Trimming the nations prison population

good, most of them are non-violent drug offenders who shouldn't be in prison in the first place.

I think, I heard something about something on early releases but am not sure if this what the thread is about.

If the GOV is letting non-violent drug offenders with minor cases that's fine with me.

They can make room...so the hardcore can do more time.

Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

PolitiMom...thank you for not shunning me BUT if you haven't learned that one plus one doesn't always equal two. I don't know what to tell you...other than that is a a stat ultraliberals throw around even tho they could never elaborate on it other than 1+1=2.

chimp.jpg

Good or bad?

Probably good for the most part,

At ages 16-20 kids are still learning about life, shouldn't be punished in prison for a couple of careless actions,

like smoking a joint or two, same with being caught drinking a beer.

This is a very bad idea. Then it is just another in a string of very bad ideas from BHO.

The reason some you complain that the US has more criminals locked up than any other country is because of the anti-drug laws. We as a nation and a people have decided to make the production, transportation, sale and use of most drugs against the law. Seeing how it has been estimated that 85% of all illegal drugs in the world are consumed by Americans, in other words, WE are the market, there will be lots of so called non-violent drug offenders in jail.

p.s., There is no such thing as a non-violent drug offender. Not even the occasional user.

This is a very bad idea. Then it is just another in a string of very bad ideas from BHO.

The reason some you complain that the US has more criminals locked up than any other country is because of the anti-drug laws. We as a nation and a people have decided to make the production, transportation, sale and use of most drugs against the law. Seeing how it has been estimated that 85% of all illegal drugs in the world are consumed by Americans, in other words, WE are the market, there will be lots of so called non-violent drug offenders in jail.

p.s., There is no such thing as a non-violent drug offender. Not even the occasional user.

I doubt the 85 % figure you state. But that Amerians use drugs significantly is accurate. But so what ? What do you care if some lost soul just wants to get high instead of living his or her life in misery ? They hurt no one else but themselves. As for the occasional user being a violent criminal, that's crazy.

But let's look at what the war on drugs has actually done to our country. Huge, bloated police departments, trampling on the rights of decent citizens, the constitutional flaunting DEA, drug gangs and cartels here and in Mexico, over crowded prison and clogged court calendars, $$$ billions spent for no positive result.

Drug abuse should be treated as a public health issue. For a fraction of the current cost, we could insure that durg addicts use clean equipment, thereby cutting back on transmittable diseases. They could even be given their drugs at cost, accompianied by counseling and rehab programs. Let's usse our police to fight and stop crime. Not to lock up druggies in private prisons.

band drugs ban them all from alcohol to aspirin . prescription or not . if it can be abused . ban it . sound like a republican don't I ? 777 is full of sh!t the people didn't ban anything congress was bought out to ban substance that compete with corporations or some like in alcohol by religious zealots

In most states this will not happen. There is too much of a job shortage, and our military is being pulled back.

I have noticed in Georgia they will make up things and arrest you.

Here they will do things to make sure you stay in jail.

Here in Georgia you will be hidden in they system.

Here in Georgia jail is the new big business and they must keep it going. Too many palms to grease.

Here in Georgia the Repulbicans rule.

No. A certain percentage will wind up back in jail. Some of these recidivists will go back for violent crimes. More guns will be purchased by law abiding citizens just for this one issue. Oblameo has done wonders for the gun industry. I will buy more ammo.

If the states want to let folks out.....let the states do it.

1000 days from now, Barry will have to get out of the White House......

What we could do to make room in prisons is execute all the lifers and death row folks tomorrow.....

Might be suprised to find if the bad dudes are gonna get offed becasue of space, they might put the word out to the homies to let up on the crime for a while :)

In most states this will not happen. There is too much of a job shortage, and our military is being pulled back.

I have noticed in Georgia they will make up things and arrest you.

Here they will do things to make sure you stay in jail.

Here in Georgia you will be hidden in they system.

Here in Georgia jail is the new big business and they must keep it going. Too many palms to grease.

Here in Georgia the Repulbicans rule.

You sure they aren't doing it to produce revenue?

After the amnesty someone every day will post a story on one of the amnesty dopes getting put back in prison. Most will be turned out back into the hood. The hood will suffer more. More drugs, more crime. Gun grabbers will start calling for more laws. More people will buy their first gun. I will buy more ammo.