Siale Angailu shot dead in Federal Court

Oh, happy days for me. Always enjoy an unexpected gift! Recently in a SLC Federal Courthouse, Angailu, on trial for gang intimidation, attempted to attack a witness with a pen within full view of the Judge, jury and entire courthouse, unhandcuffed (normal procedure). A Federal Officer unloaded his weapon into the chest of Angailu, killing him. Do you think the killing was justified?

F U Oblunder. Any wagers that this perp came here illegally? F#%K immigration reform.

I think there are a great many police officers that are just looking for an excuse to kill someone. This type of person is attracted to a career in law enforcement where they can kill people with a greatly reduced risk of being prosecuted for murder. I have no way of knowing if this is what happened in this instance, but it seams a bit extreme to me to shoot someone full of lead for attacking with a pen.

The other significant possibility is that the U.S. Marshal was just a women. Most women lack that physical capacity to restrain a strong male opponent so they just shoot instead. Sucks to get shot because of affirmative action.

In any event Siale Angilau sounds like a violent turd who deserved the justice he received.

Oh, happy days for me. Always enjoy an unexpected gift! Recenutly in a SLC Federal Courthouse, Angailu, on trial for gang intimidation, attempted to attack a witness with a pen within full view of the Judge, jury and entire courthouse, unhandcuffed (normal procedure). A Federal Officer unloaded his weapon into the chest of Angailu, killing him. Do you think the killing was justified?

F U Oblunder. Any wagers that this perp came here illegally? F#%K immigration reform.

his civil rights were violated. his chillen were deprived of income. Safer bullets should have used. there are condom-encased bullets readily available on the market, and not used by the thugish police officer who shot down a minority in cold blood like a racist wpuld

I think there are a great many police officers that are just looking for an excuse to kill someone. This type of person is attracted to a career in law enforcement where they can kill people with a greatly reduced risk of being prosecuted for murder. I have no way of knowing if this is what happened in this instance, but it seams a bit extreme to me to shoot someone full of lead for attacking with a pen.

The other significant possibility is that the U.S. Marshal was just a women. Most women lack that physical capacity to restrain a strong male opponent so they just shoot instead. Sucks to get shot because of affirmative action.

In any event Siale Angilau sounds like a violent turd who deserved the justice he received.

Although I am not a police officer, I have known many. If you were an officer, you would know that most officers fear killing someone nearly as much as being killed themselves. Not just because of the PTSD which often follows, but the emotionally grueling investigation and scrutiny which follows. It is a heart-pounding immediate decision for them. I can assure you, a minority of officers, if any, enjoy killing someone. Also, hardened criminals know exactly where to sink a pen-in an eye, or major artery in the neck. I know of this actually happening to an officer. The Officer in the court may have had to act fast before the perp could make contact with the witness. He/she may have not had the time to apprehend him before the contact was made. I would be on my knees thanking the officer if I was that young witness.

I agree with you that Angilau deserved the justice he received.

his civil rights were violated. his chillen were deprived of income. Safer bullets should have used. there are condom-encased bullets readily available on the market, and not used by the thugish police officer who shot down a minority in cold blood like a racist wpuld

Of course...the poor soul! :D

Do you think the killing was justified?

Not sure it was necessary & safe to unload a whole clip on the defendant BUT after reading his rap sheet, I'd say he got what his hand called for.

SiiyaSlarebil...if I was the copper...I'd rather have it in my mind that I killed a criminal because of my actions rather than a witness (who I am there to protect) is now blind in one eye because of my inaction.

I remember reading in the Philly newspaper this guy robbed and shot someone that he knew. When the coppers cornered him, he pointed his gun at the cops so they shot him like 30 times. The criminals sister (and I can't believe the newspaper printed this) said afterwards...he didn't deserve to die, the cops could have shot to wound him. Dat a beech & ho dat watch to much TV !

Not sure it was necessary & safe to unload a whole clip on the defendant BUT after reading his rap sheet, I'd say he got what his hand called for.

SiiyaSlarebil...if I was the copper...I'd rather have it in my mind that I killed a criminal because of my actions rather than a witness (who I am there to protect) is now blind in one eye because of my inaction.

I remember reading in the Philly newspaper this guy robbed and shot someone that he knew. When the coppers cornered him, he pointed his gun at the cops so they shot him like 30 times. The criminals sister (and I can't believe the newspaper printed this) said afterwards...he didn't deserve to die, the cops could have shot to wound him. Dat a beech & ho dat watch to much TV !

Ditto!

Although I am not a police officer, I have known many. If you were an officer, you would know that most officers fear killing someone nearly as much as being killed themselves. Not just because of the PTSD which often follows, but the emotionally grueling investigation and scrutiny which follows. It is a heart-pounding immediate decision for them. I can assure you, a minority of officers, if any, enjoy killing someone. Also, hardened criminals know exactly where to sink a pen-in an eye, or major artery in the neck. I know of this actually happening to an officer. The Officer in the court may have had to act fast before the perp could make contact with the witness. He/she may have not had the time to apprehend him before the contact was made. I would be on my knees thanking the officer if I was that young witness.

I have also know many police officers.

Some of them pursue a career in law enforcement out of a genuine desire to improve society. Some of them become police officers as they enjoy the power, they are bullies, and a small minority actually want to see what it is like to kill people and do exactly that at the first opportunity. FBI national crime data for law enforcement officers show the cops commit murders at a rate of 5.7 per 100,000 which is higher than the general population and police officer kill other people, "justified homicides", at a much greater rate than that.

In America, law enforcement is a dishonest profession. Police officers are trained to deceive people, suspects, in order to get evidence for probable cause searchers, arrests, and confessions. "I can't help you unless you are honest with me and talk with me", as if the officer has any objective other than making an arrest. Lying becomes a habitual expedient and it is not at all uncommon for law enforcement to lie under oath on the stand. If a police officer was truly motivated by a desire to help a suspect, he would tell him to shut his mouth and not to talk to anyone other than his attorney, not to consent to any searches, and that if he opens his mouth he is only going to take himself into a jail cell.

If I was that young witness, I would be cursing the courts for not allowing me to carry my concealed handgun while giving testimony and making me dependent on a police officer for my own safety. I, as a free man, certainly would never be on my knees thanking any police officer for anything, or any other man. You might feel compelled to kneel before others all the time, but I certainly do not.

I have also know many police officers.

Some of them pursue a career in law enforcement out of a genuine desire to improve society. Some of them become police officers as they enjoy the power, they are bullies, and a small minority actually want to see what it is like to kill people and do exactly that at the first opportunity. FBI national crime data for law enforcement officers show the cops commit murders at a rate of 5.7 per 100,000 which is higher than the general population and police officer kill other people, "justified homicides", at a much greater rate than that.

In America, law enforcement is a dishonest profession. Police officers are trained to deceive people, suspects, in order to get evidence for probable cause searchers, arrests, and confessions. "I can't help you unless you are honest with me and talk with me", as if the officer has any objective other than making an arrest. Lying becomes a habitual expedient and it is not at all uncommon for law enforcement to lie under oath on the stand. If a police officer was truly motivated by a desire to help a suspect, he would tell him to shut his mouth and not to talk to anyone other than his attorney, not to consent to any searches, and that if he opens his mouth he is only going to take himself into a jail cell.

If I was that young witness, I would be cursing the courts for not allowing me to carry my concealed handgun while giving testimony and making me dependent on a police officer for my own safety. I, as a free man, certainly would never be on my knees thanking any police officer for anything, or any other man. You might feel compelled to kneel before others all the time, but I certainly do not.

re your comments about the witness...when we are seen as victims, eventually, we will be victimized by our alleged protectors.

and we are increasingly "there"