamic State. The verdict followed a one-week trial before United States District Judge Sterling Johnson, Jr. When sentenced, Augustine faces up to 20 years in prison.

The defendant took the witness stand in his own defense and his testimony included the following statements:

“I just want to tell the jury that I do not regret my decision, I’m proud of my decision and if I could go back and start over I would do it again, and if I became a free man tomorrow I would do it again, I would leave and I would do that again. I have no regrets about it and I’m proud of it. And I believe that all Muslims must immigrate to the Islamic State upon its establishment, especially ones living in the west.”

32 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

I'd like to talk to this guy...the day before he got out of prison:

A federal jury in Brooklyn convicted Bernard Raymond Augustine, a U.S. citizen of attempting to provide material support to the Islamic State. The verdict followed a one-week trial before United States District Judge Sterling Johnson, Jr. When sentenced, Augustine faces up to 20 years in prison.

The defendant took the witness stand in his own defense and his testimony included the following statements:

“I just want to tell the jury that I do not regret my decision, I’m proud of my decision and if I could go back and start over I would do it again, and if I became a free man tomorrow I would do it again, I would leave and I would do that again. I have no regrets about it and I’m proud of it. And I believe that all Muslims must immigrate to the Islamic State upon its establishment, especially ones living in the west.”

its-not-waterboarding-if-you-use-diesel-

Randall Champion accidentally touched a high-voltage line, electrifying himself and stopping his heart. A fellow linemen J.D. Thompson performed mouth-to-mouth CPR until paramedics arrived. Champion survived.

This picture is known as "The Kiss of Life."

Photo by Rocco Morabito. 1967

May be an image of one or more people and outdoors

Richter scale (ML), quantitative measure of an earthquake's magnitude (size), devised in 1935 by American seismologists Charles F.

The earthquake's magnitude is determined using the logarithm of the amplitude (height) of the largest seismic wave calibrated to a scale by a seismograph.

A seismometer is an instrument that responds to ground noises and shaking such as caused by earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and explosions. They are combined with a timing device and a recording device.

seismograph on Make a GIF

This just in from Philly:

This guy did not make it:

Man Dies After Being Shot 20 Times In South Philadelphia, Police Say

This guy hit a gray Ford didn't make it either. (bikers fault)

Picture for Auto Accident In Northeast Philadelphia Leaves 1 Man Dead

Those weren't exactly his last words - he lived for four more days after writing them and then, in his 'fortified compound' at Owl Farm, Woody Creek, Colorado, shot himself in the head.

"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun - for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax - This won't hurt."

The Rudest Letters From Celebrities To Their Fans (PHOTOS) | HuffPost

In April 1967 at 21 years old, Oliver Stone enlisted in the Army and requested combat duty in Vietnam. "I thought war was it; it was the most difficult thing a young man could go through... It was a rite of passage.

Combat Infantry Badge.
Bronze Star Medal.
Purple Heart (2)
Air Medal ribbon.
Army Commendation Medal ribbon.
National Defense Service Medal ribbon.
Vietnam Service Medal ribbon.
Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal.

May be an image of 1 person and standing

Fournier's attorney, Thomas G. Shapiro outlined how Scuderi has raised more than $80 million since its founding in 2002 and has yet to make $1 from its engine technology. The money was raised -- in amounts as small as $5,000 -- from many small-time investors unschooled in venture capital or startup technology companies and the financial risks they pose. Many of those investors were recruited by Scuderi associates who were paid finders' fees or were packaged together in investor clubs.

78b37ab3a0f0dd38a8c8b54336877758.gif

• Thumb up 1