Codename: Mackadamia

August 8, 1974: In an evening televised address President Richard M. Nixon announces his intention to become the first president in American history to resign. With impeachment proceedings underway against him for his involvement in the Watergate affair, Nixon was finally bowing to pressure from the public and Congress to leave the White House. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.history.com%2F.image%2Fc_limit%252Ccs_srgb%252Cfl_progressive%252Ch_1200%252Cq_auto%3Agood%252Cw_1200%2FMTU3ODc3NjU3MDE0NzczMDY1%2Fthis-day-in-history-08081974---nixon-resigns.jpg&t=1628422014&ymreqid=dd70aca1-167c-e3bb-1cbf-ed000101f700&sig=QbwI8.jsDN_4pqCqgH0ptg--~D

Another anniversary of Elvis's death has just passed us by. I was working in a shipyard when it happened and a friend told me about it. I thought he was BS'n me because he knew what a fan I was. Did know it was real until I saw a news box outside.

Anyhow just read this:

The official coroner's report lists "cardiac arrhythmia" as the cause of Presley's death, but this was later admitted to be a ruse entered into by the Presley family along with autopsy physicians to cover up the real cause of death, a cocktail of ten prescribed drugs, taken in doses no doctor would prescribe:

The painkillers Morphine and Demerol. Chloropheniramine, an antihistamine. The tranquilizers Placidyl and Vailum. Finally, four drugs were found in "significant" quantities: Codeine, an opiate, Ethinamate, largely prescribed at the time as a "sleeping pill," Quaaludes, and a barbituate, or depressant, that has never been identified.

Elvis' last words "Okay I won't"……(fall asleep in the bathroom)

It's a wonder he lasted as long as he did.

18 minutes ago, calguy said:

Another worthless post on a worthless thread. Are you competing with Teacher for longest running thread to see who lives the longest?

I'm been running thread this for 25 years at different message boards.

Below was posted in the Political World of Expecting Rain  (a Bob Dylan site) by Harmonica Albert. 

He was a megaultraliberal who followed me around and contradicted everything I said.

Why haven't moderators stepped up and put an end to such nonsense?

I encourage the adults here to shun/foe/avoid contact of any kind with someone who litters this site with indulgent trolling and ignorance.

One person of bad faith can ruin a site if others allow it, and that is precisely what has happened to this area of Expecting Rain.

Of course the MOD locked it...instead of telling the fruit cake just not to read it. Thats how narrow minded anti-free speech ultraliberals are.

You may find there under the name Still Mack.

Thank you and God / Nature bless.

“What a joy it must be to be a truly great writer, even if it means a shotgun at the end”. Charles Bukowski