• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Legalize it.

Jimmy Carter is a compassionate and idealistic man. Terrible president, but a good man.   Hell yeah to legal cannabis.

Action Item For Louisiana Voters!!!

"House Bill 117, if enacted, would place the following question before voters: “Shall the possession, distribution, or dispensing of marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinols, or chemical derivatives thereof by persons twenty-one years of age or older no longer be a criminal offense in the state of Louisiana?"

The bill further states, “If a majority of the qualified electors of the election area voting on the proposition approve the proposition, then the possession, distribution, or dispensing of marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinols, or chemical derivatives thereof by persons twenty-one years of age or older shall no longer be a criminal offense subject to law subsequently enacted to provide for the regulation and taxation of marijuana sales.”

Louisiana presently imposes some of the harshest marijuana penalties in the nation. Annually, state and local police make nearly 14,000 marijuana possession arrests. Louisiana ranks #14 in the nation in per capita marijuana possession arrests.

Please enter your zip code to voice your support for HB 117."

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/51046/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=16042

"Compared with other recreational drugs — including alcohol — marijuana may be even safer than previously thought. And researchers may be systematically underestimating risks associated with alcohol use.

Those are the top-line findings of recent research published in the journal Scientific Reports, a subsidiary of Nature. Researchers sought to quantify the risk of death associated with the use of a variety of commonly used substances. They found that at the level of individual use, alcohol was the deadliest substance, followed by heroin and cocaine.

And all the way at the bottom of the list? Weed — roughly 114 times less deadly than booze, according to the authors, who ran calculations that compared lethal doses of a given substance with the amount that a typical person uses. Marijuana is also the only drug studied that posed a low mortality risk to its users.

In other words, individuals and organizations up in arms over marijuana legalization could have a greater effect on the health and well-being of this country by shifting their attention to alcohol and cigarettes. It takes extraordinary chutzpah to rail against the dangers of marijuana use by day and then go home to unwind with a glass of far more lethal stuff in the evening."

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/02/24/marijuana-study-alcohol-deadly/30306/

• 2 weeks later...

Gee.....now "conservatives" are starting to lose the Swing States!!!!

"The majority of voters in Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania support permitting adults to possess marijuana legally, and super-majorities in all three states endorse allowing doctors to recommend cannabis therapy, according to survey data published April 6 by Quinnipiac University.

Fifty-five percent of Florida voters say they support allowing adults "to legally possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use." (Forty-two percent oppose the idea.) In Ohio, voters back legalization by a margin of 52 percent to 44 percent. In Pennsylvania, 51 percent of voters favor legalizing marijuana versus 45 percent who oppose doing so.

Voters' sentiment in favor of legalizing the plant's availability for therapeutic purposes is even stronger. Pollsters reported that voters in all three states back medical marijuana legalization by margins of five to one: 84 percent to 14 percent in Florida, 84 percent to 15 percent in Ohio, and 88 percent to 10 percent in Pennsylvania."

http://norml.org/news/2015/04/09/poll-majority-of-voters-in-swing-states-back-legalization

What.....the NIDA's "research" has evolved into the possibilities of capitalization?????

"The National Institute on Drug Abuse has been selling drugs longer than any single person (probably). They need a little notice time, and a lot of paperwork, but NIDA is good for anything from salvinorin-A to hydrocodone.

NIDA has always provided pot for research, but it’s always been schwag. Now, recently released information on their different varieties of cannabis is giving the public a glimpse of what grows in their mysterious gardens.

Long suppliers of the famous tin cans full of joints, NIDA has distributed hundreds of pounds of weed in machine rolled doobies to a handful of people for over 30 years as a part of the Compassionate Investigational New Drug program.

Even though their joints are what made them famous, it looks like the federal governments joint-rolling machine is being decommissioned. They don’t plan on manufacturing “marijuana cigarettes” anymore, but they will continue to sell the ones they have at $10.96 each. Once those stocks are depleted, they’ll continue to sell “bulk marijuana” at $2,497 a kilogram, or about $1,133 a pound."

http://www.hightimes.com/read/nida-releases-info-pot-they-sell

All recreational drugs should be legalized.

Any harm done to individuals, or society, by the use of recreational drugs is not nearly as bad as the harm done to society by criminalizing the use of recreational drugs. How many people need to be murdered in drug wards, have their lives ruined by drug prosecutions, or have their health wrecked by drugs that contain contaminants?

The idea that putting someone in jail for smoking pot is helping either that person, or society as a whole, is utter nonsense.

You should be able to go to a pharmacist and get high quality drugs of any type at free market prices with or without a prescription. This is not properly any concern of the federal government.

Pot is such a pathetic non-issue, yet it gets so many neverland children crying about it. LOL!The amount of time you potheads spend on this unimportant issue is sad. Our whole country is corrupted by crony capitalism, the expansion of the federal government is increase and you are only worried about being able to get baked in your basement while listening to Van Halen.

All recreational drugs should be legalized.

Any harm done to individuals, or society, by the use of recreational drugs is not nearly as bad as the harm done to society by criminalizing the use of recreational drugs. How many people need to be murdered in drug wards, have their lives ruined by drug prosecutions, or have their health wrecked by drugs that contain contaminants?

The idea that putting someone in jail for smoking pot is helping either that person, or society as a whole, is utter nonsense.

You should be able to go to a pharmacist and get high quality drugs of any type at free market prices with or without a prescription. This is not properly any concern of the federal government.

Well then legalize stealing. How many people have been murdered because they have something someone else wants? Having nice things is GETTING PEOPLE KILLED! Now I know why my mom always said "this is why we can't have nice things".

Well then legalize stealing. How many people have been murdered because they have something someone else wants? Having nice things is GETTING PEOPLE KILLED! Now I know why my mom always said "this is why we can't have nice things".

This would be a reasonable analogy if it was a crime to steel from yourself.

I have no problem at all with it being a criminal offence to force someone else to take drugs.

This would be a reasonable analogy if it was a crime to steel from yourself.

I have no problem at all with it being a criminal offence to force someone else to take drugs.

I honestly don't care if it is legalized. I'm just tired of potheads crying about it every day as if it is an important issue. It isn't an important issue.

EVERYBODY - REEFER IS NOT A DRUG ---

It's a plant. Reefer is a vegetable; an herb. You can cook with it. I don't know how to smoke - I never learned how to inhale and exhale smoke without getting choked. So as soon as marijuana becomes legal - Immo cook some collard greens and sprinkle the reefer in it about 15 minutes before it's done.

Immo make a delicious beef stew and add reefer to it before serving. Then when I make a beautiful pot roast Immo add reefer to the veggies. Them I'll make a tea with it and let it steep. Hell, I'll just write a cookbook !!

I honestly don't care if it is legalized. I'm just tired of potheads crying about it every day as if it is an important issue. It isn't an important issue.

It's like lebeshians abortionists and v trannies.... Who really gives a fuck at the end of the day

If you've reached your 30th birthday and still smoke pot you're probably needing something in life.

I quit at 34 but could sure give up wine, beer and ambian to go again

one percent of people get schizophrenia.

Steady number.... Includes weed and others.

Truthfully I think 60% of folks are crazy.

Of that 10% would east their neighbors and not think twice.

yeah this one is going to get done.

It will make it harder for the republican party to cheat voters of color out of their rights to vote.

Soon they cant overpolice them for pot

I'm sorry..did you just somehow equate minority drug convictions to republican voter suppression? Evince try to put the Coo Coo back in the clock.

.....Except, of course, to those potheads who still believe in "Pursuit of happiness."

This is hardly an issue of Science, OR Health.

It never WAS!!!!!

If you've reached your 30th birthday and still smoke pot you're probably needing something in life.

Yeah.....like FEWER "conservatives"....telling everyone-ELSE....what they need.

I am obviously not a pot head.

I do, however, have an interest in the behaviour of police and I was interested in how best to exercise my rights during a police stop. For a few days, I watched a lot of episodes of that show "Cops" and I became convinced that most cops are trained to lie to suspects in order to get probable cause for a search or an arrest, and that it does not really help people to arrest them for drugs. How many lives have been destroyed in the war on drugs?

I do think this is an important issue, and it is not just pot that I would legalize, it is all recreational and prescription drugs. Addiction and substance abuse should be dealt with as a medical issue, and not as a crime.

I am obviously not a pot head.

I do, however, have an interest in the behaviour of police and I was interested in how best to exercise my rights during a police stop. For a few days, I watched a lot of episodes of that show "Cops" and I became convinced that most cops are trained to lie to suspects in order to get probable cause for a search or an arrest, and that it does not really help people to arrest them for drugs. How many lives have been destroyed in the war on drugs?

I do think this is an important issue, and it is not just pot that I would legalize, it is all recreational and prescription drugs. Addiction and substance abuse should be dealt with as a medical issue, and not as a crime.

http://norml.org/legal

http://norml.org/legal/your-rights

Does MORE Life qualify????

"A safe space for marijuana users.

That's what co-founder Todd Mitchem hopes to create with High There -- "a social connection app for cannabis consumers."

"We're trying to build a community of people that feel connected to each other with a common bond," he said.

But for Mitchem, High There is more than just a social network -- it's personal. He was inspired by his own life experience.

In 2009, Todd's mother was diagnosed with cancer for the second time. After treatment, her doctors told her she only had six months to live. It wasn't legal where she lived (Mitchem chose not to disclose specifics), one of her nurses recommended she get her hands on some marijuana to help with her lack of appetite and to ease her pain.

She did, and she began to grow small amounts of marijuana in her attic for personal use. When she told her neighbor, it ended their relationship.

Six years later, Todd's mother is still alive. And while she isn't on High There yet, he said she plans to join."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/14/technology/high-there-dating-app/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool&iid=obnetwork

.....Except, of course, to those potheads who still believe in "Pursuit of happiness."

This is hardly an issue of Science, OR Health.

It never WAS!!!!!

Yeah.....like FEWER "conservatives"....telling everyone-ELSE....what they need.

I'm pretty sure smoking pot has nothing to do with the pursuit of happiness. LOL! Nope, I'm positive it doesn't. LOL!

Lamest issue people are still crying about.

The hell it isn't. Why should a pot smoker lose his job? He can test positive on a Monday after smoking a joint on the weekend, and get fired that day. That's wrong. People go to jail for it. That's wrong. Medical marijuana is helping people where pharmaceuticals cannot, yet it is illegal for them to purchase it. That's wrong.

As long as the state terrorizes pot smokers, then we will talk about it every day because it IS an important issue.