Is it hate speech if God hates sin?

With all the talk about hate speech -- what about God?

Should we start talking about calling the bible what it is - a book that says in clear terms God hates all sin. That includes all sinners.

Yes, God hates all sin. Anyone with a clear mind cannot argue that point. Even the most dense cannot overlook ALL the examples in the bible - not the least of which is the utter destruction of almost every man woman and child on the planet for sin (Noah?).

So, what is the next logical step? If I believe in the bible (and I do) and the bible calls homosexuals sinners - when should I expect the government and the rest of the mob to show up at my door?

Will I get in trouble for my belief in God?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we start talking about calling the bible what it is - a book that says in clear terms God hates all sin. That includes all sinners.

Yes, God hates all sin. Anyone with a clear mind cannot argue that point. Even the most dense cannot overlook ALL the examples in the bible - not the least of which is the utter destruction of almost every man woman and child on the planet for sin (Noah?).

So, what is the next logical step? If I believe in the bible (and I do) and the bible calls homosexuals sinners - when should I expect the government and the rest of the mob to show up at my door?

The first thing you need to try & wrap your mind around is that God is not a human-like personage with human personality traits as you have been taught by fundamentalist Christianity.

God is different and so much more than that.

( I see you have over 7k posts ... but I haven't seen you much since I've been on here - have you been away somewhere?)

It is definitely coming to a point that you will be in trouble for your belief in God.

I have often wondered how Sodom and Gomorrah became so completely wicked that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, but the events in America over the past 50 years have shown how it can occur.

America has become a sickly racially divided nation where the economy is being destroyed.

All because the people loved the sins of homosexuality, adultery and drugs so much they rejected the warnings of God.

I bet Sodom and Gomorrah Daily News kept on advocated homosexuality, adultery and drugs right up to the end.

What does god say about racism?

God only makes a distinction as to Christian or Atheist.

The NAACP is the most racist organization that has ever existed.

It is definitely coming to a point that you will be in trouble for your belief in God.

I have often wondered how Sodom and Gomorrah became so completely wicked that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, but the events in America over the past 50 years have shown how it can occur.

America has become a sickly racially divided nation where the economy is being destroyed.

All because the people loved the sins of homosexuality, adultery and drugs so much they rejected the warnings of God.

I bet Sodom and Gomorrah Daily News kept on advocated homosexuality, adultery and drugs right up to the end.

God only makes a distinction as to Christian or Atheist.

The NAACP is the most racist organization that has ever existed.

Amen, and amen and AAAAAAmen!

I believe in a loving God, not a hateful God.

If one has Love in their heart ... that's all that's required to be with God.

hmmm....do you hate what hurts your kids, or do you love what hurts your kids. if the former, then you understand true love; if the latter, you do not give a damn about your kids.

there is no middle ground, but u will try to argue one

hmmm....do you hate what hurts your kids, or do you love what hurts your kids. if the former, then you understand true love; if the latter, you do not give a damn about your kids.

there is no middle ground, but u will try to argue one

My kid has the flu. Who or what should I be hating?

I thought Christianity is all about loving your enemies.

love the person. sin is that which seperates God from the person.

your analogy is hardly worth addressing

Love the person, hate the sin. Got it. I just wish everyone on this thread made that distinction.

So God loves all people, just not their sins? I can't say I approve of how he treats those he loves but then I don't have his perspective. When you're talking about eternity a guess a human lifetime is just a vaccination to us.

With all the talk about hate speech -- 1. what about God?

Yes, God hates all sin. 2.Anyone with a clear mind cannot argue that point. Even the most dense cannot overlook ALL the examples in the bible - not the least of which is the utter destruction of almost every man woman and child on the planet for sin (Noah?).

3 So, what is the next logical step? If I believe in the bible (and I do) and the bible calls homosexuals sinners - 4 when should I expect the government and the rest of the mob to show up at my door?

5 Will I get in trouble for my belief in God?

1. What about the concept of God? Allah? Karma? Mythology? theoretical sciences? Economics? Societal evolution? Understanding physical self containment?

2. What separates a brain from a mind?

3. Getting a complete vision of what real remains in plain sight. This philosophy of seeing is believing is obligitory in society, then what constitutes understanding self evident when real is considered something nobody knows completely?

4. Never forget when a citizen or member of an ideology enforcing social behavior as that "mindset" orders civic consciousness to perform saving symbolic values or else lose all rights to remain a member/citizen of that specific reality, you are part of a mob as well.

5. Absolutely, but not from me, your own acting/behavior denying what real is will destroy your social intentions.

Love the person, hate the sin. Got it. I just wish everyone on this thread made that distinction.

So God loves all people, just not their sins? I can't say I approve of how he treats those he loves but then I don't have his perspective. When you're talking about eternity a guess a human lifetime is just a vaccination to us.

how God treats ppl, or how other ppl do? Yes, i would wager God had a much different perspective than our obsessing over our skin.

how God treats ppl, or how other ppl do? Yes, i would wager God had a much different perspective than our obsessing over our skin.

I think God treats all his creations pretty badly. He seems more concerned with our genes than with our minds or hearts. Of course the only thing I know about Him is what other people tell me.

You have hit on the flaw in the "God loves everybody" church rant. How can God hate sin and at the same time love everybody?

There is no sin without the sinner.

It just makes no logical sense.

The bible has story after story of how God punished/killed those who sin. All you have to do is look at the cross to see what God thinks about sin. The cross is the puzzle that cannot be solved by those Christians that say God is love. If God loved Jesus - why did he have to go on the cross? Why not just say "EVERYBODY IS FORGIVEN !" and that is it?

I believe in a loving God, not a hateful God.

If one has Love in their heart ... that's all that's required to be with God.

Anyone can believe anything.

The bible however is a written word of God. You might believe you can use drugs to get high, for example, but the bible forbids it.

Without the written word to back up what you say you are just "believing" based on what you think - not what God has written.

"Love" in the heart will not get you saved.

Hell is a word that is in the bible 35 times. Just because you "believe" hell is not there does not make it disappear.

You have hit on the flaw in the "God loves everybody" church rant. How can God hate sin and at the same time love everybody?

There is no sin without the sinner.

It just makes no logical sense.

The bible has story after story of how God punished/killed those who sin. All you have to do is look at the cross to see what God thinks about sin. The cross is the puzzle that cannot be solved by those Christians that say God is love. If God loved Jesus - why did he have to go on the cross? Why not just say "EVERYBODY IS FORGIVEN !" and that is it?

love as defined as tolerance is the problem.

a parent who does not dicipline his or her child/ren, do not love them

The first thing you need to try & wrap your mind around is that God is not a human-like personage with human personality traits as you have been taught by fundamentalist Christianity.

God is different and so much more than that.

( I see you have over 7k posts ... but I haven't seen you much since I've been on here - have you been away somewhere?)

Been working 5 jobs since Obama was elected. Don't have a much time as I used to...

love as defined as tolerance is the problem.

a parent who does not dicipline his or her child/ren, do not love them

Not only that -- we see God has some sort of justice standard. Why this is so is because of what Poltical Mom pointed out - God is not human. God demands payment for sin. That is just the way God is - WHY is God that way? How could I know? I just know that is how God is - there must be a payment for sin. It really does not matter in the end WHY God is this way - that is just how God is...you can accept it or not but either way that is how God is...

What does it matter about the supposed beliefs of a non-existent construct of the human imagination?

None - if you are right.

Eternity in hell if you are wrong.

Do you have a gambling problem?