The Brainwashing of My Dad

anukulardecider

It's a type of psychological warfare, it is devastating to the unprincipled mind which doesn't have any by which to support them. And with pseudo principles the collapse even hastens the fall into perception distortion.

If you look at the JFK assassination tape, the public was deluged with photographs showing people ducking and running so everyone assumed that was happening as the shooting was occurring that by the time the when the film was released to the general public that it was so engrained into everyone's mind that there where a number of gunshots that the obvious becomes clearly obscure.

Look at the pictures, check out the film. Where do you see anyone react to the 'gunshots'. Nobody flinched, It wasn't till after the fatal head wound in the Zapruder film that one guy hits the ground, now two people might not see the same thing but two people would hear the same gunshot. Those around him didn't perceive what the where seeing, just stood there in unawares. Even Zapruder didn't flinch.

jfk5.jpg

jfk00461.jpg

jfk4.jpg

nix1-seq103-e1397264492615.jpg

jfk0048.jpg

The trailer.

I'd like to know what the cure is.

I think the condition is called senility. If listening to someone on the radio can make a kind, compassionate, humane individual turn into a bigoted, racist/white supremist then that person had some real issues to begin with. Trying to convince non-white people that a racist man or woman on the radio is the reason for the existence of many racist/white supremacist is not gonna work.

I'd like to know what the cure is.

Many ask the same question. So far, a workable cure hasn't been discovered. But sometimes the afflicted will experience a spontaneous remission.

It's a type of psychological warfare, it is devastating to the unprincipled mind which doesn't have any by which to support them. And with pseudo principles the collapse even hastens the fall into perception distortion.

They are conditioned to:

1 - Hate the group(s) to which one does not belong. (divide and conquer).

2 - Believe/preach an ideology of self-sufficiency while in reality, depending on government. (cognitive dissonance).

3 - Identify with the ultra-rich with fantasies of attaining privilege and power. (delusions of grandeur).

4 - Trust in ideology and dismiss reality-based evidence in conflict with ideology. (perception distortion).

Among the ordinary people vulnerable to present-day right wing conditioning:---

~ The uneducated more than the educated. "The unprincipled mind".

~ The unquestioning fundamentally religious more than the rest of the population.

~ Borderline to full blown sociopaths more than the socially aware.

Many ask the same question. So far, a workable cure hasn't been discovered. But sometimes the afflicted will experience a spontaneous remission.

They are conditioned to:

1 - Hate the group(s) to which one does not belong. (divide and conquer).

2 - Believe/preach an ideology of self-sufficiency while in reality, depending on government. (cognitive dissonance).

3 - Identify with the ultra-rich with fantasies of attaining privilege and power. (delusions of grandeur).

4 - Trust in ideology and dismiss reality-based evidence in conflict with ideology. (perception distortion).

Among the ordinary people vulnerable to present-day right wing conditioning:---

~ The uneducated more than the educated. "The unprincipled mind".

~ The unquestioning fundamentally religious more than the rest of the population.

~ Borderline to full blown sociopaths more than the socially aware.

Very interesting insight, but on one point if I may, I am not so sure that it is any conditioning but rather is the nature of the human condition that defines everything as either being this or being that.

Here is something I had heard about the either/or perspective and I can't recall the source, but it was something to the effect ;

If everything is either/or then there is neither error nor truth in casting out everything except anything that is for what you hold as your 'or' yet

'Either' be prepared for 'or' be prepared for 'either' because 'neither' is your adversary 'nor' is against you.

It was an interpretation of the Book of Psalms 139:22-24. This might be a little to deep for some but the bottom line is some either have faith or they don't but honesty is respected by all.

Very interesting insight, but on one point if I may, I am not so sure that it is any conditioning but rather is the nature of the human condition that defines everything as either being this or being that.

This is the type of idea exchange which could never occur in NHB.

IMO, many aspects of the human condition change with cultural progress. Much of our "culture wars" involve the politics of inclusion Vs. exclusion. Ideology is key. People are born with strong emotions but which are most expressed and which are more inhibited is determined by culturally inculcated ideology or conditioning.

People are capable of identifying with a small group and seeing the rest of the world as "other"; Or oppositely, they can identify with all of humankind.... And everything in between.

More to your point; It gets complicated when those of us who care about all of society are confronted with groups which are insular and exclusive.... Then those groups tend to become our "other".

Here is something I had heard about the either/or perspective and I can't recall the source, but it was something to the effect ;

If everything is either/or then there is neither error nor truth in casting out everything except anything that is for what you hold as your 'or' yet

'Either' be prepared for 'or' be prepared for 'either' because 'neither' is your adversary 'nor' is against you.

It was an interpretation of the Book of Psalms 139:22-24. This might be a little to deep for some but the bottom line is some either have faith or they don't but honesty is respected by all.

I see a Liberal meaning in the passage. It's saying that there is really no difference between either/or and neither/nor. It's a message of inclusion.

My faith extends only to the scientifically demonstrable; Some of that is fundamental and some is always changing with new experimentation and discovery. All the sciences are in their infancy but it's the only way we can really know reality.

As yet Political Science deals largely with interrelationships and dynamics and not root causes. For now, political sentiment remains a matter of opinion.

This is the type of idea exchange which could never occur in NHB.

The desire for knowledge creates passion and if someone disagrees with their opinion, it fires them up. Once I stepped back and begin to reason, I was able to come to the knowledge that I didn't know squat, then I finally knew something that nobody can take away. :blink:

It is much the same with my brother. For a few years back in the nineties he had a job where he would commute about thirty miles to and from work. that's when he discovered Rush Limbaugh. It wasn't long after that when he decided that Fox News was the only trustworthy source of "news" to be had on the cable news metworks. ( Personally, I don't trust any of these corporate owned "news" outlets. Rachel Maddow is just as bad as Bill O. Diferent sides of the same coin. ) Needless to say whenever we discuss politics it usually ends up with him quoting Fox News sources which are usually so biased as to not be funny. And when I tell him this he counters with MORE Fox News quotes that insist that Fox News is not biased. These discussions usually end up with one or the other of us leaving the room before things get too heated. These days I try to avoid politics when we talk because I just don't have the energy to deal with the brainwashing anymore.