Libs Claim--Surprise!--Economy Is Improving

Once again and just in time for the mid-term election campaign season, Whangdoodle Barry, his administration liars and plantation rporters are all claiming the American economy is improving and headed for a robust, full recovery.

I don't think so. Barry's smelly but perfumed statistics contradict other less complimentary numbers

The number of unemployment applications, for exmple, is up.

But this economic propaganda is standard fare from these libs isn't it? Whangdoodle and the liars in his administration couldn't care less about presenting an entirely false state of the US economy.

They're merely interested in promulgating a fabrication which will result in a political victory in November's midterm election.

The liberal media, on the other hand, still insist on parroting whatever outtrageous lies Barry gives them, regardless of the truth.

You know what I wish would happen. I wish that every person had a chance to work. I wish the republicans wanted the economy to do well.

So long as there's a black man in the White House, there is no level of treason low enough for them to stoop to obstruct economic progress.

No, it's worse, but the powers that be have just been papering over our problems.

Actually, it is. Not a lot, thanks to congressional rethuglican obstructionism, but a bit.

Once again and just in time for the mid-term election campaign season, Whangdoodle Barry, his administration liars and plantation rporters are all claiming the American economy is improving and headed for a robust, full recovery.

I don't think so. Barry's smelly but perfumed statistics contradict other less complimentary numbers

But this economic propaganda is standard fare from these libs isn't it? Whangdoodle and the liars in his administration couldn't care less about presenting an entirely false state of the US economy.

They're merely interested in promulgating a fabrication which will result in a political victory in November's midterm election.

The liberal media, on the other hand, still insist on parroting whatever outtrageous lies Barry gives them, regardless of the truth.

Wel.. the Dow Jones hit a record high and Unemployment hit a low that goes back to before the Bush Recession. I think this Recovery..prosperity..is WAY less that what we could do.. but given the RELENTLESS GOP opposition to PROSPERITY...their obbsessive Class Warfare...it's actually above expectations.

The people who voted for Obama have no idea how the real world works.

All they knew was the black guy was running and jungle fever carried him.

Many of them are now continuing to lead their Jerry Springer lifestyles once again and any thought of Constitutionalism is the furthest from their minds.

Wel.. the Dow Jones hit a record high and Unemployment hit a low that goes back to before the Bush Recession. I think this Recovery..prosperity..is WAY less that what we could do.. but given the RELENTLESS GOP opposition to PROSPERITY...their obbsessive Class Warfare...it's actually above expectations.

The DJIA has always been a poor way to gauge the health of the economy, moreso recently what with the manipulation and all. The published unemployment rate is so badly fudged a statistic that it hardly represents the real state of employment at all.

Don't blame the GOP though, both parties share the same owners.

So what do you use to judge the economy??

My senses, mostly. Food prices are getting higher, there's no construction to be found, and a lot more homeless people are roaming the streets than I'm used to.

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2001_2014_all

This, however, is the labor force participation rate for people over the age of 16. It currently stands at 62.8%, same as it was in 1978. Raw data is going to be the best tool for understanding the economy, but you have to know how to interpret it all.

bonds_big.png

This is the yield curve for US Treasurys. I don't feel like explaining all of it, but typically falling yields for bonds in general means a stalling economy. There are of course exceptions and other considerations, but it's a generally accepted rule of thumb. The 10Y note has fallen from 2.80% a month ago to 2.58% today.

This is the price of oil since 2009. Because everything we do requires oil, this is a very important measure. As you can see, it's been on a steady rise since our Dear Leader was sworn in. From below $70 to around $100. Not good.

As a bonus, the food price index for the last five years. Also not good.

So yeah, the economy can hardly be called "improved".

It's jobs day! And the headline result is relatively okay, I guess: 288k jobs created, the unemployment rate down to 6.3 percent. The jobs number is good, but as Jared Bernstein points out, the decline in the unemployment rate is completely due to nearly a million fewer people in the labor force.

But when you look at the broader context, this is the same story since the "recovery" started: A very weak economy with pathetic growth, persistently high unemployment, and colossal amounts of potential output abandoned for no reason. We have made almost no dent at all in the most important economic chart. Here's the employment rate among people 25-54, the cream of the US workforce:

emp_pop1.png

So it costs you a bit more for a bag of Cheetos. Big bad word deal.

How do you think they gauge the state of the economy ?

0c5c9cc8-1e31-4f26-a2a1-1b5ffb71dab8_zps

So it costs you a bit more for a bag of Cheetos. Big fucking deal.

Way to cherry pick what I said, idiot. I'm sorry that my facts don't coincide with the propaganda jiz you merrily guzzle, but here's a life tip for you: generally it's unwise to flaunt your stupidity.

Way to cherry pick what I said, idiot. I'm sorry that my facts don't coincide with the propaganda jiz you merrily guzzle, but here's a life tip for you: generally it's unwise to flaunt your stupidity.

So why do you do it?

So it costs you a bit more for a bag of Cheetos. Big fucking deal.

You better get ready for that bag of Cheetos to go up even more, I do a lot of business with different mfg. corps. and and the price of everything is going up, we're not talking a "bit more" either. Everything I sell is absorbed by the manufactures of goods and passed along to consumers, I've been in business for around 20 years and this is getting plain crazy. Over the years I've gotten used to seeing 3-5% price increases on almost everything but this year we're seeing some big price jumps across the board on every single item we sell. Just to give you an example, friday I sold two items that carried a cost of $1,500.06 each in 2013, the cost in 2014 was $1,901.60 a 27% price increase. That 27% increase pretty muck sums up what we are seeing on everything. I know you picked a bag of Cheetos but take a bag of cookies at Walmart that was $2.50 last year, this year the same bag cost $2.97, you do the math.

So why do you do it?

That must be why you can't provide any credible data to prove me wrong.

Big fucking deal.

You are one lying dumb sumbitch.

You better get ready for that bag of Cheetos to go up even more, I do a lot of business with different mfg. corps. and and the price of everything is going up, we're not talking a "bit more" either. Everything I sell is absorbed by the manufactures of goods and passed along to consumers, I've been in business for around 20 years and this is getting plain crazy. Over the years I've gotten used to seeing 3-5% price increases on almost everything but this year we're seeing some big price jumps across the board on every single item we sell. Just to give you an example, friday I sold two items that carried a cost of $1,500.06 each in 2013, the cost in 2014 was $1,901.60 a 27% price increase. That 27% increase pretty muck sums up what we are seeing on everything. I know you picked a bag of Cheetos but take a bag of cookies at Walmart that was $2.50 last year, this year the same bag cost $2.97, you do the math.

20140326_food.png

It's bad and likely only going to get worse.

I hope that the economy is turning the corner.

I think for the sake of the country, we ALL do... but, it's hard to look at a .1% growth, an unemployment rate that is falling because people have stopped looking for jobs, and a stok market that has been successful because of the governments quantitative easing (printing new money and devalueing the currency)... and be able to buy the "spin".

I'm not optimistic for ALL the reasons above...

It is no different than the Conservative's utter white washing of George W. Bush's or Reagan's presidencies.

-NW

I hope that the economy is turning the corner.

It's not...jobs gained are lower paying and the average income has gone down.

Fewer people are in the workforce which means they are no longer counted as unemployed so they can paint a false smiley face on the unemployment rate.

"The drop in the unemployment rate from March’s 6.7 percent came as the agency’s survey of households showed the labor force shrank by more the 800,000 in April. The participation rate, which indicates the share of working-age people in the labor force, decreased to 62.8 percent, matching the lowest level since March 1978, from 63.2 percent a month earlier."

Growth fell to 0.1. There is no recovery. 800,000 left the workforce, There are no jobs. Prices are starting to rise. There is an inflation. The only reason the markets have risen is because of the fed. The markets are in a bubble. We could be on the verge of another recession.

Growth fell to 0.1. There is no recovery. 800,000 left the workforce, There are no jobs. Prices are starting to rise. There is an inflation. The only reason the markets have risen is because of the fed. The markets are in a bubble. We could be on the verge of another recession.

Well yeah, if you're gonna resort to truth.

When I was at the gas pumps, 1/2 filling one of the two tanks on my old F 150, I actually heard an voter say: "I voted for Obama, and I hope God can forgive me". I actually heard that. Now, when the evil Bush was behind the wheel, I could fill both tanks & the extra fuel cell. Go figure.

Well yeah, if you're gonna resort to truth.

When I was at the gas pumps, 1/2 filling one of the two tanks on my old F 150, I actually heard an voter say: "I voted for Obama, and I hope God can forgive me". I actually heard that. Now, when the evil Bush was behind the wheel, I could fill both tanks & the extra fuel cell. Go figure.

Well, maybe Obama should just wave his magic wand and drop the price of gas?