Supposn

Can the Fair tax ever be passed and enacted?

I’m a proponent of the Fair tax but I do not believe it’s politically or economically practical to replace our entire taxes on net incomes with a sales tax.
It would be financially imprudent and politically less feasible and may be impossible to pass a bill transferring our entire federal taxes upon net incomes to a sales tax in a single step. I’m continuously told that Fair tax proponents would not support a fair tax bill to be passed and enacted as other than to be accomplished in a single step; the consequences of retaining such a position is the Fair tax bill will never be attempted on a federal level.

Each incremental step for the enactment of the Fair tax should simultaneously:
(1) Reduce individual and corporate regular income tax rates upon all income brackets by a uniform portion of net taxable incomes (rather than reductions of taxes themselves).

(2) Increase the federal general sales tax rate.
(3) Increase the provisions to compensate low income purchasers for the increased sales taxes.

I expect that after one of the incremental steps, we’d have a federal sales tax approaching an unacceptable tax rate and transfers of the revenue sources would be discontinued.

If I’m correct we’ll have a hybrid federal tax system. Everyone will pay sales taxes; only higher income earners will pay taxes upon their net incomes.

If I’m wrong, federal income taxes could be entirely eliminated.

Respectfully, Supposn

• Upvote 1

The repeal of the 16th amdt. is what should be on the table.

Congress can gin up any ol' scheme they want after that.

They might even go for wealth tax (another involuntary and un-american idea).

Adding a federal sales tax to the welfare state now will just pile more on the morons.

The FairTax Plan was designed around a '90's size gov't.

The shift over would need to be complete w/ only a single year to execute.

Congress can still adjust rates on any class of product as they can now (tobacco).

As long as it's nationwide they can 'help' us consume w/in their desires.

I want very badly to end the IRS, the Federal Reserve banking cartel and our guaranteed bailing out of the World Bank.

I do support the FairTax but would not approve of a common federal sales tax w/o it.

The-man-that-controlls_.gif

KJ

The repeal of the 16th amdt. is what should be on the table.

Congress can gin up any ol' scheme they want after that.

They might even go for wealth tax (another involuntary and un-american idea).

Adding a federal sales tax to the welfare state now will just pile more on the morons.

The FairTax Plan was designed around a '90's size gov't.

The shift over would need to be complete w/ only a single year to execute.

Congress can still adjust rates on any class of product as they can now (tobacco).

As long as it's nationwide they can 'help' us consume w/in their desires.

I want very badly to end the IRS, the Federal Reserve banking cartel and our guaranteed bailing out of the World Bank.

I do support the FairTax but would not approve of a common federal sales tax w/o it.

KJ

Knee Jerk, The federal income taxes are our primary sources of tax revenue. It is not feasible to repeal the 16th amendment before federal income taxes are entirely eliminated.

It‘s imprudent and impractical to replace our entire income tax systems in a single step. I strongly doubt that the U.S. Congress would or should ever pass an act that would accomplish the entire replacement within a single enacting step.

I believe we will go to Mars but we will not attempt enacting anything similar to the Fair-tax proposal within a single year’s duration.

(1) Reduce individual and corporate regular income tax rates upon all income brackets by a uniform portion of net taxable incomes (rather than reductions of taxes themselves).

(3) Increase federal laws and regulations to compensate low income purchasers for the increased sales taxes.

I don’t know if any new or modified federal laws or regulations that could reasonably compensate the unemployed or working poor, (i.e. populist legislation) could be to your satisfaction.

The dream of eliminating the IRS can only become reality if the IRS would be replaced with other bureaucracy to administer and enforce federal tax laws and regulations. Regardless of names or titles, some people will have to perform IRS's tasks for us.

Respectfully, Supposn

Knee Jerk, The federal income taxes are our primary sources of tax revenue. It is not feasible to repeal the 16th amendment before federal income taxes are entirely eliminated.

It‘s imprudent and impractical to replace our entire income tax systems in a single step. I strongly doubt that the U.S. Congress would or should ever pass an act that would accomplish the entire replacement within a single enacting step.

I believe we will go to Mars but we will not attempt enacting anything similar to the Fair-tax proposal within a single year’s duration.

(3) Increase federal laws and regulations to compensate low income purchasers for the increased sales taxes.

I don’t know if any new or modified federal laws or regulations that could reasonably compensate the unemployed or working poor, (i.e. populist legislation) could be to your satisfaction.

The dream of eliminating the IRS can only become reality if the IRS would be replaced with other bureaucracy to administer and enforce federal tax laws and regulations. Regardless of names or titles, some people will have to perform IRS's tasks for us.

Respectfully, Supposn

It's entirely feasible.

If it's done through congress, then it goes out to the states for ratification, and 'normal' conditions SHOULD remain until ratified.

No general federal sales tax SHOULD be enacted as that is just a ploy taking advantage if it is never ratified.

And THEN where would we be.

Or ... if it's done through a constitutional convention, The Convention of States, then it doesn't need further ratification - I think.

Either way, the proposal should be for a sunset period of a full two year congressional term after ratification for the states to get prepared and for the congress to fine tune the incoming rate structure.

The markets and the world will also have two years to adapt so when it finally happens it should be no big deal.

As for unemployment insurance etc., that should be the function of the employer.

They still have business books and employee-legal-standing requirements to maintain.

They know how much you worked and these 'practicalities' will be whatever the gov't decides to 'charge' them

That will simply be a business expense, like employee insurance already is..

Your common paycheck will be yours.

The IRS will still exist, riding herd over business's making sure they pay up and screening for tariff's etc.

The common working 'man' won't have a thing to do w/ them.

Again, I will be on the street corner all day w/ my FairTax sign this year.

productimage-picture-income-tax-withhold

KJ

Fair tax, flat tax, which ever you want. I'll support it.

Fallopian, general sales taxes are (rarely if ever anything other than) flat rated taxes.

Refer to the thread entitled A flat general sales tax is less regressive than a flat income tax,

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/topic/174037-a-flat-general-sales-tax-is-less-regressive-than-a-flat-income-tax/ .

Respectfully, Supposn

(3) Increase the provisions to compensate low income purchasers for the increased sales taxes.

My background is Engineering; primarily Mechanical.

I'm a big fan o' "Simpler is better." The more complexity you build-into whatever....the more chance there is, of having something blow-up, in your face.

In the case o' taxes....complexity makes it more-difficult to recognize....let alone, catch.....the people who are continually looking to "get over, on" everyone else. It always has seemed like....significant-income has a way of "greasing" your pathway.

It's been said....a flat-tax (at a number o' rates, I've heard...10%, 13% etc.).....on ALL income; direct and indirect (dividends payed-out)....would MORE-than-cover our expenses. You're taxed, and that's it; no paperwork, at the end o' the year!

If those numbers could be PROVEN....clearly....to everyone....Hell, VOTE ON IT!....why NOT?

I've gotta get-back to what I was doing.

0_61_320x240_smoking_joint.jpg

I get a little-too-wordy, when I'm trying to do two things, at once.

The FairTax is way more simple and it doesn't punish success.

Get the gov't out of the business of being in business w/ everybody.

No cheating w/ offshore accounts or being paid under the table or illegal alien or you had a good trip to Vegas.

You buy something ... it's done.

As for unemployment insurance etc., that should be the function of the employer.

They still have business books and employee-legal-standing requirements to maintain.

They know how much you worked and these 'practicalities' will be whatever the gov't decides to 'charge' them

That will simply be a business expense, like employee insurance already is..

Your common paycheck will be yours.

The IRS will still exist, riding herd over business's making sure they pay up and screening for tariff's etc.

The common working 'man' won't have a thing to do w/ them.

Again, I will be on the street corner all day w/ my FairTax sign this year.

productimage-picture-the-constitution-wa

KJ

While there is not Congressional term limits, no.

Fair Tax comes second. Right after term limits.

I'm repeating myself, again.

I'm repeating myself, again.

I’m a proponent of the Fair tax but I do not believe it’s politically or economically practical to replace our entire taxes on net incomes with a sales tax.

It would be financially imprudent and politically less feasible and may be impossible to pass a bill transferring our entire federal taxes upon net incomes to a sales tax in a single step. I’m continuously told that Fair tax proponents would not support a fair tax bill to be passed and enacted as other than to be accomplished in a single step; the consequences of retaining such a position is the Fair tax bill will never be attempted on a federal level.

I expect that after one of the incremental steps, we’d have a federal sales tax approaching an unacceptable tax rate and transfers of the revenue sources would be discontinued.

If I’m correct we’ll have a hybrid federal tax system. Everyone will pay sales taxes; only higher income earners will pay taxes upon their net incomes.

If I’m wrong, federal income taxes could be entirely eliminated.

Respectfully, Supposn

Sales taxes shift the tax BURDEN to the poor while letting the VERY rich SKATE EVEN MORE.

We need MORE tax brackets for the VERY rich who now skate w/a FLAT tax top rate the same as the BARELY rich of $464,851. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-brackets.aspx

Support a RETURN to PROGRESSIVE TAXATION for the VERY rich when we were paying DOWN DEBT & LANDING MEN ON THE MOON as the MOST PROSPEROUS NATION ON THIS PLANET EVER!

No income taxes for any married couple/family with a net income of less than $40,000.00 (after all deductions);

5% for over $40,000.00/year (after all deductions) [leaving $38 thousand (after all deductions) for the year];

10% for over $80,000.00/year (after all deductions);

12% for over $100,000.00/year (after all deductions);

15% for over $200,000.00/year (after all deductions);

20% for over $300,000.00/year (after all deductions);

25% for over $500,000.00/year (after all deductions);

27% for over $800,000.00/year (after all deductions);

30% for over $1,000,000.00/year (after all deductions);

33% for over $2,000,000.00/year (after all deductions);

35% for over $3,000,000.00/year (after all deductions);

38% for over $5,000,000.00/year (after all deductions);

40% for over $10,000,000.00/year (after all deductions);

42% for over $25,000,000.00/year (after all deductions);

45% for over $50,000,000.00/year (after all deductions);

47% for over $100,000,000.00/year (after all deductions);

49% for over $1BILLION/year [leaving more than $600 million (after all deductions, INCLUDING ALL OTHER TAXES) for the year].

http://supratruth.newsvine.com/_news/2011/01/17/5864039-a-proposal-for-real-tax-reform

CCVswwwUwAAdL6Y.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCVswwwUwAAdL6Y.jpg

no. not with this totalitarian government. the "fair tax' would make the IRS obsolete. the IRS is basically the national police force

to rob and extort the middle and working classes.

no. not with this totalitarian government. the "fair tax' would make the IRS obsolete. the IRS is basically the national police force

to rob and extort the middle and working classes.

The "fair tax" is anything BUT fair, as it shifts the tax BURDEN to the poor. ALL SALES taxes steal bigger portions of the middle class & poor incomes than they do the the rich & VERY rich.

The "fair tax" is anything BUT fair, as it shifts the tax BURDEN to the poor. ALL SALES taxes steal bigger portions of the middle class & poor incomes than they do the the rich & VERY rich.

no it doesn't. the working class get robbed every paycheck thru income taxes. the fair tax would eliminate the income tax.

the rich would be taxed more. the rich buy more. only a total gov-dupe moron would be against the fair tax.

these right wing idiots will buy anything their masters try to sell them

no it doesn't. the working class get robbed every paycheck thru income taxes. the fair tax would eliminate the income tax.

the rich would be taxed more. the rich buy more. only a total gov-dupe moron would be against the fair tax.

"Fair tax" is a VAT - VALUE ADDED TAX AT EVERY LEVEL. POOR & MIDDLE CLASS WOULD PAY MORE OF THEIR INCOME IN TAXES than they do now. SALES TAXES SUCK!

not to mention they would NEVER be at a level that could FUND this country

the right want this country defunded because they don't like the PEOPLE having that much power over the wealthy.

everything they tout says it plainly.

its why they have to LIE about their intentions all the time

How so, use for an example a "poor" person who works a full time making $10 per hour, he or she is single with no dependents. You're also welcome to use a rich guy who is single, doesn't really have a job, investment income only, makes around $2 million per year (I use this example because I know a guy just like this), he's single also with no dependents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predicted_effects_of_the_FairTax#Economic_effects

look at who touts this idea?

CATO fucks are the economics they use to say "it would be great"

the people who say it wont be so great are places like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Retail_Federation

The National Retail Federation (NRF) is the world's largest retail trade association.[1] Its members include department store, specialty, discount, catalog, Internet, and independent retailers, chain restaurants, and grocery stores. Members also include businesses that provide goods and services to retailers, such as vendors and technology providers. NRF represents an industry that contains over 1.6 million U.S. retail establishments with more than 24 million employees and (2005) sales of $4.4 trillion. NRF is also an umbrella group that represents more than 100 associations of state, national and international retailers

Its Austrian short bus school fucking crap to distract the idiots on the right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cato_Institute

CATO is Koch brothers austrian crap too incase you were so uninformed you didn't know that already

it would not be enough to fund our government you idiots

According to whom, I've read that the 23% rate may indeed prove to be a little high but it could be adjusted or the excess used to fund other projects. One thing that kills me is that so many politicians like Pelosi will attack the idea of a FairTax but if you mention a VAT tax along with the current clusterphuck we now have in place she's all for that, just as many if not most Democrat reps. Wouldn't a VAT tax along with the current taxation system also hurt the poor?

according to the real economists and not the fucking short bus school you adhere to

this is yet more TRASH to confuse the idiot right wing voters

according to the real economists and not the fucking short bus school you adhere to

this is yet more TRASH to confuse the idiot right wing voters

I get such a kick out of hearing "idiot right wing voters", fact is your party couldn't exist without all the uneducated, uninformed dumbphucks and you damn well know it.