How's Negotiations Between Putin and Øbama Going?

I truly think that if NATO would show a little bit of backbone Putin would back off. This guy is a coward at heart. My idea is to conduct extended war games in Poland. As long as Putin interfears in Ukraniane politics we practice wartime readiness. After all, this crisis does threaten our new allies in eastern Europe. Sure the Russians will protest and accuse NATO of escalating the crisis, but so what? What are they gonna do? Go to war? I don't think so. If the Europeans had done this in France when Hitler reoccupied the Rhineland in 1936 WWII may never have happened. Hitler would have been made to look like a fool and quite possibly may have lost power.

The one thing that Putin fears is being made to look like he doesn't know what he is doing. Something that a lot of people don't know is that Russian politics are just as volatile as our own. Putin keeps a firm grip on the news media in Russia and tries to clamp down on dissent, but there is still a very vocal opposition to his policies. Perhaps if we ( NATO ) show them that we aren't going to just sit back and let 1939 happen all over again it would give them the push they need to dump this tin pot dictator and his puppet government.

By the way, has anybody else noticed that Putin is using Hitlers playbook for the annexation of Austria in the Ukraine? Remember what they say about history repeating itself.

Just my two cents.

I have to say that in this current situation Obama is not the best man to have in the Oval Office. He talks big when it comes to countries like Syria but a country like Russia with a REAL military scares him I think. Most of our best wartime Presidents have been democrats but that doesn't mean that Obama is a natural at it. Let's be real. He's playing the part of Neville Chamberlain right now. How long before he gets Putin to sign some sort of bogus treaty and then comes home waving his little piece of paper and saying "peace in our time"?

Hitlers playbook is working just fine for Putin right now. It's just a matter of time until he decides to "help the poor ethnic Russians" in the Ukraine. Just as Hitler wanted to help the "poor ethnic Germans" in Austria. The sooner Obama realizes that the better.

And I doubt if Hillary would do any better. But she's probably got bigger cajones than Obama. Putin wouldn't respect a woman though. Just the way it is, not trying to be a male chauvinist.

Putin is in too good a shape to be smokin doobies

Putin is n aggressiive neo-fascist dictator. The USA is not willing to confront that. And so...short of WW III ..we don't have much leverage. Policy..so far..is to make aggressive bad behanor, costly.

Putin is n aggressiive neo-fascist dictator. The USA is not willing to confront that. And so...short of WW III ..we don't have much leverage. Policy..so far..is to make aggressive bad behanor, costly.

We should at east llet Putin know we have raised the alert status of the missile defense shield in Poland to let him know we're serious - oh wait - Øbama cancelled the installation...nevermind...GPObqxe.jpg

As I said, Putin is a coward at heart. A show of force would cause him to back off. Cowards don't like to be confronted. I'm not saying we start WWIII I'm just saying that we let him know without any doubt that if he keeps it up he's in for an ass whoopin'. I can say without a doubt that he is not willing to have Russian troops killed for "ethnic Russians" in Ukraine. NATO is not Chechnya or Georgia. We can actually beat the Russians and Putin knows this.

Sanctions don't work. How many times did the Iranians back down because of sanctions? Or the North Koreans? Or the Iraqis? Sanctions are the west's way of saying "we don't really care about this so we will use this totally useless tactic because it's cheaper and safer than airstrikes and it makes us look good." Another thing about economic sanctions is that although money is imortant in the west it isn't as important to some loser dictator who will be just fine whether his people starve or not. Do you think Putin cares about the average Russian starving while he sits down to his five course meal in the Kremlin? Not likely.

Gotta face him down. It's the only way.

We just need to stay the course. Putin will blink.

Exactly what Chamberlain said about Hitler! I'm tellin' ya DLK, talk is cheap. And meanwhile Putin gets ready for the invasion he's been planning since this thing started! I give it a year until Putin acts.