Supposn

Can the Fair tax ever be passed and enacted?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Hayek#Hayek.27s_views_on_dictatorship

he is the austrian school you idiots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_School

General criticisms[edit]

Mainstream economists have argued that Austrians are often averse to the use of mathematics and statistics in economics.[71]

Economist Bryan Caplan argues that many Austrians have not understood valid contributions of modern mainstream economics, causing them to overstate their differences with it. For example, Murray Rothbard stated that he objected to the use of cardinal utility in microeconomic theory. Caplan says that Rothbard did not understand the position he was attacking, because microeconomic theorists go to great pains to show that their results are derived for any monotonic transformation of an ordinal utility function, and do not entail cardinal utility.[59][72] The result is that conclusions about utility preferences hold no matter what values are assigned to them.[citation needed]

why does the republican party embrace the ONE school that hates economic math?

because that math proves they are fucking idiots

Milton Friedman isn't Austrian school you idiot.

And you have no idea what this 'they don't understand math' critique is even about. There is ZERO chance you could explain it in your own words.

Can the Fair tax ever be passed and enacted?

Thats a stupid question...

if the fair tax was passed... why wouldnt it be enacted ?

duh...

the fact is... they wont end the irs or income taxes or the unaffordableTAX penalties...

they will just add a new VAT, national sales tax or whatever you want to call it.

leftist loons love taxes

they dont think we are taxed enough

here in calif after already paying the highest gas taxes, the leftistloons added a new gas tax.

tell me one tax a leftistloon ever ended or lowered...

ps... why didnt obola balance the budget the same way clinton claimed he did...?

run out of smoke and mirrors ?

or because newt isnt speaker...

My background is Engineering; primarily Mechanical.

I'm a big fan o' "Simpler is better." The more complexity you build-into whatever....the more chance there is, of having something blow-up, in your face.

In the case o' taxes....complexity makes it more-difficult to recognize....let alone, catch.....the people who are continually looking to "get over, on" everyone else. It always has seemed like....significant-income has a way of "greasing" your pathway.

It's been said....a flat-tax (at a number o' rates, I've heard...10%, 13% etc.).....on ALL income; direct and indirect (dividends payed-out)....would MORE-than-cover our expenses. You're taxed, and that's it; no paperwork, at the end o' the year!

If those numbers could be PROVEN....clearly....to everyone....Hell, VOTE ON IT!....why NOT?

Mr. Shaman, I’m a populist and I’ve been more or less a minor techie during my entire life.

Income taxes are not levied directly upon wealth or gross revenues; they are levied upon net incomes. I too am a proponent of “keep it simple stupid”, (aka KISS).

Other than incomes entirely derived from “on the books” employment, determining net annual incomes are not simple; but rather more or less of greater complex.ity than the determination of purchasers’ gross spending for items subject to a general sales tax.

Sales taxes of vendors serving as government’s tax collecting agencies are significantly more readily and less costly to police and for both individual and corporate taxpayers and their governments they are less costly and simpler to administrate.

Refer to the thread http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/topic/174042-a-flat-general-sales-tax-is-less-regressive-than-a-flat-income-tax/ .

Respectfully, Supposn

Ewince isn't Austrian, she's more like French ... mixed in w/ Rottweiler

580x550xPJ-Boy-Again-copy-600x569.jpg.pa

KJ

Friedman's my man

Our government budget is $4.2 trillion this year. If the right's goal is to starve the government they are failing miserably.

Friedman was a very talented mathematician. He also know production was very important.

Starving the gov't IS what is needed.

Those that say the FairTax won't bring in enough need to understand just what necessities are enough.

ShowProofashx.png

KJ

The only fair tax would be a national sales tax and no other taxes.

The FairTax IS a national sales tax.

"Fair tax" is a VAT - VALUE ADDED TAX AT EVERY LEVEL. POOR & MIDDLE CLASS WOULD PAY MORE OF THEIR INCOME IN TAXES than they do now. SALES TAXES SUCK!

The Fair Tax assumes that the poor are spending every single stinkin dollar on living therefor the Fair Tax gives back, monthly, 23% of all the poor's income.

In the end, the poor would spend zero in taxes which is less than they do now.

But you bedwetters don't like that cause the Fair Tax takes so much of the IRS, Mother government, outta the game and then you lose control. You liberals scream about this and that for the poor, but when an idea you didn't come up with actually helps the poor you want nuttin to do with it.

Fu(kin hypocrites.

• Upvote 1

The Fair Tax assumes that the poor are spending every single stinkin dollar on living therefor the Fair Tax gives back, monthly, 23% of all the poor's income.

In the end, the poor would spend zero in taxes which is less than they do now.

But you bedwetters don't like that cause the Fair Tax takes so much of the IRS, Mother government, outta the game and then you lose control. You liberals scream about this and that for the poor, but when an idea you didn't come up with actually helps the poor you want nuttin to do with it.

Fu(kin hypocrites.

well said and it would actually solve alot of problems, like no tax returns

"Fair tax" is a VAT - VALUE ADDED TAX AT EVERY LEVEL. POOR & MIDDLE CLASS WOULD PAY MORE OF THEIR INCOME IN TAXES than they do now. SALES TAXES SUCK!

No, the FairTax is NOT a VAT tax.

It is on original retail sales.

A VAT tax is a tax that applies everytime material changes hands.

When you don't tax the tree for being cut down, the baseball bat costs less.

If the loggers are on contract, they get paid and collect taxes for their service.

If the loggers are in house, then there is no sales tax - for employees doing their jobs.

Only tax retail sales of material and services.

And no write offs for businesses to contract out.

It's true that the uber-rich will only pay when they buy something, but it is their money ... and w/o the gov't coveting it, they will be bigger spenders.

Some say we will need a 40% rate to cover our current bad policies of welfare bennies and institutional largess.

That may be true.

It won't be true for long - hahahaaaaaa.

Maybe that's just what we need to get our house back in order.

covet-i2654.jpg

KJ

A VAT tax is a tax that applies everytime material changes hands.

Imbedded tax. Mother government takes her take at every transaction.

The Fair Tax is only collected at the retail level. (Yes, I was wrong about this in one(1) post in the horse thread long ago, no one caught it, I just now corrected it.)

Man, knee jerk, I was on a roll far as ending threads goes.

Gonna count this one anyway as you didn't refute me.