really, this thread is proof this kid is too naive to make it in the adult world period. an emancipated 16 year old

would find out real quick and real hard that life isn't a cakewalk. and to call this 'discrimination" is idiotic beyond belief.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you just make up that that's how they'd show up for an interview? They dress like that in social situations, because that's what is respected there. If they did dress like that at an interview, it'd because society doesn't consider it important to show them otherwise.

It's important to point out that there really is nothing wrong with that dress. It's just stiff-necks like you that have these problems.

For those in good situations, that may be true. For others, not so much. It's about freedom, not forced independence.

I did not make it up. I do not care if you are applying for a job at burger king. A person who presents himself seriously has a MUCH BETTER CHANCE of getting the job. This is real easy. Present yourself properly for a serious matter ( getting a job) be qualified for the position and it is only a matter of time before you will be hired. Let us take the position of a clerk at a fast food restaurant. There are no real qualifications. 25 people show up for the job. The only real competition is going to be between the applicants who present themselves the best. A teenage dope with his baseball cap on sideways is NOT GOING TO GET THE JOB. Out of the possible 25 i would hire the one person who showed up with a tie on. This shows me that the person is serious about working and making me money.

Hanson, I think I was pretty clear on who would be born with less equality (poor, unskilled, undesirable).

That CEO earning that much is the product of human stupidity, not productivity. They didn't always earn this much. Rather, a system developed where there had to be huge variation in income so that the rich could infinitely get richer. Humans are very imperfect in assessing productivity. As a group, they're much wiser.

And even a society that did reward productivity would be imperfect. That CEO, even if he produced that much more (the truth is he's replaceable), would not need that much money as an incentive to work hard. This society would reward capabilities, instead of the effort needed, and would therefore lead to the poor and the rich putting less effort in. The disabled would just be left to suffer.

About representative democracy, you're right about the original intent. But the reason it's important today is so that people vote for leadership instead of issues. This way, if there's something a minority supports and cares a lot about, but the majority doesn't care but is against it, the candidate will side with the minority.

to call this 'discrimination" is idiotic beyond belief.

Is it not discrimination?

I am against the ACA.

Yet you just suggested it's the solution to people being born with undesirable personalities.

Hanson, I think I was pretty clear on who would be born with less equality (poor, unskilled, undesirable).

That CEO earning that much is the product of human stupidity, not productivity. They didn't always earn this much. Rather, a system developed where there had to be huge variation in income so that the rich could infinitely get richer. Humans are very imperfect in assessing productivity. As a group, they're much wiser.

And even a society that did reward productivity would be imperfect. That CEO, even if he produced that much more (the truth is he's replaceable), would not need that much money as an incentive to work hard. This society would reward capabilities, instead of the effort needed, and would therefore lead to the poor and the rich putting less effort in. The disabled would just be left to suffer.

About representative democracy, you're right about the original intent. But the reason it's important today is so that people vote for leadership instead of issues. This way, if there's something a minority supports and cares a lot about, but the majority doesn't care but is against it, the candidate will side with the minority.

Is it not discrimination?

no more than a law saying a retarded person isn't financially or legally responsible for himself is discriminatory.

i guess if you wanna call it "discrimination", you can do that. but discrimination isn't always wrong or a bad thing.

take laws concerning pedophiles. they aren't permitted to live or be within so many feet of a park or school. is it

"discriminatory"? sure. but oh well. and not allowing a dingbat teenager financial and legal responsibility before

he/she is truly able to take care of him/herself or others protects others in the same way. those laws are in place

for a definite reason. all you're gonna do if you're out there on your own is either get in trouble, die, or be a drain on

taxpayers.

Just what is your concern ... really.

KJ

That minors have no control or freedom with their lives, and are stuck in bad situations because they aren't given independence in our culture and under the law.

I did not make it up. I do not care if you are applying for a job at burger king. A person who presents himself seriously has a MUCH BETTER CHANCE of getting the job. This is real easy. Present yourself properly for a serious matter ( getting a job) be qualified for the position and it is only a matter of time before you will be hired. Let us take the position of a clerk at a fast food restaurant. There are no real qualifications. 25 people show up for the job. The only real competition is going to be between the applicants who present themselves the best. A teenage dope with his baseball cap on sideways is NOT GOING TO GET THE JOB. Out of the possible 25 i would hire the one person who showed up with a tie on. This shows me that the person is serious about working and making me money.

My point was that these people WON'T go to an interview like that, even if they'd socialize like that. Also, that shows nothing about how serious they are about working.

I find it extremely strange that you'd hire someone just because they have a tie. But what's worse is that that's NOT what usually is the deciding factor for these jobs. Rather, they look at the age, race, gender and manner of speaking to make assumptions about them or use their appearance or the people they know to make decisions.

no more than a law saying a retarded person isn't financially or legally responsible for himself is discriminatory.

i guess if you wanna call it "discrimination", you can do that. but discrimination isn't always wrong or a bad thing.

take laws concerning pedophiles. they aren't permitted to live or be within so many feet of a park or school. is it

"discriminatory"? sure. but oh well. and not allowing a dingbat teenager financial and legal responsibility before

he/she is truly able to take care of him/herself or others protects others in the same way. those laws are in place

for a definite reason. all you're gonna do if you're out there on your own is either get in trouble, die, or be a drain on

taxpayers.

Do you check the links I provided? They clearly show that there is very little difference between teenagers and adults. And this is even when society treats them like they are retarded.

Parenthood can be a great thing for a young person, just like it can be for adults. But sometimes it can be terrible, and young people should be allowed and given the tools to do their own things, and if necessary, make it on their own.

Do you check the links I provided? They clearly show that there is very little difference between teenagers and adults. And this is even when society treats them like they are retarded.

Parenthood can be a great thing for a young person, just like it can be for adults. But sometimes it can be terrible, and young people should be allowed and given the tools to do their own things, and if necessary, make it on their own.

hey...as long as you aren't receiving any kind of government benefits, thus sponging off my paychecks while you're out there

playing house? go for it. but i'm not your fucking dad, and i don't wanna in anyway take care of you. to be honest? i could care

less if you live or die. so as long as you have no plans to be a welfare or gov-leech sponge? more power to ya.

hey...as long as you aren't receiving any kind of government benefits, thus sponging off my paychecks while you're out there

playing house? go for it. but i'm not your fucking dad, and i don't wanna in anyway take care of you. to be honest? i could care

less if you live or die. so as long as you have no plans to be a welfare or gov-leech sponge? more power to ya.

Any more money you'd need to pay in taxes, someone would otherwise need to pay as a parent. In both cases, it's called human decency.

Any more money you'd need to pay in taxes, someone would otherwise need to pay as a parent. In both cases, it's called human decency.

no. it would be more and that's the point. there are already enough adult leeches out there without adding a bunch of teenage deadbeats

onto the till. go become a prostitute or something. rob convenient stores. do something constructive. i'm not willing to pay your freight.

welcome to adult-world.

The loonies never stop. There is not enough discrimination. Who would I listen to anything a 17 year old says? If a 17 wants anyone to listen he/she should join the navy for 4 years. Come back with an honorable discharge at the age of 21 and he/she will get all the respect a person with those qualifications deserves. These teens that are discriminated against should sit up straight and keep their mouth shut and listen unless they are addressed. Another good idea for them would be to pull your pants up and face your ball cap forward. Why would i listen to a dope who doesn't know enough to pull up his pants? hahahaha. Get a clue.

Yep, let him go into the service,

Where the biggest class system in the world works.

" I got more stripes/bars/stars than you, so you clean up the shit I made."

Biggest bunch of EGO's in the world.

Get a clue.

no. it would be more and that's the point. there are already enough adult leeches out there without adding a bunch of teenage deadbeats

onto the till. go become a prostitute or something. rob convenient stores. do something constructive. i'm not willing to pay your freight.

welcome to adult-world.

Typical barbaric conservative. Ready to let thousands suffer because a few take when they don't need.

Typical barbaric conservative. Ready to let thousands suffer because a few take when they don't need.

what do you know about the barbarians? and i am perfectly willing to let you suffer. you're nothing to me.

i have my own kid to take care of. don't blame me if you have it bad at home. although i really doubt you do.

you seem well educated and you're obviously typing on a tech device from which you have internet service.

it's not like you're suffering too god damn bad.

The clue is the service has saved more people than any help the gov. has given to anybody. By your remark it seems that you were never in the service. Go find someone who was. They will tell you that their years in the service made a man out of them. They had to get up. They had to shine their shoes. They had to present themselves in an acceptable manner. They had to address all people with respect. They found out how a hierarchy works and you will always have a boss. In my own case i was a punk like the dopes i described in earlier posts. I joined the army in 1968 and it saved my life. There are few people i know that were NOT in the service and they all said the service was the best thing that happened to them when they were young. You have an agenda and it is not getting too much traction here.

" I got more stripes/bars/stars than you, so you clean up the shit I made." Did you get a dishonorable discharge? You must have had a problem in the service to make a statement like you did. If you were never in you know nothing about it. Check with older veterans who served honorably. Your dem buddy Rangle (who is black) wants to bring back the draft. You should join and stop worrying about no-count kids who want equality without having earned anything. I would give the job to the kid with a tie.

what do you know about the barbarians? and i am perfectly willing to let you suffer. you're nothing to me.

i have my own kid to take care of. don't blame me if you have it bad at home. although i really doubt you do.

you seem well educated and you're obviously typing on a tech device from which you have internet service.

it's not like you're suffering too god damn bad.

You continue to prove my point. I bought my phone for 20$ from a friend and use someone else's wifi. But no, I don't suffer that much. I'm sorry I care about those that do.

You continue to prove my point. I bought my phone for 20$ from a friend and use someone else's wifi. But no, I don't suffer that much. I'm sorry I care about those that do.

i'm sorry you do, too. your time would be better spent making your own world better instead of whining in false self-righteous

platitudes about others.

i'm sorry you do, too. your time would be better spent making your own world better instead of whining in false self-righteous

platitudes about others.

While you spend your time trying to make the world a terrible place for all but the "elite".

A teen suffers because adults discriminate against them? A teen has little to offer because a teen has seen or done nothing. Adults know this. In a lot of cases the teen knows it. The reason we have a minimum drinking age, a minimum age to drive, and a minimum age to vote is for a reason. People of certain ages cannot handle the responsibility of these rights.

While you spend your time trying to make the world a terrible place for all but the "elite".

Elite. Your agenda is coming through well now. Thread fail.

Johndnorth- "they found out how a hierarchy works" talk about class warfare!

It's types like you who are always respecting authority that will be forever beneath it. Challenge it, and you'll become greater than the authority itself.

this is basically just more proof that you're a naive, idealistic moron. ya see? that's why people your age shouldn't be emancipated. you're an unrealistic sophomoric jack ass.

A teen suffers because adults discriminate against them? A teen has little to offer because a teen has seen or done nothing. Adults know this. In a lot of cases the teen knows it. The reason we have a minimum drinking age, a minimum age to drive, and a minimum age to vote is for a reason. People of certain ages cannot handle the responsibility of these rights.

Elite. Your agenda is coming through well now. Thread fail.

Why have teens done so little? Because of their lack of freedom.

And yes, I have a open and proud agenda against those that maintain power in the hands of a few. Judging by the number of people I got talking, this post was a success.

this is basically just more proof that you're a naive, idealistic moron. ya see? that's why people your age shouldn't be emancipated. you're an unrealistic sophomoric jack ass.

I knew it would come down to name-calling. It always does.

Why have teens done so little? Because of their lack of freedom.

And yes, I have a open and proud agenda against those that maintain power in the hands of a few. Judging by the number of people I got talking, this post was a success.

lol. if you call being an easy target to mock and ridicule being "a success" then i guess you win today's gold medal.

lol. if you call being an easy target to mock and ridicule being "a success" then i guess you win today's gold medal.

Someone has yet to mock the facts in my links. This thread was obviously seen as threateningly logical if you felt the need to answer me.

that's why people your age shouldn't be emancipated.

I should probably point out that I'm 18 to clear up some confusion.

Someone has yet to mock the facts in my links. This thread was obviously seen as threateningly logical if you felt the need to answer me.

I should probably point out that I'm 18 to clear up some confusion.

lol. you don't know this forum very well. the dumb threads become hot pretty quick.

The clue is the service has saved more people than any help the gov. has given to anybody. By your remark it seems that you were never in the service. Go find someone who was. They will tell you that their years in the service made a man out of them. They had to get up. They had to shine their shoes. They had to present themselves in an acceptable manner. They had to address all people with respect. They found out how a hierarchy works and you will always have a boss. In my own case i was a punk like the dopes i described in earlier posts. I joined the army in 1968 and it saved my life. There are few people i know that were NOT in the service and they all said the service was the best thing that happened to them when they were young. You have an agenda and it is not getting too much traction here.

" I got more stripes/bars/stars than you, so you clean up the shit I made." Did you get a dishonorable discharge? You must have had a problem in the service to make a statement like you did. If you were never in you know nothing about it. Check with older veterans who served honorably. Your dem buddy Rangle (who is black) wants to bring back the draft. You should join and stop worrying about no-count kids who want equality without having earned anything. I would give the job to the kid with a tie.

The service is great for those that want/have/need to be told every day/minute of every day what to do and when to do it.

It breeds Lemmings.

Some tried it and found it wasn't their cupa tea.

I was too Independent for that shit.