Mr. Shaman

Marijuana U.S.A.!!!

It's ONLY been (nearly) 80 years, since Pot was (first) made illegal, and.....ALREADY, they want to start doing the actual-research, on it??!!!

Screaming_Woman.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/opinions/medical-marijuana-revolution-sanjay-gupta/index.html

Actually like 100 years. Weed got caught up in the Harrison Act ( 1914 ). I have a 1913 Park - Davis pharmaceutical catalogue. Weed was $.50 a pound.

• Grandma Lula had an enormous herb garden - folk remedies; and I know she grew it for migraine treatments - menstrual cramps. Never really though much about it. I think she made teas.

I do remember a lot of musicians at the house.

Actually like 100 years. Weed got caught up in the Harrison Act ( 1914 ). I have a 1913 Park - Davis pharmaceutical catalogue.

Try, again.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Narcotics_Tax_Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marihuana_Tax_Act_of_1937

Good ol' El Paso was (actually) FIRST outta-the-gate.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09-IFEQRGWc

Right, the tax act; but when the smoke ( excuse the pun ) cleared, anyone involved with weed was subject to human misery.

Fines - jail time, etc.

Not surprised you can't answer a question but you are gifted in posting links that haven't anything to do with the post you replied to. LOL!

When do you think your magtransit thingie will be taken seriously? LOL!

"Cannabis is at the center of a wave of social change. With a growing number of medical users benefiting from life-saving cannabis treatments, and a revolution taking place over police priorities when it comes to enforcement of archaic cannabis prohibition laws, cannabis legalization is a catalyst for moving this country toward increased civil rights.

In "Weed Wars," cannabis consumers ranged from cancer afflicted senior citizens to parents of very young children seeking life-saving treatments for their kid's epilepsy. There are numerous creative tech types, ambitious manager types, green thumb types and spiritual types in the show. Sure, the central figure, Steve DeAngelo, admits he uses cannabis to relax at times, but he is no slacker, and if you mess up at work you will be held accountable. Watching DeAngelo energetically run Harborside Health Center, his multimillion-dollar cannabis dispensary, while mobilizing political support in Oakland, California, and nationally, you come to wonder if cannabis users actually have an edge dealing with stress.

Besides DeAngelo, evidence of cannabis users being highly productive can be seen throughout the government and business world. The CEO of the top-selling Dr. Bronner's Soaps, David Bronner, uses cannabis most evenings before bed. Since he took over the family business in 2000, it has grown from a $5 million a year business to one expected to top $100 million in sales this year. With more than 120 employees, all earning a living wage or better, he, along with his brother, have generated a tenfold increase in staff, making the fifth generation soap maker nothing short of an American manufacturing success.

President Barack Obama, comedian Bill Maher, billionaire Richard Branson, actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, director Oliver Stone, basketball coach Phil Jackson, scientist Carl Sagan, visionary Steve Jobs, countless accomplished musicians and many regular moms and dads have used marijuana with no measurable adverse effect on their ability to succeed in life."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/22/opinions/eidinger-myth-of-potheads/index.html

Would YOU want someone, in your family, to be a......

HatingBreitbart.jpg

.....RAGING JUICE-HEAD??!!!

freaking-out-smiley-emoticon.png

Not surprised you can't answer a question but you are gifted in posting links that haven't anything to do with the post you replied to. LOL!

When do you think your magtransit thingie will be taken seriously? LOL!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....so doing Speed is cool.....as-long-as-it's called "medicine".....and, BOOSTS PRODUCTION, huh??

I guess they never got-around to discussing that, in your D.A.R.E. indoctrination....Right??

Many evil drugs out there; but I can say, I have seen a lot of human misery from alcohol. I usually drink wine, a glass or two before bed. Bernkastler Doktor when I can find it.

Many evil drugs out there.....

Evil-drugs.....seriously?????

You want to apply fairy-tale terminology to inanimate-substances??

897.gif

Evil-drugs.....seriously?????

You want to apply fairy-tale terminology to inanimate-substances??

897.gif

Let me rephrase - there are things out there that can get a hold of your soul.

And everyone - everyone, has their demons.

Let me rephrase - there are things out there that can get a hold of your soul.

And everyone - everyone, has their demons.

forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

More fairy-tale terminology....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....so doing Speed is cool.....as-long-as-it's called "medicine".....and, BOOSTS PRODUCTION, huh??

I guess they never got-around to discussing that, in your D.A.R.E. indoctrination....Right??

potato

... I have seen a lot of human misery from alcohol. ...

Alcohol is the worst. It can kill a person with a single use. It can intoxicate to the point of paralysis, coma, or death. It destroys the body over time. It's users kill tens of thousands while driving. It destroys families, lives and careers. And it does all of this while being socially acceptable.

It's poison, and in the hands of a careless person it kills.

The hell it isn't. Why should a pot smoker lose his job? He can test positive on a Monday after smoking a joint on the weekend, and get fired that day. That's wrong. People go to jail for it. That's wrong. Medical marijuana is helping people where pharmaceuticals cannot, yet it is illegal for them to purchase it. That's wrong.

As long as the state terrorizes pot smokers, then we will talk about it every day because it IS an important issue.

If you don't want to get fired don't fucking smoke pot. Should government make it illegal to do so?

Once it's legalized, it will no longer be fun. The mystique will be gone. Prohibition - people who never drank began to drink. Go figure.