Mr. Shaman

Marijuana U.S.A.!!!

I think Colorado acted correctly to legalize pot, and acted stupidly when it slapped a massive tax on the sale of the product. If a liberal policy on pot is going to do much for minimizing drug relate crimes, then the last thing you want to do is penalize the legal sale of pot by giving the illegal sellers a 28% advantage.

Yep ... the state got greedy ... underground sales are huge, with so many people legally growing now.

It's always nice to see Deep Red states caving!!!

"Cox had heard that a form of medical marijuana might help, but it wasn't available in Georgia. So a week after hearing a doctor's diagnosis that Haleigh might not live another three months, she and Haleigh packed up and moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado.

There, Haleigh began a regimen of cannabis oil: four times a day and once at night.

"Every time she smiled I knew we did the right thing, because we hadn't seen her smile in three years," Cox said. "Now she's thriving, she's healthy, she's happy, and they're absolutely shocked at the difference. So I think we've turned some nonbelievers into believers of cannabis oil."

Deal is apparently one of those believers and is expected to sign HB1 at 11 a.m. Thursday, opening the door for the use of cannabis oil to treat certain medical conditions."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/us/georgia-medical-marijuana-bill-signing-haleigh-cox/index.html

http://norml.org/news

You can always rely on Crack-Whore Annie (who thinks there's a difference, between drugs & alcohol) to argue the "conservative"-position.

It is interesting how no political candidate will touch the subject

I hope someone asks Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton what their views are on marijuana legalization

It is interesting how no political candidate will touch the subject

Everything's temporary....especially when there's income-potential.

Privately-owned pri$on$ have made enough cash....just not enough to justify their initial-investments. 543.gif

It's time for the general-population to profit....instead.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2014/08/money-not-morals-drives-marijuana-prohibition-movement/

What's the deal with Fox Farms? Spend three months growing your crop organically, then selling high dollar chemical supplements to finish your crop..horse manure.I going with sunshine #4, organic allthe way. Fox can kiss my ass.

"It didn't happen on 4/20 -- marijuana's high holy day -- but expect Michele Leonhart to step down soon as administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. officials familiar with the matter say.

Obama administration officials long ago soured on Leonhart, a career DEA agent who broke ground at the agency when she rose into leadership as the first woman to head a field office. In recent years, she has angered the administration for appearing to resist federal rules relaxing enforcement on marijuana as states have moved to legalize the drug for medicinal and recreational use.

More recently, she came under fire for her poor performance in a congressional hearing on an inspector general report that found instances of DEA agents having sex parties in Colombia with prostitutes paid for by drug cartels. The report cited light punishments for the agents and Leonhart seemed at a loss about what she could do about it."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/21/politics/dea-leonhart-resigning-marijuana/index.html

partysmiley.gifpartysmiley.gifpartysmiley.gifpartysmiley.gif

giphy.gif

The hell it isn't. Why should a pot smoker lose his job? He can test positive on a Monday after smoking a joint on the weekend, and get fired that day. That's wrong. People go to jail for it. That's wrong. Medical marijuana is helping people where pharmaceuticals cannot, yet it is illegal for them to purchase it. That's wrong.

As long as the state terrorizes pot smokers, then we will talk about it every day because it IS an important issue.

No it isn't an important issue. Pot heads need to stop crying and playing the helpless victim. It's pathetic. The state isn't terrorizing pot smokers. Stop being a drama queen, take a hit and chillax.

What if the company owner said he does not want people who smoke pot at his work and does a drug test? Are you saying it should be illegal for him to have such a drug test? When did you become so liberal as to tell the owner of the company what he cannot do in hiring someone?

No it isn't an important issue. Pot heads need to stop crying and playing the helpless victim. It's pathetic. The state isn't terrorizing pot smokers. Stop being a drama queen, take a hit and chillax.

What if the company owner said he does not want people who smoke pot at his work and does a drug test? Are you saying it should be illegal for him to have such a drug test? When did you become so liberal as to tell the owner of the company what he cannot do in hiring someone?

Get caught with a bit of pot and the government can put you in prison for decades and seize your home. I think this qualifies as the state terrorizing pot smokers.

Get caught with a bit of pot and the government can put you in prison for decades and seize your home. I think this qualifies as the state terrorizing pot smokers.

It is against the law. It isn't terrorizing. If it wasn't against the law and the state was doing the same thing, then it would be terrorizing.

I am 100% against arresting people for a little bit of pot. I don't care if you smoke in your home. I do not want our police wasting valuable time on some pothead getting baked in their basement. The only thing a pothead is a threat to is a Doritos bag.

So what about a business that has drug testing and does not want pot smokers working at their company, even if pot is legal? Is that wrong?

What if the company owner said he does not want people who smoke pot at his work and does a drug test?

No one's asking to get high, at work, Skippy.

"Silicon Valley, the brainchild of entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates (who both admittedly smoked pot in their youth), notoriously does not drug test its employees, knowing they’d lose much of their talent that way. Yet the region is responsible for much of California’s economic productivity, in one of the few non-military industries the US has.

Henry Ford’s method of sending investigators into his workers’ homes to observe their drinking habits seems outrageous today, yet employers are basically doing the same thing by demanding its workers pee in a cup on Monday to find out what they did on Friday night. Is it really their business?"

http://kentuckymarijuanaparty.com/2014/06/18/drug-testing-robs-workforce-of-talent-and-creativity/

No one's asking to get high, at work, Skippy.

That isn't my question. I am saying is it ok to have a drug test to screen for pot use in general. Not that they are smoking at work.

Jimmy Carter is a compassionate and idealistic man. Terrible president, but a good man.

Hell yeah to legal cannabis.

Obama makes Jimmy's Presidency shine. Poor man had Billy Beer in his family.

Sanjay Gupta said last night marijuana may help Alzheimer's patients

If you make it that point.. what do you have to lose.. buy some and give it to grandma and grandpa

Sanjay Gupta said last night marijuana may help Alzheimer's patients

If you make it that point.. what do you have to lose.. buy some and give it to grandma and grandpa

I think Colorado acted correctly to legalize pot, and acted stupidly when it slapped a massive tax on the sale of the product. If a liberal policy on pot is going to do much for minimizing drug relate crimes, then the last thing you want to do is penalize the legal sale of pot by giving the illegal sellers a 28% advantage.

.....And, if people expect ANY kind o' Change, in this Country....you have to pretty-much GUARANTEE Republicans.....THEY will PROFIT from that Change!!!

In their eyes, that's called Capitali$m!

Everyone-else calls it extortion.

What if the company owner said he does not want people who smoke pot at his work and does a drug test? Are you saying it should be illegal for him to have such a drug test?

Will he ALSO be testing for Big Pharma's contribution to PRODUCTIVITY??

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/24703/20150422/increasing-amounts-of-workers-are-misusing-stimulants-to-enhance-work-productivity.htm

Not likely.....