Mr. Shaman

News, From The Civilized World!!

February 24, 2016 - "A federal court judge in Vancouver on Wednesday ruled that medical marijuana patients have the Constitutional right to grow their own cannabis, striking down a ban introduced by Canada's previous Conservative government.

The court suspended its decision for six months to give Ottawa time to respond.

A group of British Columbia residents took Canada to court in 2013, arguing a new law requiring medical marijuana patients to buy their cannabis from licensed producers, instead of growing their own, was unconstitutional.

They said marijuana grown under the government system was too expensive and did not allow them to control the strains and dosages of their treatment.

The government, which overhauled its medical marijuana program in 2013, argued that its mail order system was safer for both the patient and other Canadians, who could be negatively impacted by unsafe home grow-ops." groan.gif

http://www.reuters.com/article/canada-marijuana-medical-idUSL2N1631MG

February 26, 2016 - "The Australian Parliament has set the stage for the nation’s states to follow their American counterparts when it comes to medical marijuana, by approving a legalization bill this week that allows for widespread MMJ cultivation, sale and use.

The next step, according to the Inquisitr, is for Australia’s individual states to legalize MMJ. The federal government meanwhile will begin a rulemaking and licensing process through the Therapeutic Goods Administration, which will use a separate advisory committee to create a new agency to oversee MMJ rules for the entire country.

It will likely be another six months before MMJ growers and dispensaries will be able to begin applying for licenses under the Therapeutic Goods Act, the Inquisitr reported.

There will be two types of licenses, according to the provisions of the bill: one for cultivation and one for MMJ production. Businesses will be able to obtain both types of licenses."

https://mjbizdaily.com/australia-legalizes-medical-cannabis/

first-winner-speed-checkered-flag.jpg

March 24, 2016 - "The first country to legalize adult use marijuana could begin sales as early as this Summer.

The government of Uruguay took another step this month towards regulating its recreational cannabis market, opening its registry for pharmacists applying to sell marijuana legally, according to The Guardian. Legal sales are expected to start in the second half of this year.

Uruguay’s government legalized marijuana there in 2013. Under the program, there are two state-approved cultivators who will be allowed to grow three government approved strains of cannabis that will be sold through the nation’s pharmacies.

The small nation of 3.3 million people is expected to have a customer base of about 160,000 according to some estimates.

To be able to sell cannabis, pharmacies must have fingerprint recognition software to identify consumers, as well as wall-mounted safety boxes to protect the maximum two kilos of marijuana each pharmacy will be allowed to maintain in stock. The price is expected to be about $1 per gram, and consumers will be allowed to buy up to 10 grams (.36 ounces) per week.

Home growing is also allowed, up to six plants, while members of “cannabis clubs” are allowed to grow larger amounts, but not sell it."

http://mjbizdaily.com/uruguay-to-begin-rec-sales-this-summer/

April 3, 2016 - "Thousands attended a pro-choice rally outside parliament in Warsaw on Sunday after the powerful leader of Poland's ruling party backed a call by Polish Catholic bishops for a full ban on pregnancy terminations.

Poland already has one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the European Union. Official statistics show only several hundred abortions are performed every year, but pro-choice campaigners say underground abortions are very common.

The debate around reproductive rights has been building up for months. The conservative Law and Justice (PiS) party, which came to power in October, plans to tighten regulations to bring them into line with the Catholic Church's teachings, infuriating liberals and women's rights activists.

Chanting "keep your hands off the uterus" and "my body, my business," the protesters waved wire coat hangers, a crude pregnancy termination tool widely seen as a grim symbol of the abortion underground.
"Even Iran's abortion laws are more liberal than this proposal, that's why we must protest," said Marta Nowak, one the protesters at the rally, which was organized via social media by the left-wing Together party."

April 12, 2016 - "A Canadian health insurance firm has agreed to cover medical cannabis for a university student who uses the drug to help with severe headaches.

The development is a small step for the legitimacy of medical marijuana in the world of health insurance and could convince other firms in Canada – and perhaps even the U.S. – to consider covering cannabis.

If that happens, more patients will sign up for medical marijuana programs, thereby increasing the market for cannabis businesses.

Jonathan Zaid, a student at the University of Waterloo and executive director of Canadians for Fair Access to Medical Marijuana, lobbied to get his medical cannabis costs covered under his college’s health plan, according to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

Zaid was turned down, so he then put his request to his university’s student union, which administers the plan.

He backed up his arguments by presenting information on medical cannabis provided via the licensed Canadian MMJ producer Bedrocan, according to the Huffington Post.

After eight months of discussions, the student union and the insurance provider – Sun Life – agreed that Zaid’s medical cannabis costs should indeed be covered."

http://mjbizdaily.com/canadian-health-insurance-covers-patients-cannabis/

April 14, 2016 - "Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeaus new administration may be taking a quicker approach to legalizing recreational cannabis nationwide, than previously thought.

The country’s minister of public safety told the Canadian broadcaster CBC that officials will soon create a task force comprised of representatives from the federal, provincial and municipal governments to discuss legalization.

“We’ll have a detailed announcement (on the task force) coming in the next several weeks,” the minister, Ralph Goodale, said.

Noel Atkinson, a research analyst at Clarus Securities in Canada, told the firm’s clients in a note that the comments are a sign “the federal government intends to move forward quickly with legalization of recreational marijuana,” according to Cantech Letter."

http://mjbizdaily.com/canada-may-be-fast-tracking-recreational-marijuana-legalization/

April 9, 2016 - "Mexicos presidentuntil now a vocal opponent of drug legalization – has reversed course, saying he is open to legalizing medical marijuana in Mexico and that his government will unveil new steps soon.

“I am giving voice to those who have (in public forums) expressed the necessity of changing the regulatory framework to authorize the use of marijuana for medical and scientific purposes,” President Enrique Pena Nieto told the United Nations Tuesday, Reuters reported.

Pena Nieto also said he would increase the amount of marijuana people could legally possess for personal use.

The Mexican president was participating in a special UN session focused on the global battle against drugs.

Public support for legalizing medical marijuana in Mexico has been growing following a supreme court ruling last fall that gave four people the green light to grow cannabis at home."

https://mjbizdaily.com/mexico-president-now-open-to-legalizing-medical-marijuana/

April 20, 2016 - "Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will make good on his promise to legalize recreational marijuana in Canada, but not for at least another year, his health minister announced Wednesday.

The Canadian market potentially could provide enormous opportunities for U.S. cannabis companies and fuel legalization efforts abroad.

“We will introduce legislation in spring 2017 that ensures we keep marijuana out of the hands of children and profits out of the hands of criminals,” Canadian Health Minister Jane Philpott told a special session of the United Nations focused on combating drugs, according to the Canadian broadcaster CBC.

At the same time, the Canadian government’s point man on legalization legislation, Bill Blair, told reporters in New York, “We’re looking at regulations with respect to production, distribution, the retail and consumption of marijuana and we want to make sure that it’s based on the best advice from experts.”

If the legislation ultimately is approved, Canada would likely become the first major world power to fully legalize cannabis."

https://mjbizdaily.com/canada-rec-marijuana-legalization-bill-coming-spring-2017/

April 21, 2016 - "The administration of the cannabinoids THC and CBD limit cancer activity in neuroblastoma cells in culture and in animals, according to preclinical data published in the journal Current Oncology. Neuroblastoma is an aggressive form of childhood cancer that often goes inadequately addressed by conventional treatment.

Investigators reported that both types of cannabinoids reduced neuroblastoma cell viability, but that CBD demonstrated superior anti-cancer ability. The study is the first to document the anti-cancer properties of CBD in this particular cancerous cell line.

They concluded, "Our findings about the activity of CBD in nbl (neuroblastoma) support and extend previous findings about the anti-tumor activities of CBD in other tumors and suggest that cannabis extracts enriched in CBD and not in THC could be suitable for the development of novel non-psychotropic therapeutic strategies in nbl."

Preclinical data dating back over four decades has consistently documented the ability of various cannabinoids to halt the spread of cancerous cells in laboratory settings."

http://norml.org/news

May 4, 2016 - "Germany is the latest country to advance some form of cannabis legalization. Canada and Uruguay are close to having recreational marijuana markets, while Australia, Croatia and Macedonia have all adopted legalized medical marijuana laws in the past year. Mexico’s president last month proposed legalizing MMJ."

http://mjbizdaily.com/germany-close-to-legalizing-medical-marijuana/

May 9, 2016 - "On Sunday, for a brief, shining moment, renewable power output in Germany reached 90 percent of the country’s total electricity demand.

That’s a big deal. On May 8th, at 11 a.m. local time, the total output of German solar, wind, hydropower, and biomass reached 55 gigawatts (GW), just short of the 58 GW consumed by every light bulb, washing machine, water heater and personal computer humming away on Sunday morning. See the graph below, courtesy Agora Energiewende, a German clean energy think tank."

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2016/05/09/3776629/germany-renewable-generation/

June 9, 2016 - "For the first time, carbon dioxide emissions from an electric power plant have been captured, pumped underground and solidified—the first step toward safe carbon capture and storage, according to a paper published Thursday in the journal Science.

“This opens another door for getting rid of carbon dioxide or storing carbon dioxide in the subsurface that really wasn’t seen as a serious alternative in the past,” said study co-author Martin Stute, a hydrologist at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University in New York.

Scientists working at the Hellisheidi geothermal power plant near Reykjavik, Iceland, were able to pump the plant’s carbon dioxide-rich volcanic gases into deep underground basalt formations, mix them with water and chemically solidify the carbon dioxide.

When basalt—a volcanic rock that makes up roughly 70 percent of the earth’s surface—is exposed to carbon dioxide and water, a chemical reaction occurs, converting the gas to a chalk-like solid material. Scientists previously thought it wasn’t possible to capture and store carbon this way because earlier studies suggested it could take thousands of years for large amounts of carbon dioxide to be converted to chalk.

Scientists, working on a project called CarbFix, were able to do it in two years.

“The big surprise is that these reactions happen so quicklyeven on an engineering project timescale,” Stute said."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-turn-carbon-dioxide-emissions-into-stone/

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6291/1312.full?utm_source=sciencemagazine&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=6291issue-4933

Memo (To "conservatives"): There is no evidence of Evil Spirits being employed, throughout this process.

July 6, 2016 - "The Jamaican government is considering installing kiosks at airport arrival halls and seaports for tourists to get a license to buy and consume up to two ounces of marijuana during their stay on the island.

The possible move is aimed at capitalizing on the nation’s cannabis and tourism industries. The kiosks would mainly be for medical marijuana users, The Gleaner newspaper of Jamaica reported.

They would represent a novel retail approach in a country that only recently started reforming its marijuana laws.

In April, Jamaica implemented new laws that allow tourists with MMJ cards to obtain health ministry permits that allow them to buy and consume cannabis, the Associated Press reported.

But non-medical marijuana card holders could also buy permits to consume marijuana, according to the chairman of the country’s recently created Cannabis Licensing Authority, Hyacinth Lightbourne, who told The Gleaner that tourists who don’t have MMJ cards would be able to “self-declare” to get the permits."

http://mjbizdaily.com/jamaica-mulling-airport-kiosks-for-marijuana-use-licenses/

July 19, 2016 - "A team of physicists in the Netherlands have developed a storage device composed of chlorine atoms on a tiny metal surface that could one day be scaled up to hold about 10 terabytes of data on a 1cm square space.

Delft University of Technology (DUT) physicist Sander Otte and his team developed a 1-kilobyte storage device by arranging chlorine atoms in a series of terrace-like square grids on a copper surface.

The key to the device is the ability to move atoms around a surface. Researchers demonstrated in the 1990s that an instrument called a scanning tunnelling microscope could be used to move xenon atoms from its tip to a single-crystal nickel surface."

http://www.zdnet.com/article/this-tiny-storage-breakthrough-could-hold-10-terabytes-of-data-in-one-square-centimetre/

forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

.....And, in the U.S......we're talking about recreating The Berlin Wall on our southern-border.

Its interesting that while the u.s government was fighting the war on drugs in the 90's they were also busy getting a patent for " CBD " the part of cannabis plant that has the most interest from researchers as being a game changer in the treatment of cancer , mental illness and many other health issues.

Its interesting that while the u.s government was fighting the war on drugs in the 90's they were also busy getting a patent for " CBD " the part of cannabis plant that has the most interest from researchers as being a game changer in the treatment of cancer , mental illness and many other health issues.

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/topic/173922-marijuana-usa/?hl=marijuana

When cannabis is fully legal we have the potential, to rid society of the evils of opioid addiction no matter the color of skin , religion or political leanings we all are suffering from opioid addiction in our own commuities we lost 800 people in my province last year to fentanyl alone .