smrose1990

Conservatives ONLY thread

If you're going to have a conservative thread, then put something conservative in it.

"I don't want to abolish government.

I simply want to reduce it to the size

where I can drag it into the bathroom

and drown it in the bathtub."

-- Grover Norquist --

If you're going to have a conservative thread, then put something conservative in it.

“A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.”

Barry M. Goldwater

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Barry M. Goldwater

“I am frankly sick and tired of the political preachers telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in A, B, C, and D. Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? ”

Barry M. Goldwater

“to disagree one doesnt have to be disagreeable”

Barry M. Goldwater

“Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed. Their mistaken course stems from false notions of equality, ladies and gentlemen. Equality, rightly understood, as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences. Wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Fellow Republicans, it is the cause of Republicanism to resist concentrations of power, private or public, which enforce such conformity and inflict such despotism. It is the cause of Republicanism to ensure that power remains in the hands of the people. ”

Barry M. Goldwater

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!”

Barry M. Goldwater

“I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism.”

Barry M. Goldwater

“Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and manipulates the credit of the United States”

Barry M. Goldwater

“‎"I feel certain that Conservatism is through unless Conservatives can demonstrate and communicate the difference between being concerned with [the unemployed, the sick without medical care, human welfare, etc.] and believing that the federal government is the proper agent for their solution.”

Barry M. Goldwater, The Conscience of a Conservative

“Sex and politics are a lot alike. You don't have to be good at them to enjoy them.”

Barry M. Goldwater

“I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' "interests," I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.”

Barry M. Goldwater

A Government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away”

Barry M. Goldwater

“Surely the first obligation of a political thinker is to understand the nature of man. The Conservative does not claim special powers of perception on this point, but he does claim a familiarity with the accumulated wisdom and experience of history, and he is not too proud to learn from the great minds of the past. The first thing he has learned about man is that each member of the species is a unique creature. Man’s most sacred possession is his individual soul—which has an immortal side, but also a mortal one. The mortal side establishes his absolute differentness from every other human being. Only a philosophy that takes into account the essential differences between men, and, accordingly, makes provision for developing the different potentialities of each man can claim to be in accord with Nature. We have heard much in our time about “the common man.” It is a concept that pays little attention to the history of a nation that grew great through the initiative and ambition of uncommon men. The Conservative knows that to regard man as part of an undifferentiated mass is to consign him to ultimate slavery.”

Barry M. Goldwater, Conscience of a Conservative

“[He]talks so fast that listening to him is like trying to read Playboy magazine with your wife turning the pages.”

Barry M. Goldwater

“as the public grows more and more cynical, the politician feels less and less compelled to take his promises seriously.”

Barry M. Goldwater, Conscience of a Conservative

Did you know that Hitlary Rotten Communist was a "Goldwater Girl"...?

Yep, imagine what vile, putrid, Stalinist maggot wriggled its way up b/t her legs... deep into that place down inside of her... where her soul would be if she still had one...

...for her to become a Lucifer Lovin' Alinsky Communist.

Rot in Hell, ...you poor, poor dear.

Let me be more clear on that rule: if common sense prevails, you're in. If not, you're a liberal.

so as a constitutionalist im in. Now let me add this little comment...not all dems are fools there are more than a few out in my neck of the woods that are old skool liberals that believe in the constitution and liberty. Unfortunately those dems are silenced and criticized by thier "own" the patriot movement is slowly infiltrating both parties give us time be patient we got this

What's a gold water girl?

You're done.

Head for the showers.

KJ

Yea, I know, tossing about racial slurs does not mean one is racist. Could just a rattling of the cage.

It's just... untoward, and well within the rules as stated by boss.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I want this thread clean and spiffy.

After all, we gots the whole rest of the site for that $h!t.

i second that motion.

we are all for small government. all of us can't wait until the wasteful and pointless spending stops. it would free up trillions of dollars a year and bring efficiency to the system.

however, we still need government to enforce some areas of society (like law enforcement). and i don't think the republican party (specifically Ron Paul since i followed his campaign closest) has a sufficient stance on this that would make Americans feel (specifically liberal conservatives or left-leaning undecideds) that an economically and financially sound "small government" would still ensure their freedom and liberty is being protected.

i think a lot of undecideds and left-leaning conservatives end up voting democrat because they don't trust small government will ensure their well being.

case in point:

every time incidences like this happen, there is a HUGE public outcry, and subsequent push to strengthen regulations in the private sector. we need to STOP these incidences before they become public outrage. once they are public outrage, there is little stopping more and more regulations.

so, my question to the conservative form: what regulations do you propose be implemented to PREVENT things like this from happening in the future?

(no regulation will never happen, so let's drop that stance right off the bat. we need simple and smart regulation that is easily implemented, easily managed, and poses a very small footprint on the path of free market.)

anybody?

What are the chances FNG native is dontknownothin SOK?

He has been AWOL as well...

his basement flooded, he will be back as soon as fema gets wifi to his new trailer

This is great its always interesting to see how conservatives view thier ideology

first - thank you, smrose and warden and teacher. great idea (hopefully it becomes it's own contained room one day.)

i'd like to start a specific topic (since i don't think any real issues have been brought up yet)...

we are all for small government. all of us can't wait until the wasteful and pointless spending stops. it would free up trillions of dollars a year and bring efficiency to the system.

however, we still need government to enforce some areas of society (like law enforcement). and i don't think the republican party (specifically Ron Paul since i followed his campaign closest) has a sufficient stance on this that would make Americans feel (specifically liberal conservatives or left-leaning undecideds) that an economically and financially sound "small government" would still ensure their freedom and liberty is being protected.

i think a lot of undecideds and left-leaning conservatives end up voting democrat because they don't trust small government will ensure their well being.

case in point:

every time incidences like this happen, there is a HUGE public outcry, and subsequent push to strengthen regulations in the private sector. we need to STOP these incidences before they become public outrage. once they are public outrage, there is little stopping more and more regulations.

so, my question to the conservative form: what regulations do you propose be implemented to PREVENT things like this from happening in the future?

(no regulation will never happen, so let's drop that stance right off the bat. we need simple and smart regulation that is easily implemented, easily managed, and poses a very small footprint on the path of free market.)

First of all, corporations are not people ... so that would have to be changed.

Then corporate officers can be made responsible by law for any slip-ups in delivering a secure product.

Individuals w/ felonious knowledge should be charged accordingly and the officers fined severely.

This will be more effective after outlawing pensions for everyone but the military.

Everything will be more effective after outlawing congressional pensions.

puppy-costume-02-400x312.jpg

KJ

Yea, I know, tossing about racial slurs does not mean one is racist. Could just be a rattling of the cage.

It's just... untoward, and well within the rules as stated by boss.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I want this thread clean and spiffy.

After all, we gots the whole rest of the site for that $h!t.

"Within" should read "outside of."

-

It's a first, I didn't have to make anyone gay or delete Jack.

First of all, corporations are not people ... so that would have to be changed.

Then corporate officers can be made responsible by law for any slip-ups in delivering a secure product.

i agree with the threat of imprisonment. without imprisonment, doing things like like could actually be profitable. if there were only a few small fines to be made, there could actually incentive for corporations to continue with practices like this (as long as profits made > fines paid).

i agree that individuals should be held accountable. for this "offence" (that resulted in 4000 people dying (1000 more than on 9/11)) nobody in the US went to jail.

(stories like this scare "undecideds" from voting conservative.)

It's a first, I didn't have to make anyone gay or delete Jack.

exactly how do you make some gay, teach?? is there a lot of "hard" work involved? could you apply it to JTZilla for just a day?

exactly how do you make some gay, teach??

It's very easy. Post us here in this thread a throw away post. I'll show you how it's done. Maybe if you just post "I'm gay" that would be much more easier on me.

First of all, corporations are not people ...

Fine.

Then.

Then don't tax the corporations. Tax their people, tax the CEOs income, tax the mail room worker's income, tax, tax, tax.

But if you tax the corporation...

What was one of, if not the biggest fledgling colonies' beefs against England?

No taxation without representation.

This is very simple...

if you tax the corporation then the corporation has to have representation.

Slam dunk.

Any questions?

Fine.

Then.

Then don't tax the corporations. Tax their people, tax the CEOs income, tax the mail room worker's income, tax, tax, tax.

But if you tax the corporation...

What was one of, if not the biggest fledgling colonies' beefs against England?

No taxation without representation.

This is very simple...

Slam dunk.

Any questions?

if they're people... then maybe "BAYER AG" should do prison time in cases like this? Gracie killed how many?

if they're people... then maybe "BAYER AG" should do prison time in cases like this? Gracie killed how many?

I was having a problem with the "corporations are not people" and yet they are still taxed part of it.

I've zero problem with this...

Please to be more specific, or tell me where I should be.

Slam dunk.

Any questions?

I 100% agree , and libs should really consider this when they bring up this ignorant topic

... exactly how do you make some gay ...?

Like this:

I am totally gay
See? No mirrors or smoke needed.

datastrain, on 16 May 2015 - 7:53 PM, said:snapback.png

... exactly how do you make some gay ...?

you can't make someone gay. we're born this way.

i know... i was just asking a question. touchie touchie...

“to disagree one doesnt have to be disagreeable”

this is my favorite of your lot, i think.

i was going to ask the question to the thread : "why are replies to most topics so one sided and crude? is this a reflection of politics in America?" but then i realized the answers i would get would be "because liberals are stupid" or the such.

but i'll ask it anyway. let's assume that all Liberals are stupid and gay trolls and over-reactionary, etc, and get to unbiased good points.