WillFranklin

We Can't Afford To Be Everywhere Forever

We could lower it when Social Security becomes solvent. And it would only be large businesses.

We could lower it when Social Security becomes solvent.

Define solvent, Will. Quantify what conditions would be solvent. You can do that, can't you?

I really don't fathom where you get this notion.

The US currently spends less as a percentage of GDP than almost ever

BL-defense-pct-gdp.jpg

Why don't you just be honest for once, Will.

You don't want us to spend ANYTHING on Defense.

PS

The real problem is entitlements.

That is what is degrading our infrastructure.

That is what is exploding the debt.

That is what is keeping the borders open.

That is what is driving SS insolvency.

WAKE UP WILL.

this the most dishonest stat ive ever seen. The economy was not very good before 1940. And the amount of military spending was higher to gdp. Nice trick with numbers. They say figures dont lie. But liars sure can figure.

Define solvent, Will. Quantify what conditions would be solvent. You can do that, can't you?

No longer having to tap into its trust fund to pay benefits would be solvent.

this the most dishonest stat ive ever seen. The economy was not very good before 1940. And the amount of military spending was higher to gdp.

Not sure what point you think you are trying to make, Tommy. If you are claiming that defense spending as a percent of GDP was even higher before 1940 than what is shown in that chart, that would only reinforce the assertion that defense spending, as a percent of GDP, is now lower than about ever. :D

No longer having to tap into its trust fund to pay benefits would be solvent.

My, my, how deluded you are.

There is no trust fund.

Every dollar paid out in social security payments comes from current taxes or borrowing.

Every single dollar.

It is not lower now. That is a projection for 2022. It is higher now. And will be higher in 2022 than it was in 1940. And there is no reason for it to be higher.

We Can't Afford To Be Everywhere Forever

We can't afford not to be.

Friggin dollar today will be a trillion when Iran gets the nuke.

Do you have children?

We can't afford not to be.

Friggin dollar today will be a trillion when Iran gets the nuke.

Fear-mongering. Are you suggesting we need to go into Iran too? We don't have the money. Iran is under control.

Do you have children?

I don't post information about my family on here.

It is not lower now.

It's lower now than at almost anytime since WW2. For all intents and purposes, that's "almost forever". That's clearly what the chart shows, Will. Yet we managed to maintain a vigorous foreign presence throughout that entire period, waging numerous wars against formidable opponents. This idea that now we can't is just plain silly.

And there is no reason for it to be higher.

And so is this. This is just more evidence that you are completely divorced from reality.

Neocons like Rick Perry and John McCain want our troops to be everywhere forever. We can't afford the obligations we currently have overseas, much less protracted battles in all four corners of the globe.

We have problems to address here at home, like the debt, infrastructure, the borders, and Social Security solvency. We would be wise to focus our money at home for a while so we can get caught up on things here.

Agreed, to a certain point

It's lower now than at almost anytime since WW2. For all intents and purposes, that's "almost forever". That's clearly what the chart shows, Will. Yet we managed to maintain a vigorous foreign presence throughout that entire period, waging numerous wars against formidable opponents. This idea that now we can't is just plain silly.

And so is this. This is just more evidence that you are completely divorced from reality.

It is a useless waste of taxpayer funds to invade all of these countries. There is no reason for it. We have unmet needs at home. There is no reason we can't afford more domestic spending then by your argument. At least that money stays in our economy.

It is a useless waste of taxpayer funds to invade all of these countries. There is no reason for it. We have unmet needs at home. There is no reason we can't afford more domestic spending then by your argument. At least that money stays in our economy.

Again if you educated yourself with the FED, Central Banks, and a debt based monetary system, like America since 1913, you would understand. Fiat currency, money velocity, etc. Till you learn about these things you'll remain fooled.

How am I fooled? I am just saying that by his argument we can afford more spending. My argument has been for less spending overseas, and you agreed with that.

Debating Will is like debating a tape recorder.

The tape recorder just keeps repeating the same thing no matter what data and logic one brings to the table.

:rolleyes:

How am I fooled? I am just saying that by his argument we can afford more spending. My argument has been for less spending overseas, and you agreed with that.

Spend a liitle time learning about what I've been talking about. Look at my early posts from 2009. I was exactly where you are right now. I now believe in many of the same things you do, but I also believe many of the things the right believe. I like to say I have "Common Sense" with regards to issues.

The tape recorder just keeps repeating the same thing no matter what data and logic one brings to the table.

I don't believe that to be true. I was Will several years ago.

Fear-mongering. Are you suggesting we need to go into Iran too? We don't have the money. Iran is under control.

So we have cash to put up illegals coming into our nation but not for my children's future security?

I'm sure Iran sees it differently than you. Iran is still spinning uranium. Why?

I don't post information about my family on here.

I'll take that as a no.

Aren't you implying that we can afford more spending?

I'm sure Iran sees it differently than you. Iran is still spinning uranium. Why?

Iran is pursuing cleaner energy including nuclear power. Iran is compliant with inspections and poses no nuclear threat. You sound paranoid like the hymies in Israel.

Iran is pursuing cleaner energy including nuclear power.

Time for you to edumacted yourself on uranium and what purity is necessary for what, dumbazz. Just cause Rachel Maddow says it's for peaceful reasons don't make it so, son.

Maybe start with understanding the difference between fission and fusion. That is not a direct correlation, but if you can understand that it will give you a basic knowledge of radioactive materials and their uses.

What causes critical mass?

Or you could just read the entire horse thread.

See, your threads are swill, uneducated opinion. My stuff of this nature is based on science. That's why the buku views and lack of qualified refutation.

Mr. Franklin? You don't know what the fu(k you are talking about.

So where are Iran's nuclear weapons? And where is their Air Force? Where is their Navy? If they are making weapons grade Uranium, where is it?

I don't believe that to be true. I was Will several years ago.

You tell me when you see a crack in his facade. Because I don't see one now.

Aren't you implying that we can afford more spending?

It's like talking to a tape recorder. Tape recorders never listen.

You tell me when you see a crack in his facade. Because I don't see one now.

It's like talking to a tape recorder. Tape recorders never listen.

I have heard your fuzzy arguments and seen your distorted graphs and even checked your right-wing hack sources.

So where are Iran's nuclear weapons?

They don't have them, yet. They are furiously enriching uranium far beyond what is needed for "peaceful" means.

Where the fu(k did I say they already have a nuke?

You a bit fu(kin dense, ain't you, junior?

And where is their Air Force?

That has what to do with the price of tea in China?

Where is their Navy?

See above.

If they are making weapons grade Uranium, where is it?

In all these hidden, bunkered, underground facilities.

If it was all for peaceful reasons, why the underground bunkers?

Why don't you answer my direct questions?

I answer yours, always, easily.

Will, you are a lying, fu(kin scumbag. You are evil and yearn for evil to prevail worldwide. I have a working theory on this, why there is evil. If I ever pen it it will be a series of long winded horse posts titled "Done." But, to me, it matters not so much as to why evil exists, this particular brand of evil, that is, compared to the impotence of stemming said evil. And "Done" will be full of such crap as mitochondrial mutation, genetic bottle necks, the intent of God and other such lite reading. It's all logical deduction and I can't prove Jack, like most of my stuff. I put my train of thought into solid text. But then I've yet to see one of you Swinging Richards refute me one iota on my logical deductions. Which is one(1) reason why I'm the big dog.

Answer the questions, azzhole!

They don't have them, yet. They are furiously enriching uranium far beyond what is needed for "peaceful" means.

In all these hidden, bunkered, underground facilities.

If it was all for peaceful reasons, why the underground bunkers?

Will, you are a lying, fu(kin scumbag. You are evil...

You sound like a paranoid hymie.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/20/us-iran-nuclear-iaea-idUSKBN0FP0LW20140720

Iran has moved to eliminate its most sensitive stockpile of enriched uranium gas under an interim nuclear deal reached with six world powers last year, according to a monthly update by the U.N. nuclear watchdog obtained by Reuters on Sunday.

The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) showed that Iran had met the terms of the six-month agreement, under which it limited its atomic activities in exchange for some easing of sanctions that are crippling its economy....

After years of rising tension between Iran and the West and fears of a new Middle East war, last year's election of a pragmatist, Hassan Rouhani, as Iran's president led to a thaw in ties that resulted in the current nuclear negotiations.

Under the accord reached in Geneva on Nov. 24, designed to buy time for talks on a comprehensive solution, Iran halted the most controversial aspect of its nuclear program - enrichment of uranium gas to a fissile concentration of 20 percent.

It also undertook to dilute or convert to oxide its remaining stockpile of the material - nearly 210 kg - during the half-year period, which Sunday's IAEA report showed it had now completed. That stockpile was closely watched by the West as the level of enrichment represented a relatively short technical step away from that required for nuclear weapons....

Iran says it is only refining uranium to fuel nuclear power plants or research reactors, not to develop a nuclear weapons capability as the West suspects....

The IAEA update also showed that Iran had started up a long-delayed facility to convert some of its lower-grade enriched uranium gas into oxide and had fed about 1,500 kg of the material into the conversion process, as agreed in November.

Western experts say it would take more time to make a bomb from uranium oxide than from gas, lowering any risk of a quick breakout for a nuclear weapon.

As the IAEA confirmed in a series of monthly updates since the agreement took effect on Jan. 20 that Iran lived up to its part of the deal, the Islamic Republic has gradually gained access to some of its frozen cash held abroad....

That is the latest news about Iran. Why you so paranoid?