Women In Islam

I bet all you liberal women out there can't wait for Sharia to sweep America.

WOMEN AND RADICAL / FUNDAMENTALIST ISLAM

Throughout the Muslim world, women are treated as second-class citizens who are inferior to men in terms of intelligence, morals, and faith. This arrangement derives from the Qur'an itself, which states unambiguously: “Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other” (Qur'an 4:34).

The Qur'an likens a woman to a field (tilth), to be used by a man as he wills: “Your women are a tilth for you [to cultivate], so go to your tilth as ye will” (2:223). Such a view is consistent with the teachings of the prophet Muhammad, who emphasized that women were little more than possessions of, and objects of sexual pleasure for, their husbands: “The husband is only obliged to support his wife when she gives herself to him or offers to, meaning she allows him full enjoyment of her person and does not refuse him sex at any time of the night or day.”

The Qur'an instructs husbands to beat their disobedient wives: “Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property [for the support of women]. So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them” (4:34).

The Qur'an allows men to marry up to four wives; women, by contrast, may have only one husband.

A Muslim man can divorce his wife easily, but a Muslim woman faces great obstacles should she want a divorce from her husband.

Shi'ite Islam, the dominant form of Islam in Iran, allows for men to take “temporary wives”; i.e., short-term sexual companions who typically contract for a relationship that will last for three days, at which point it can be extended if the man desires.

Fundamentalist Islam permits men to have sex with slave girls also: “If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice, two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly [with them], then only one, or [a captive] that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice” (4:3).

The Islamic court system relegates women to a most lowly status. According to the Qur'an, a woman’s testimony is worth only half that of a man. In cases of rape, no conviction can occur in an Islamic court unless four male eyewitnesses testify to having seen the act occur. This is in keeping with a 7th-century edict issued by Muhammad.

The Muslim world also features the widespread practice of accusing rape victims of having engaged in illicit sexual relations (zina), an offense which carries punishments ranging from imprisonment and flogging to death by stoning.

The property and inheritance rights of Muslim women are meager in comparison to those of men. Islamic law mandates, for instance, that a son’s inheritance should be twice the size of that of a daughter: “Allah [thus] directs you as regards your children’s [inheritance]: to the male, a portion equal to that of two females” (4:11).

In some Muslim countries, the law stipulates that “the husband may forbid his wife to leave the home,” and that “a woman may not leave the city without her husband or a member of her unmarriageable kin accompanying her, unless the journey is obligatory, like the hajj.” Gender segregation in public is also imposed or encouraged in parts of the Muslim world.

Female genital mutilation is widespread among some Muslim communities, especially in Egypt, East Africa, Yemen, and Indonesia. Many Muslim leaders see the practice as essential for preserving women’s chastity on which the all-important family honor largely depends.

Veiling is another common practice in Muslim culture. The Hanafi and Maliki schools of Islamic law permit a woman's face and hands to be revealed in public, thus there is no need for a veil over the face. Among Hanbalis there are two opinions, some permitting the exposure of face and hands, others forbidding it. The Shafi'is demand that a woman’s face and hands be covered in public, thus demanding some kind of veil over her face.

In several Muslim countries, child marriages -- where young girls marry much older men -- are legal. This tradition derives from the fact that the prophet Muhammad married his favorite wife Aisha when she was six years old and consummated the marriage when the girl was nine. This is why, following the 1979 Iranian Revolution, Iran’s new rulers lowered the minimum age of marriage for girls to nine.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Now, the role of women in Islam is little more than being two legged cattle; but what always irked ( irked - disgusted ) me to no end was ( is ) the FGM. When I became sexually active in my teens, I thought I hit the fuc_in lottery. I said, God ( Christian God ), you really did a great job - Thanks. ( other than those mood swings - but I'm good with that anyway ). Unfortunately, Allah - the god of Islam, apparently did not do such a great job; so it's necessary for Muslim crotch hackers to improve ( in their minds ) the work of Allah.

Liberal women love to coddle Muslims, with their only reason being that it is "The thing to do" and chic in the eyes of libs because cons don't approve of their ways. Liberal women are hated by Muslim men. Liberal women know the truth, but they will ignore it at the expense of being true to their politics. If liberal women visit Afghanistan and spread their views, they will be the first to get offed by Muslim men.

Sharia Law in America

Sharia-law-in-America.jpgSharia law in the United States of America ("America") has reachedIslamic Expansion Phase 3. Sharia law's recent advances in America include these examples:

• Public American schools with Muslim students are holding Sharia law-required prayers towards Mecca.

• Public American universities are building Sharia-required washing facilities.

• In 2000, the Republican National Convention became the first American presidential convention to open with a Muslim prayer to Allah, the moon god.

• In 2007, Quran for the first time was used to swear into office a new US Congressman (above).

• In 2009, a Christian US soldier at Baghram Air Force Base in Afghanistan received Bibles in two local languages sent by his American church as planned. The US military confiscated those Bibles and instead of at least sending them back to the church, burned them. By contrast, when Terry Jones, a pastor in Florida announced his plan to burn a copy of the Quran in 2010, General David Petraeus, the commander of the US military in Afghanistan, strongly objected to his plan, while Hillary Clinton, the US Secretary of State denounced it as "disgraceful".

• Court cases involving conflicts between Sharia and civil laws are spreading in America. Many states are passing laws banning the use of Sharia law in court but are being challenged in court byMuslim groups that also campaign against politicians who sponsor and/or support such laws.

• To attract and manage (Middle Eastern) Muslim wealth, increasing numbers of American financial institutions are becoming Sharia-compliant. This requires donating a percentage of their annual profits to Islamic organizations designated by their Sharia-compliance advisors, many of whom are members of the Muslim Brotherhood and funnel money to even terrorist groups (donations must go to one or more of eight recipient categories, one of which is Jihad).

• Muslim taxi drivers are challenging local authorities to have the right not to pick up blind passengers with seeing-eye dogs, while Muslim supermarket cashiers are challenging their employers for the right to refuse to sell products from pigs. Both are considered unclean in Islam.

Sharia Law in UK Sharia Law in Canada

So why to do you say Obama Bin Lying????

Truth is what we can find....

Obama Bin Lying and silent about much...same-same. Do you believe he didn't know about the IRS scandal, or that he REALLY thought the Benghazi debacle (getting hotter all the time) was because of a video? There's too much to list. Why do you suppose he invited a well-known terrorist (Morsi) as a guest of honor at OUR White House. What was he thinking? I don't believe he's that naive.

Sometimes you just have to listen to both sides. Just because you invite someone to the white house does not endorse their beliefs.

Like I said, he invited a known terrorist. Not too swift on the part of ensuring national security. Do you believe that he does not endorse ANY of his father's Islamic beliefs? Obama invited Morsi to the WH for his own political self-interest, at the expense of showing the entire nation that he doesn't mind mixing with bad people. If Hitler were alive, and Obama invited him to the WH, would that set well with you because It doesn't mean that he endorses Hitler's beliefs? Get real. The company you keep says volumes.

Obama Bin Lying and silent about much...same-same. Do you believe he didn't know about the IRS scandal, or that he REALLY thought the Benghazi debacle (getting hotter all the time) was because of a video? There's too much to list. Why do you suppose he invited a well-known terrorist (Morsi) as a guest of honor at OUR White House. What was he thinking? I don't believe he's that naive.

He was thinking that Morsi was the duly elected president of Egypt at that time. Maybe he was giving the Brotherhood an opportunity to see if they would govern fairly. I have no problem with that. When it became clear that was not going to happen, he didn't support Morsi again.

Every major movement - religion & so called religion, has had their dark - shameful periods in their histories; but only Islam clings to the primitive barbaric 7th century mind set it was founded on. Our liberals ignore the behavior of Islam - the media ignores the behavior of Islam. Khomeini wrote & published books on the correct method for having sex with Children & Animals. Now, can you imagine the liberal feeding frenzy, if those books were written & published by a Christian cleric? This takes hypocrisy to another dimension.

Is--lame is a satanic religion like all the rest of the false religions.

The "great prophet" took out a sword and cut off the heads of 800 people.

Yet, some of these fools compare him to Jesus.

Every major movement - religion & so called religion, has had their dark - shameful periods in their histories; but only Islam clings to the primitive barbaric 7th century mind set it was founded on.

Of the billion or so Muslims in the world, how many would you consider to be clinging to a 7th century mindset? I wonder if the percent is so very different from those of Christianity or Judism that wish to retreat from the modern world. The Amish, the Hassidic, the GOP. (Just kidding about the GOP, mostly.)

What you don't realize about Islam is that it was a major advance in human and specifically woman's rights when it was created. If you compare it to the rules of pagan Arab culture at the time you'd see a major difference. It spelled out the rights of people that even rulers could not usurp.

Of the billion or so Muslims in the world, how many would you consider to be clinging to a 7th century mindset? I wonder if the percent is so very different from those of Christianity or Judism that wish to retreat from the modern world. The Amish, the Hassidic, the GOP. (Just kidding about the GOP, mostly.)

What you don't realize about Islam is that it was a major advance in human and specifically woman's rights when it was created. If you compare it to the rules of pagan Arab culture at the time you'd see a major difference. It spelled out the rights of people that even rulers could not usurp.

The peaceful, so called moderate Muslim, is the one who watches the Radical Muslim murder an infidel; but the peaceful moderate Muslim does nothing to stop the killing. I can understand why; because if a peaceful Muslim takes a public stand against Islam's brutality, he or she has signed their own death warrant. There sits the problem.

Islam did have a truly Golden Age - WTF went wrong. Jews & Christians managed to climb out, & stay out of the sewer of ignorance.

The Islamic Golden Age starts with the Abbasid historical period beginning in the mid 8th century lasting until the Mongol conquest of Baghdad in 1258.[1] The Islamic Golden Age was inaugurated by the middle of the 8th century by the ascension of the Abbasid Caliphate and the transfer of the capital from Damascus to Baghdad.[2] The Abbasids were influenced by the Qur'anic injunctions and hadith such as "the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr" (also see ijtihad) that stressed the value of knowledge.[2] The rise of Islam was instrumental in uniting the warring Arab tribes into a powerful empire. The Abbasids claimed to belong to the same tribe to which the Prophet Muhammad belonged, and were for that reason considered holy. During this period the Arab world became an intellectual center for science, philosophy, medicine and education; the Abbasids championed the cause of knowledge and established the House of Wisdom (Bait-ul-Hikmat) at Baghdad,[3] where both Muslim and non-Muslim scholars sought to translate and gather all the world's knowledge into Arabic.[2]

The Arabs showed a strong interest in assimilating the scientific knowledge of the civilizations they had overrun. Many classic works of antiquity that might otherwise have been lost were translated into Arabic and Persian and later in turn translated into Turkish, Hebrew and Latin.[2] During this period, the Arab world was a collection of cultures; put together, synthesized and significantly, they advanced the knowledge gained from the ancient Roman, Persian, Greek, Chinese, Indian, Egyptian, Byzantine and Phoenician civilizations.[2] The decimal system travelled from India to Arabia during this time and in 9th century it was popularized in the region by the Persian mathematician al-Khwarizmi. In the 10th and 11th centuries, Fatimid made many contributions, as described below, making their presence felt. Later, in the 12th century, a monk Abelard introduced it in Europe. They also began the use of a first form of algebra (without numerical exponents) in order to solve complex mathematical problems.

This has been forgotten in Islam: "the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Hahaha, islam is a major advance in the rights of women? ARE YOU INSANE? Or just terrified to criticize a muslim? Probably both.

The peaceful, so called moderate Muslim, is the one who watches the Radical Muslim murder an infidel; but the peaceful moderate Muslim does nothing to stop the killing. I can understand why; because if a peaceful Muslim takes a public stand against Islam's brutality, he or she has signed their own death warrant. There sits the problem.

Islam did have a truly Golden Age - WTF went wrong. Jews & Christians managed to climb out, & stay out of the sewer of ignorance.

I'm wondering just how many Muslims you know? I think the Islam of today is not so very different from the Christianity of 600 or so years ago.

Hahaha, islam is a major advance in the rights of women? ARE YOU INSANE? Or just terrified to criticize a muslim? Probably both.

Is your problem a lack of historical knowledge or poor reading comprehension skills?

I think you both make the mistake of judging those who agree with you by their best actions while you judge those you disagree with by their worst actions. You need to step back from the headlines and realize there a billion Muslims you don't read about. They are the true Islam. Would you be OK with a Muslim judging Christianity by the Waterboro Baptist Church?

Why would women stay. Why dont they just come to a country where women are respected. They must be brainwashed.

Probably because you are the brainwashed one?

Since your dictators did 911... you have been brainwashed into hating an imaginary enemy.

I'm wondering just how many Muslims you know? I think the Islam of today is not so very different from the Christianity of 600 or so years ago.

I think that it is actually very similar to Christianity of today.

I would be interested to know ...how many of the brainwashed american peasants here have lived in a muslim country?

How many base their opinions on the vast propaganda fed into their hillbilly tvs?

Is your problem a lack of historical knowledge or poor reading comprehension skills?

I think you both make the mistake of judging those who agree with you by their best actions while you judge those you disagree with by their worst actions. You need to step back from the headlines and realize there a billion Muslims you don't read about. They are the true Islam. Would you be OK with a Muslim judging Christianity by the Waterboro Baptist Church?

I've never heard a massive outcry from the 'true' muslims condemning the violence of the violent ones.

You seem to be the blue print for an American mooslim.....

Your mom's cooch was a perfect fit for my schlong.