Sign in to follow this  
WillFranklin

74% Of Republicans Are Happy With Their New ObamaCare Plans

Medicare and a supplementary. You must have shitty insurance if you payed out of pocket for a GP like that.

Ironically, insurance is a part of the problem (if not THE problem) as it artificially bloats up the cost of healthcare significantly.

Do you grasp how little profit there really is in that industry?

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/91508-check-outrageous-profits-insurance-companies-making-obamacare/

This is sure to make your blood boil. Those greedy capitalist pigs in the health insurance industry were making out like bandits before ObamaCare was passed. And now, thanks to the Affordable Care Act, those inhumane profits are going to be reined in.

How bad were those numbers? Get a load of these statistics from 2009, before ObamaCare saved us from looming disaster in the medical industry:

Unitedhealth Group (healthcare plans): 4.1 percent

WellPoint (healthcare plans): 4 percent

Aetna (healthcare plans): 3.9 percent

A survey by the firm International Economic Development puts the ugly profit margins in further context:

Looking at the industry average should give you a good idea of what kind of money there is to be made in health insurance. In past years, this industry has averaged a little over 3% profit margin. The margin for health insurance companies hovers at about 3% generally. It is a rank of about 88 among 215 industries as far as profit margins go.

While insurance agents are living large at an average salary of $47,450 in 2011, our infinitely more valuable federal bureaucrats are struggling to get by on just $78,500 a year! What kind of economic justice is that?!

It’s a good thing that ObamaCare contains a regulation that caps overhead (like employment and wages) and profits at 20% for smaller firms, and 15% for larger ones.

As illustrated by a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee, profit margins will now be shrunk down to trifling numbers for some firms — meaning, less incentive for insurance companies to do business at all.

An unintended side effect, or the kind of “medicine” the Obama administration had in mind all along? I don’t know, but if you wanted to eventually destroy the health insurance industry, ObamaCare may be just what the doctor ordered…

:D

Medicare and a supplementary. You must have shitty insurance if you payed out of pocket for a GP like that.

Pretty common.

Again, she must have the holy grail of insurance companies.

Do you grasp how little profit there really is in that industry?

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/91508-check-outrageous-profits-insurance-companies-making-obamacare/

:D

Maybe I should have been more specific. It's not that I think insurance companies per say are racketeers but that the healthcare industry ABUSES the very existence of insurance.

Basically, they get to write a blank check to the consumer because their insurance is a large pool of money in which to pull from therefore increasing their value(artificially) significantly. If they were to actually charge based upon the general income of the average consumer it would be a much, much smaller amount.

And as I said, if you paid $175 for your copay your insurance must suck!

Again, kind of the norm from what I've seen.

I'd really like to know what kind of insurance she has.

Maybe I should have been more specific. It's not that I think insurance companies per say are racketeers but that the healthcare industry ABUSES the very existence of insurance.

Healthcare industry? Or government tampered with healthcare industry?

I need to clarify that this poll was a poll OF JUST PEOPLE WITH NEW HEALTH CARE PLANS UNDER THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT and it is NOT A POLL OF EVERYONE'S OPINION ABOUT THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.

There is a thread currently trying to debunk this poll saying it didn't make the cut on Real Clear Politics. BUT THOSE ARE POLLS OF ALL PEOPLE ASKING THEM THEIR OPINION OF THE ACA, NOT A POLL OF JUST PEOPLE WITH NEW PLANS UNDER THE ACA.

I need to clarify that this poll was a poll OF JUST PEOPLE WITH NEW HEALTH CARE PLANS UNDER THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT and it is NOT A POLL OF EVERYONE'S OPINION ABOUT THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.

There is a thread currently trying to debunk this poll saying it didn't make the cut on Real Clear Politics. BUT THOSE ARE POLLS OF ALL PEOPLE ASKING THEM THEIR OPINION OF THE ACA, NOT A POLL OF JUST PEOPLE WITH NEW PLANS UNDER THE ACA.

Oh, they know that - but what can they say? The poll makes it clear that even republicans who have Obamacare love it, so our cons have to fall back on their tired old bleating about general "opinions".

I mean, you don't actually expect them to FACE FACTS, do you?

They got so desperate as their heads were spinning around on their necks about to explode that they started another thread and it isn't even about the same kind of poll.

Poor little cons.

They got so desperate as their heads were spinning around on their necks about to explode that they started another thread and it isn't even about the same kind of poll.

Yep. I think it's very telling that the best bullsh1t their owners came up with for them to chant is that tired old crap about general opinions.

Reminds me of when I was in college and went to work at a fairly nice steak and seafood place just opening up. We were all in training, and the representative told us that most people like the idea of fresh fish, but all theirs was frozen. Even though this means it is actually fresher (all fish caught at sea is put on ice right away), people still don't like hearing that it's frozen. Their solution? "When a customer asks if the fish is fresh or frozen, tell them it's sauteed."

LOLOL.

When asked what they think of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), colloquially known as ObamaCare, Republicans are scathing and united in their disapproval. According to Gallup, 87 percent of Republicans disapprove of the law, and 77 percent think it will make the healthcare situation worse.

But in terms of their own experiences with ObamaCare?

According to a new poll taken by the Commonwealth Fund, people enrolled in ObamaCare are satisfied. And yes, that includes Republicans:

Overall, 73 percent of people who bought health plans and 87 percent of those who signed up for Medicaid said they were somewhat or very satisfied with their new health insurance. Seventy-four percent of newly insured Republicans liked their plans. Even 77 percent of people who had insurance before — including members of the much-publicized group whose plans got canceled last year — were happy with their new coverage. [Commonwealth Fund]

So for all the Hitler analogies and claims that ObamaCare causes cancer, the people enrolled in the program — even Republicans — are mostly happy about it.

The Commonwealth Fund study also found that the percentage of uninsured has dropped dramatically, from 20 percent down to 15 percent, with an additional 9.5 million fewer people now uninsured.

http://theweek.com/article/index/264499/speedreads-74-percent-of-republicans-are-happy-with-their-new-obamacare-plans

Commonwealth Fund huh?

Who's that? Let's take a look:

Oh, it's a liberal think tank that prides itself on promoting welfare and child welfare. Wonderful. It's led by a Dr. David Blumenthal. Who's that?

Oh he's a leftist that worked as a healthcare advisor to the 2008 Obama Campaign. Wonderful, this has moonbat written all over it.

Well let's look at the study,

According to a new poll taken by the Commonwealth Fund, people enrolled in ObamaCare are satisfied. And yes, that includes Republicans:

Overall, 73 percent of people who bought health plans and 87 percent of those who signed up for Medicaid said they were somewhat or very satisfied with their new health insurance. Seventy-four percent of newly insured Republicans liked their plans. Even 77 percent of people who had insurance before — including members of the much-publicized group whose plans got canceled last year — were happy with their new coverage. [Commonwealth Fund]

Oh the footnotes explain what's going on:

1. It's a small sample size.

2. Gives no information about demographics.

3. Used self-identification rather than voter registration.

4. Included people enrolled in medicare and medicaid independent of the ACA enrollment process.

5. Not a word about methodology or how the questions asked.

Good lord, this is the pile of shit you liberals are jumping around about?

You suckers will believe anything. When you get a scientific poll from a reputable pollster telling us that 74% of Republicans are happy with Obamacare, get at me. Until then, I'll be busy watching your leftist politicians put as much distance between them and ObamaCare as they possibly can.

-NW

Ever notice how so many conservatives feel compelled to use BIG - BOLD - PRINT - with a variety of colors?

It always reminds me of a little kid shouting to his mother, "LOOK AT ME - LOOK AT ME" -

And you look, and they do some silly little thing like jump over a crack in the sidewalk.

With little kids, you have to pretend they did something special.

With conservatives, you know that the bigger the print, the bigger the falsehood.

Like Texans, talk LOUDER, Brag Bigger, High top boots for walking thru all the shit they spew,

20 gallon hats for their ego's,

Rodeo belt buckles for all the Rodeos they never attended.

But why wouldn't people who were uninsured be happy with their new plans?

Paying for something you used to get for free doesn't make most folks happy

That isn't the fault of the ACA. If employees lost their plans that is the fault of their employer.

Oh the footnotes explain what's going on:

1. It's a small sample size.

2. Gives no information about demographics.

3. Used self-identification rather than voter registration.

4. Included people enrolled in medicare and medicaid independent of the ACA enrollment process.

5. Not a word about methodology or how the questions asked.

-NW

I believe those enrolled in Medicaid did so through the expansion of Medicaid outlined in the ACA.

That isn't the fault of the ACA. If employees lost their plans that is the fault of their employer.

I believe those enrolled in Medicaid did so through the expansion of Medicaid outlined in the ACA.

Untitled_zps9244a119.png

-NW

So it didn't include Medicare enrollees. But you claim that some of the Medicaid enrollees are not through the ACA because they are enrolled "outside of the marketplace" ? I thought they could have simply enrolled in Medicaid due to the expansion and didn't have to go through the marketplace.