Sign in to follow this  
NaughtyWord

Why do people laugh at creationists?

Oh my lordy lord you are funny. I am highly educated you little piss ant. We do not have a clear fossil record showing all of the gradual changes from pre man to man and you know it,. Go ahead put up a link. There have been thousands of skeletons found all over the world..yet there is no clear "This is pre this change at this time." Do you even understand how staggering an undertaking it would be to if evolution was true to put the entire fossil record from pre man to man together using the Darwinian formula of gradual change based on natural selection? It would have to be somewhere in the hundreds of thousands not a couple of thousand in a 6 million year time span...[which is pretty much what we got] I don't even think you understand how complicated evolution is, or the genetic makeup necessary for it, it is absolutely staggering the amount of evidence that would have to be produced to prove it. I don't have to believe in god to not believe in evolution. You my poor little progressive friend are used to dealing with bible thumpers who do not understand how evolution is even supposed to work. Most of them think it is about origins of man which it is not, That said....the zealots who constantly tout their belief in a science that is half proven make me just as sick, There is evidence that supports evolution,,,of that there is no doubt, You also don't need to go far to examine it. That does not mean the theory is correct in it's current form or that it even exists as a process of natural selection and gradual change of species.

If you don't understand that...then I am sorry. If you think I am a knuckle dragger you are correct. I drag my knuckles across stupid F]ucking progressives faces all the time. It's just the kind of guy I am. Turd!

The slam dunk for Evolution is not only the fossil record but more importantly the genetic record.

There is a 1.2% genetic difference in the human and chimpanzee genome, that is a slam dunk for common ancestry. That means the ~98% of the human and chimpanzee genome is identical.

Genetics don't lie.

You fools are so damned dogmatic in your belief structure that you may find that science as you know it gets totally redefined in the next 50 years and leaves you scratching your head and saying "huh?"

Dogmatic am I?

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/topic/167255-why-do-people-laugh-at-creationists/?p=1058942694

Origins of the universe is not a well-understood dynamic

Oh the dogma! :D :D :D :D :D

Trying to find out but not yet knowing is miles better than throwing up our hands and leaning on Bronze Age mysticism which is naught but an intellectual vacuum.

Let that sink into your skull for a moment.

You wanna know what's dogmatic? Believing wine turns into blood.

-NW

The slam dunk for Evolution is not only the fossil record but more importantly the genetic record.

There is a 1.2% genetic difference in the human and chimpanzee genome, that is a slam dunk for common ancestry. That means the ~98% of the human and chimpanzee genome is identical.

Genetics don't lie.

Dogmatic am I?

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/topic/167255-why-do-people-laugh-at-creationists/?p=1058942694

Oh the dogma! :D :D :D :D :D

Let that sink into your skull for a moment.

You wanna know what's dogmatic? Believing wine turns into blood.

-NW

There is no doubt about the similarities between modern primates and homo sapiens this however does NOT prove evolution at all, nor does it prove it's mechanism which is natural selection. The fossil record being complete is what is needed to prove it. Maybe it can be proven through genetics, I don't know, I am not a geneticist and I am pretty sure you are not either. The study of Genetics is complicated, but I know for a fact that genetic dating systems are constantly being upgraded and changed due to inaccuracy. I have seen no peer reviewed papers to date proving evolution through genetics.

• what is this "you" and "we" $h!t?

The words were equivocally used. On hindsight it was poor wording from here on out I'll use more unequivocal terms such as Creationist and Theist vs. Scientist etc.

I'm fully aware that you've done a wonderful job in splanin' evolution to obviously less-educated fellow Creationists. I applaud you for your religious moderation and acceptance of obvious scientific truths.

• In my thousand years we came up with fire, the wheel, written language, communities living together for the community as a whole with folks developing specialized skills to benefit the community, sod roofs, beer, pyramids, bow and arrow, irrigation, domesticating animals, the Roman arch, sailing ships, metal smelting, shall I go on?

And in all of that did they do these things because of truths based in observation or truths based in faith?

• tossing a chick into deep water to see if she were a witch.

Yeah Creationist "science" bled pretty deeply into 1000 CE.

• "They used to poison people with chemotherapy to cure cancer, they burned stuff for energy, they used rockets to get into space, they couldn't travel at warp speed and the weed sucked."

Maybe but they won't be able to call the science into question. Because chemotherapy works, burning things for energy works, and rockets can get you into space. Exorcism is terrible at curing mental illness.

• dare not admit they don't have an answer.

No that's soundly your camp. I've admitted many times that many processes aren't well understood scientifically and anyone claiming otherwise is simply talking out of their ass. Your camp however, instead of coming to terms with "I dunno" you use the intellectual vacuum of "God dun it!"

• We see a universe that is on a razor's edge.

bad word.

• It is fine tuned to an absurd point.

bad word.

• That is not me saying it that is the consensus among "scientists".

Also bad word.

• Don't bother arguing with me about it because you are just going to lose that one.

Bring it on Chump.

• (a) If you believe it is random - then you are believing in something that is a statistical absurdity.
  • ( B) If you believe it is God - then God made it and that is how it all got here. True, it is an extraordinary claim but it explains an extraordinary situation.

Here we go, the probability argument. I've gutted this time and time again here is my latest example. The creationist that I replied to, of course punted.

Probability does not guide anything in the universe. It is guided by 4 major forces (gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong/weak nuclear) and a system of laws. All things in the universe react to the dynamics of these forces and not probability.

• The random chance of water is so incomprehensible alone just its existence is all you need to show there must be a creator.

Incomprehensible huh? Hydrogen is the most abundant atom in the universe, the third most abundant? Yup Oxygen.

Which by the way makes water the 2nd most commonly found molecule in the universe (the first being plain old H2).

But again, hydrogen and oxygen makin' water isn't governed by probability, it is governed by nuclear reactions and laws found in chemistry.

Want to take a second shot at that?

Origins of the universe is not a well-understood dynamic. Science knows some things about the first moments after the big bang but a comprehensive understanding has not yet been achieved. In other words, we don't know. Science has some evidence and are speculating on that evidence but a big picture doesn't yet exist.

Trying to find out but not yet knowing is miles better than throwing up our hands and leaning on Bronze Age mysticism which is naught but an intellectual vacuum.

-NW

Surprise surprise you don't know squat about the H-O-H bond. Another wanna be scientist who got a fact off a website and now thinks he knows something.

Please please go get some real scientific knowledge before you spout off about what is in the universe and how much of it there is...I guess the word BOND to you means a goldfinger movie.

I just don't have time to explain - because you would not understand what I am talking about anyway.

Not on a razors edge?

Positive value[edit]

Observations announced in 1998 of distance–redshift relation for Type Ia supernovae[6][7] indicated that the expansion of the universe is accelerating. When combined with measurements of the cosmic microwave background radiation these implied a value of 964ed1009bf71dab864d8d9d58dbf8da.png,[8] a result which has been supported and refined by more recent measurements. There are other possible causes of an accelerating universe, such as quintessence, but the cosmological constant is in most respects the simplest solution. Thus, the current standard model of cosmology, the Lambda-CDM model, includes the cosmological constant, which is measured to be on the order of 10−52 m−2, in metric units. Multiplied by other constants that appear in the equations, it is often expressed as 10−35 s−2, 10−47 GeV4, 10−29 g/cm3.[9] In terms of Planck units, and as a natural dimensionless value, the cosmological constant, λ, is on the order of 10−122.[10]

is on the order of 10−122

Now, go and look up what that means then tell me that it is not a razors edge.

It is easy to say the word bullshyt when that is what you are shoveling.

Surprise surprise you don't know squat about the H-O-H bond. Another wanna be scientist who got a fact off a website and now thinks he knows something.

Please please go get some real scientific knowledge before you spout off about what is in the universe and how much of it there is...I guess the word BOND to you means a goldfinger movie.

I just don't have time to explain - because you would not understand what I am talking about anyway.

Not on a razors edge?

Positive value[edit]

Observations announced in 1998 of distance–redshift relation for Type Ia supernovae[6][7] indicated that the expansion of the universe is accelerating. When combined with measurements of the cosmic microwave background radiation these implied a value of 964ed1009bf71dab864d8d9d58dbf8da.png,[8] a result which has been supported and refined by more recent measurements. There are other possible causes of an accelerating universe, such as quintessence, but the cosmological constant is in most respects the simplest solution. Thus, the current standard model of cosmology, the Lambda-CDM model, includes the cosmological constant, which is measured to be on the order of 10−52 m−2, in metric units. Multiplied by other constants that appear in the equations, it is often expressed as 10−35 s−2, 10−47 GeV4, 10−29 g/cm3.[9] In terms of Planck units, and as a natural dimensionless value, the cosmological constant, λ, is on the order of 10−122.[10]

Now, go and look up what that means then tell me that it is not a razors edge.

It is easy to say the word bullshyt when that is what you are shoveling.

Look at this fool. Accusing me of getting some facts off the internet and then copypastas wiki to skamper off no doubt to read his book about turning staves into snakes, blood into wine, or Noah commanding genocide.

All the while goes around screeching about probability as if that means anything to the mechanisms of the universe.

I've utterly no time for this troll-post rubbish, get fucked.

-NW

Look at this fool. Accusing me of getting some facts off the internet and then copypastas wiki to skamper off no doubt to read his book about turning staves into snakes, blood into wine, or Noah commanding genocide.

All the while goes around screeching about probability as if that means anything to the mechanisms of the universe.

I've utterly no time for this troll-post rubbish, get fucked.

-NW

Well your the total dipshit here. Evolutionists claim it is supported by scientists. FOOLs like you say science and probabilities have nothing to do with it. SO WHAT THEN- YOU JUST GOTTA HAVE FAITH THEN? SOUNDS LIKE RELIGION TO ME. Originally in the Humanist Manifesto l was considered a religion (Darwin was a humanist.) But then the Humanist manifesto ll changed their mind and claimed they werent a religion because they realized it wouldnt be allowed to be taught in school. TYPICAL HYPOCRITICAL BS.

I've utterly no time for this troll-post rubbish, get banned worded.

-NW

Why does it butt hurt so much to admit you don't know a H-O-H bond from a James Bond?

Let me splain somethin -- when you see a number that must be 1E-122 to make everything work, you should take notice.

But you don't because YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT the number means. I doubt you even know what 1E-122 means.

Now that you have been spanked you ask me to go have sex (thanks) and say "you don't have time" -

and you know what? You are right. You don't have time because you don't know what you are talking about and you won't be bothered with scientific fact that does not fit into your world view.

"By God (hehe) if I say probability has no place in the Universe then by God it don't!"

Well, sorry to inform you the Universe does not care about your OP. We observe a Universe that is balanced beyond anything we could have imagined - the whole Universe rides on a factor tuned to 1E-122.

Understand that just ONE of the thousands, perhaps millions, of factors that allow this Universe and your ignorant arse to exist is on the order of 1E-122.

I guess to you 1E-122 is just another number, like "12 noon" or "6-pack". So, because you don't know what it means, and you are too scared to debate it, just do like you and all the rest of your ilk always do:

Start out saying you will debate anyone then the first time you get spanked by someone who IS a science major say you don't have time, call me a troll, curse, and leave the building.

Why does it butt hurt so much to admit you don't know a H-O-H bond from a James Bond?

Let me splain somethin -- when you see a number that must be 1E-122 to make everything work, you should take notice.

But you don't because YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT the number means. I doubt you even know what 1E-122 means.

Now that you have been spanked you ask me to go have sex (thanks) and say "you don't have time" -

and you know what? You are right. You don't have time because you don't know what you are talking about and you won't be bothered with scientific fact that does not fit into your world view.

"By God (hehe) if I say probability has no place in the Universe then by God it don't!"

Well, sorry to inform you the Universe does not care about your OP. We observe a Universe that is balanced beyond anything we could have imagined - the whole Universe rides on a factor tuned to 1E-122.

Understand that just ONE of the thousands, perhaps millions, of factors that allow this Universe and your ignorant arse to exist is on the order of 1E-122.

I guess to you 1E-122 is just another number, like "12 noon" or "6-pack". So, because you don't know what it means, and you are too scared to debate it, just do like you and all the rest of your ilk always do:

Start out saying you will debate anyone then the first time you get spanked by someone who IS a science major say you don't have time, call me a troll, curse, and leave the building.

Is this some sort of fine tuning argument? If so that has been refuted many times.

Allele frequencies can be modeled using Markov chains. These are mathematical models whose states a memoryless, meaning the current state cannot be predicted from the last one. When a mutation happens it's frequency is 1/(2n) where n is the size of the breed population. For large populations the probability of such an allele spreading is incredibly unlikely. Absorption is much more likely than fixation. If you apply to neutral theory to this then there's no power of selection which is most likely what you'll see.

Evolution is a bigger farce than Ayscue's electric.

I don't laugh at creationists. I merely shake my head in amused bewilderment that people can be so enthralled by superstitious nonsense when all the evidence provided by scientific observation defies it.

Creation never happened. There was never a Garden of Eden, no Adam and Eve, no great flood, no exodus, no one ever got eaten by a whale and regurgitated alive, and nobody was ever killed and came back from the dead (outside of cheesy horror flicks).

This Earth, and everything upon it including all life since the Archean period is the result of 4.6 billion years of cosmic, geological, and biological evolution. And that is a fact that cannot be refuted by any theocrat. Never.

I don't laugh at creationists. I merely shake my head in amused bewilderment that people can be so enthralled by superstitious nonsense when all the evidence provided by scientific observation defies it.

Creation never happened. There was never a Garden of Eden, no Adam and Eve, no great flood, no exodus, no one ever got eaten by a whale and regurgitated alive, and nobody was ever killed and came back from the dead (outside of cheesy horror flicks).

This Earth, and everything upon it including all life since the Archean period is the result of 4.6 billion years of cosmic, geological, and biological evolution. And that is a fact that cannot be refuted by any theocrat. Never.

I don't laugh but do shake my head in bewilderment at people with elitist attitudes. I can almost imagine the dumb look on the faces of scientists when the Big Bang (creation) theory surfaced.

I don't laugh but do shake my head in bewilderment at people with elitist attitudes. I can almost imagine the dumb look on the faces of scientists when the Big Bang (creation) theory surfaced.

The term Big Bang was actually a derisive name coined by Fred Hoyle. The universe's expansion was part of Einstein's solution to his field equations which he corrected with is cosmological constant. Hubble observed red shift and showed Einstein made a mistake.

Is this some sort of fine tuning argument? If so that has been refuted many times.

I guess if you can't even understand the argument - well - then I guess that "refutes" it ...LOL

bewilderment

you got that part right anyway

I guess if you can't even understand the argument - well - then I guess that "refutes" it ...LOL

You didn't post enough to tell so I asked, why be a dick? the smallness or largeness of any number means nothing in this context

You didn't post enough to tell so I asked, why be a dick? the smallness or largeness of any number means nothing in this context

Calling people dicks seem to be the teenage buzzword of the day

I wonder what tomorrow's word will be,,,,

prick? how do you like that?

My point is like the ceiling, over your head

Let me make it simple so you can understand it

All you bring to the table is name calling

You found a place on the internet that lets you say whatever you want, and out of all the potentially magnificent thoughts in that tiny little peabrain of yours, all that you can manage to get out is vile name calling

Your momma must be proud,,,,

My point is like the ceiling, over your head

Let me make it simple so you can understand it

All you bring to the table is name calling

You found a place on the internet that lets you say whatever you want, and out of all the potentially magnificent thoughts in that tiny little peabrain of yours, all that you can manage to get out is vile name calling

Your momma must be proud,,,,

I asked a question, so that's not allowed? what a prick

Sure it's allowed!
So is name calling, which seems to be your specialty
Lucky for you you ended up here,,,,

Sure it's allowed!

So is name calling, which seems to be your specialty

Lucky for you you ended up here,,,,

pretending this sewer is collegial? LOL you are special stupid

I do because they think they will live forever because some supreme being says they will

I will last as long as i last

pretending this sewer is collegial? LOL you are special stupid

I'm pretending nothing, but I AM having fun toying with you

Now that you've admitted to enjoying the "sewer", I wonder how long you're gonna stick around,,,,

I'm pretending nothing, but I AM having fun toying with you

Now that you've admitted to enjoying the "sewer", I wonder how long you're gonna stick around,,,,

who cares? like caring about why someone would be dumb enough to admin this place, there is no point to wondering such things

No intelligent libs here in spite of the name, I'll probably get bored and move on, the problem is that my trading requires me to be at a computer all the time, so this waste of time is as good as any between trades