Sign in to follow this  
WillFranklin

Would You Vote For A Woman For President?

Would You Vote For A Woman President?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Vote For A Woman For President?

• Yes, the President can be either a man, or a woman.
    • No, the President has always and should always be a man.

This is almost a question for the 1980s but I am asking it because I wonder if people really are ready to break the long held tradition of having a man President, which we have had since the country was founded.

Do Commie Adolescent Liberals consider Sarah Palin a Woman...?

Sarah_Palin_7.jpg

Do Commie Adolescent Liberals consider Sarah Palin a Woman...?

Sarah_Palin_7.jpg

If the Republicans ran a woman candidate, the Liberals would not be out-done.... They'd counter with running Chaz Bono.

No major party has ever ran a woman for President in the General Election before.

It would depend on the woman and what conditions are on the global stage.. These times clearly call for a Leader that projects strength in the dangerous world where we live... The best and toughest female Head of State I can recall in my lifetime was the British Prime Minister Maggie Thatcher----dubbed the "Iron Lady"... I don't see a woman in either Party like that on the home front..

If I thought a woman was the most qualified to be President I'd vote for her in a heartbeat. The thought of not voting for someone I believe to be best because they are a woman wouldn't cross my mind.

If I thought a woman was the most qualified to be President I'd vote for her in a heartbeat. The thought of not voting for someone I believe to be best because they are a woman wouldn't cross my mind.

Would you agree that woman would have to project the image of strength, fortitude & resolve that the dangerous global climate of today calls for ?.. If so, then we are in agreement...

I be voting for a woman only one if she be being a BLACK woman. I think it be safe to say after the overwelming success of my man barak Obama's presidency the rest of our presidents should be blacks.

Agreed. What differences does any of that make? We're looking for a leader, not a gender so whomever is best qualified has my vote as well.

All this time and there hasn't been a woman before. What makes people think that there isn't some inherent prejudice still in people's minds?

All this time and there hasn't been a woman before. What makes people think that there isn't some inherent prejudice still in people's minds?

Well, we just elected a Black guy twice because he was a Black guy.... Maybe when it's time to break the next barrier it will have to do with the qualifications of such candidate-- rather than the need to simply break another barrier.. In other words, not having had a female President before shouldn't factor in the selection process..

Kobia2, I don't think a woman has to project anything different than a man does. I don't want a man who can't project those same images.

Why not vote for both. Michelle 2016!

Like I said... If the Repubs ran a woman, the Liberals would counter and up the anty by running Chaz Bono or Ru Paul.

I have a feeling the reason Hillary lost in the 2008 Democratic Primary was because she is a woman. Even Democrats would rather nominate a black than a woman. Americans have this thing about only putting a man in the Oval Office.

Agreed. What differences does any of that make? We're looking for a leader, not a gender so whomever is best qualified has my vote as well.

That's pretty much what I said.... It should be determined on Leadership qualities, vision, strength etc... At the same time a deciding factor for voting for a woman shouldn't be simply because we've never had a female President before... We tried that with the first Black POTUS.

Who knows how many important decisions have been made by first ladies?

I have often wondered that. There was always much speculation about Hillary having her say during the Clinton years. You remember that?

Kobia2, I don't think a woman has to project anything different than a man does. I don't want a man who can't project those same images.

Great.... So if the man or woman doesn't project an image of strength, neither should get our vote.. The difference is I hold to this line.. Where in your case, I'd bet you'd set this aside and vote for a woman because breaking down another barrier would be higher on your priority list than actual experience or qualification of such candidate.

Yes. She's also a quitter and an idiot. We would be happy to see her on the ballot. But even the RNC isn't that stupid.

I have often wondered that. There was always much speculation about Hillary having her say during the Clinton years. You remember that?

Yes.

Well she did have her say ... Bill put her in charge of the Universal Hillary-Care initiative---- which was defeated in the Senate by the razor-narrow margin of 97--O... This is when Bill began to refer to his wife as the "First Liability"

Yes. She's also a quitter and an idiot. We would be happy to see her on the ballot. But even the RNC isn't that stupid.

And even she was only a VP nominee. And a lackluster one. And only the second female VP nominee on a major party ticket.