Magic Johnson wants to buy LA Clippers

A caller to Rush today said that Sterling was "set up."

Magic Johnson was one of the most vocal critics of Sterling.

And strangely, Johnson now wants to buy the Clippers.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone's not after you. :D

A caller to Rush today said that Sterling was "set up."

Magic Johnson was one of the most vocal critics of Sterling.

And strangely, Johnson now wants to buy the Clippers.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone's not after you. :D

It doesn't matter if he was set up or not. He was wrong and he got caught. That's the bottom line.

It doesn't matter if he was set up or not. He was wrong and he got caught. That's the bottom line.

Got caught doing what? It isn't illegal to be a racist.

The NBA is corrupt as hell. They tore away my Sonics in a disgusting dealing. They lied about the fanbase. They said we needed to upgrade the Colesieum. We did that and they were fine. They then said we had to build a new one. We were in the process of getting a deal done and they said FU and took them to a shithole like Oklahoma to a much smaller market because the new owner was friends with David Stern the former comish.

No the bottom line is its a private conversation. It shouldnt have become news. How far will this go. Does that mean I can tape you and ruin your life because of the way you think. Why have any conversations about race if this is what you get.

You are right. As wrong as it is to be a racist, you have to think a certain way to be in society? What if it was reversed. Someone caught you talking about equal rights for blacks. Your conversation was released to the public and you were fired for being a non-racist. This is the danger of group think. This is why 1984 and Farinheit 451 should be REQUIRED reading in high school. I read both and wrote an essay on 1984.

I gues it's all ok if we yell DO IT TO JULIA!

You are right. As wrong as it is to be a racist, you have to think a certain way to be in society? What if it was reversed. Someone caught you talking about equal rights for blacks. Your conversation was released to the public and you were fired for being a non-racist. This is the danger of group think. This is why 1984 and Farinheit 451 should be REQUIRED reading in high school. I read both and wrote an essay on 1984.

I gues it's all ok if we yell DO IT TO JULIA!

“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”

“But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.”

Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know what no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”

George Orwell, 1984

No the bottom line is its a private conversation. It shouldnt have become news. How far will this go. Does that mean I can tape you and ruin your life because of the way you think. Why have any conversations about race if this is what you get.

We can say whatever we want, but that doesn't mean there can't be consequences for things we say. We have freedom of speech. Our employers do as well, and they can punish us if they see fit. Some of you understand about 50% of what true freedom means.

Johnson: Aids infected whoremaster.

Well, now that was something..... :wacko:

We can say whatever we want, but that doesn't mean there can't be consequences for things we say. We have freedom of speech. Our employers do as well, and they can punish us if they see fit. Some of you understand about 50% of what true freedom means.

So it is ok to secretly record someone and release it to the media, to ruin their life over something they think? You are actually ok with this?

Well, now that was something..... :wacko:

So it is ok to secretly record someone and release it to the media, to ruin their life over something they think? You are actually ok with this?

Depends on state law....

Some both sides have to consent others just one party.....

Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know what no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”

George Orwell, 1984

Depends on state law....

Some both sides have to consent others just one party.....

George Orwell, 1984

That is in legal cases. This isn't a legal case. It is purley a public opinion issue.

Watch out people. You have the thought police now in your house or any where you have private conversations.

It's just a matter of being careful what you say and who you say it to. Donald Sterling should have never been fooling around with this young woman in the first place. I'm sure nobody in his group of family or friends would have turned on him like this for what he said in a private conversation. I don't approve of what this woman did, but Sterling has to accept some of the blame for his misery.

Johnson: Aids infected whoremaster.

A very wealthy AIDS infected whoremaster. :D

It's just a matter of being careful what you say and who you say it to. Donald Sterling should have never been fooling around with this young woman in the first place. I'm sure nobody in his group of family or friends would have turned on him like this for what he said in a private conversation. I don't approve of what this woman did, but Sterling has to accept some of the blame for his misery.

So this standard should be used against everyone?

A black NBA player should be expelled from the league if he expresses something offensive about whites, women, asians? About Christians? Jews?

Or anyone in public life can be personally and/or professionally ruined for offensive private comments?

That's not a society I would particularly want to live in.

Or the recording could have been edited to make him sound racist.

I doubt it...and Sterling has a bit of a track record on this issue.

A black NBA player should be expelled from the league if he expresses something offensive about whites, women, asians? About Christians? Jews?

Or anyone in public life can be personally and/or professionally ruined for offensive private comments?

Very good point...I don't have a dog in this fight, but you are right. This could open a huge can of worms.

Our prisons are full of people convicted because they had 'Private' conversations that were repeated to authorities.

Should we let them all out because those were 'Private' conversations?

Not likely to happen.

Very good point...I don't have a dog in this fight, but you are right. This could open a huge can of worms.

Absolutely. I'll bet NBA owners are far, far more cautious about what they say than athletes.

Lots of people would be ruined if this is the general standard we enforce fairly.

But of course, the liberal MSM would never be fair in its publicity. Try to find the last time anyone was ruined for smearing a Christian or a conservative.

Or the last time a liberal cared about it.

People who care about you would not record what you say and then use it against you. We all know people who say offensive things about others in private conversations. But we don't try to use their words against them. I guess what it comes down to is---make sure what you are saying is PRIVATE.

Has anyone here ever accidently said something negative about someone's family member or friend and was overheard saying it?

Me either. That's why I watch what I say. :)

Donald Sterling should have never been fooling around with this young woman in the first place.

...Sterling has to accept some of the blame for his misery.

You can play with fire but you'll get the bill !

Come on...do you really think a multi-millionaire is going to get upset over something like this dust up ?

He's probably enjoying every minute of it !

You can play with fire but you'll get the bill !

Come on...do you really think a multi-millionaire is going to get upset over something like this dust up ?

He's probably enjoying every minute of it !

He could be. Who knows?