Sign in to follow this  
Tameamea

Obamacare: personal experience

So, lots of people now criticize the ACA, and, according to the news and statistics, they have a full right to do it. The insurance is more expensive that it was promised. The online registration is flawed. There are not enough doctors. The employers are forced to spend a big part of their budgets. There are not enough clinics working with ACA. You can find all that on the internet. But how about personal experience? Can anyone share a story about the new system?

So, lots of people now criticize the ACA, and, according to the news and statistics, they have a full right to do it. The insurance is more expensive that it was promised. The online registration is flawed. There are not enough doctors. The employers are forced to spend a big part of their budgets. There are not enough clinics working with ACA. You can find all that on the internet. But how about personal experience? Can anyone share a story about the new system?

My daughter enrolled and saved $1200 per year. She enrolled with the same insurance company that had been offered through her employer. She has the same doctors and clinics; no difference. She has a $250 deductible and maximum out of pocket of $1100. She has no problem getting an appointment and her insurance has been accepted everywhere.

She enrolled after they got rid of the glitches, and had no problem with the website.

My daughter enrolled and saved $1200 per year. She enrolled with the same insurance company that had been offered through her employer. She has the same doctors and clinics; no difference. She has a $250 deductible and maximum out of pocket of $1100. She has no problem getting an appointment and her insurance has been accepted everywhere.

She enrolled after they got rid of the glitches, and had no problem with the website.

Thank you a lot for your answer. I almost lost hope to get any. ;)

Glad to here about positive experience. If it's not a secret, what state does your daughter live in? And when did she switch to Obamacare?

Thank you a lot for your answer. I almost lost hope to get any. ;)

Glad to here about positive experience. If it's not a secret, what state does your daughter live in? And when did she switch to Obamacare?

Wisconsin. She started January 1st.

I am 63 and this year (2015) will be my second year to have an insurance plan through the ACA. I have to say that this is one of the best things to happen to me in a long time. I taught in the Florida public school system in Florida for 23 years and retired early at age 60 to care for my invalid sister. Actually, my pension was not that much less because of early retirement. But, I lost my health insurance. Oh, I could have kept it but at a price that I could not afford. When the ACA was instated, I bought a plan for $80 per month. Doctor visit co-pays were only $10 and prescription drug prices were low. This year, that plan was dropped by the insurance company. So, I bought another plan. This plan is a better plan in that it covers more and the deductible, though high, is still lower than the other plan. Doctor visits are $25 co-pay. This one costs $134 per month and I was able to choose a doctor I like much better. All in all, I am very happy with the ACA plans. The insurance I have now is about equal to what I had when I was working.

So, all I can say is that the ACA is a great thing. I would much rather that this country had a single payer socialized form of medicine like most European countries have, but until then, this is as good as it gets. Thank you Mr. Obama. You have saved my health and my life.

cottontop

I am 63 and this year (2015) will be my second year to have an insurance plan through the ACA. I have to say that this is one of the best things to happen to me in a long time. I taught in the Florida public school system in Florida for 23 years and retired early at age 60 to care for my invalid sister. Actually, my pension was not that much less because of early retirement. But, I lost my health insurance. Oh, I could have kept it but at a price that I could not afford. When the ACA was instated, I bought a plan for $80 per month. Doctor visit co-pays were only $10 and prescription drug prices were low. This year, that plan was dropped by the insurance company. So, I bought another plan. This plan is a better plan in that it covers more and the deductible, though high, is still lower than the other plan. Doctor visits are $25 co-pay. This one costs $134 per month and I was able to choose a doctor I like much better. All in all, I am very happy4 with the ACA plans. The insurance I have now is about equal to what I had when I was working.

So, all I can say is that the ACA is a great thing. I would much rather that this country had a single payer socialized form of medicine like most European countries have, but until then, this is as good as it gets. Thank you Mr. Obama. You have saved my health and my life.

cottontop

Good to hear, Cotton!

One of the areas of concern was the group that was just a little too young for Medicare. Quite a few of my friends were on their husband's medical plans, and then lost their insurance when he reached 65, and went on Medicare. Many of them were working just for the insurance.

I just signed up for the ACA and saved about $1800 per year. A better plan than I had before. I am really pleased.

BTW, we have a Liberals Only forum, and the Conservatives are not allowed. We would love to see you there.

Posted · Hidden by Chuck!, October 24, 2015 - spammer
Hidden by Chuck!, October 24, 2015 - spammer

The enemy of human kind used to only be disease and war. Today doctors kill more people than disease or war. The solution is arrest and execution of members of the medical industry. There needs to be a purge.