Democratic politicians should be proud of Obamacare

Democratic politicians should be proud of Obamacare and

throw republican whining and wailing and yapping and criticizing

back into their faces.

Before Obamacare, poor and uninsured people were forced to

go to the emergency rooms. And doctors and hospitals and

technicians and nurses did NOT get paid for their work and efforts.

Now, with Obamacare, doctors and hospitals, etc., get paid instead

of the costs being passed on to people with insurance.

Before Obamacare, if you had a skinned knee when you fell off

your bike as a child, insurance companies would deny you coverage

because you had a pre-existing condition.

Now, insurance companies can not deny you coverage or refuse

to sell you insurance.

So, now you know why repukes hate Obama (besides them being

racists, greedy, ass hole MFs.)

republicans are bought and bribed by insurance companies which

used to steal premiums and refuse to pay claims and only wanted

to insure perfectly healthy people.

Face it, republicans are ass holes hating the poor, the American workers,

women, homosexuals, blacks, mexicans - everyone but the ass hole

white, phony chrisitans like republicans.

"Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-MA) told the Boston Herald last week Obamacare will cost Democrats dearly in the upcoming midterm elections."

"Even as Mr. Obama announced that eight million Americans had enrolled in the program and urged Democrats to embrace the law, those in his party are running from it rather than on it," reported the Times."

"According to the RealClearPolitics average of polls, after four years of Obamacare, fewer than 40% of Americans now support the health care overhaul."

The ACA approved in 2010 is only now beginning to be fully implemented. That gave opponents 4 years to lie and demagogue. And against a 100 million dollars worth of attack ads paid for by the mega-wealthy we are up to 40%. Great news. The horror stories are drying up,unless you make them up. The positive stories are just starting. I like the trend line.

The ACA approved in 2010 is only now beginning to be fully implemented. That gave opponents 4 years to lie and demagogue. And against a 100 million dollars worth of attack ads paid for by the mega-wealthy we are up to 40%. Great news. The horror stories are drying up,unless you make them up. The positive stories are just starting. I like the trend line.

Here's the problem with your logic...

#1 Dems up for election this fall are running from Obama and the ACA.

#2 One thing politicians can't spin is when a law hits people at home and in the wallets.

"That gave opponents 4 years to lie and demagogue."

How do you feel about Obama lying to people that if they like their plan & doctor they could keep it. Period!

Democratic politicians should be proud of Obamacare and

throw republican whining and wailing and yapping and criticizing

back into their faces.

Before Obamacare, poor and uninsured people were forced to

go to the emergency rooms. And doctors and hospitals and

technicians and nurses did NOT get paid for their work and efforts.

Now, with Obamacare, doctors and hospitals, etc., get paid instead

of the costs being passed on to people with insurance.

Before Obamacare, if you had a skinned knee when you fell off

your bike as a child, insurance companies would deny you coverage

because you had a pre-existing condition.

Now, insurance companies can not deny you coverage or refuse

to sell you insurance.

So, now you know why repukes hate Obama (besides them being

racists, greedy, ass hole MFs.)

republicans are bought and bribed by insurance companies which

used to steal premiums and refuse to pay claims and only wanted

to insure perfectly healthy people.

Face it, republicans are ass holes hating the poor, the American workers,

women, homosexuals, blacks, mexicans - everyone but the ass hole

white, phony chrisitans like republicans.

I like your entire post except the third part, Mister William. We don't have to be ugly to people in order to have a discussion with them. Let's try & take the high road, shall we? Come and let's walk together on it. I'm sure there are many others who will walk with us.

Here's the problem with your logic...

#1 Dems up for election this fall are running from Obama and the ACA.

#2 One thing politicians can't spin is when a law hits people at home and in the wallets.

"That gave opponents 4 years to lie and demagogue."

How do you feel about Obama lying to people that if they like their plan & doctor they could keep it. Period!

Here is the problem with your view. #1 6 months is an eternity in politics. And that is changing. Many Dems now see the polls turning around. #2 Annual health care costs increase the lowest in 50 years. Spin that. Is a statement that is 90% true a lie,because it is 10% false? National Health Care system is what we progressives wanted. Everyone pays in ,everyone is covered. This compromise(ACA) is because your party would not allow private insurers to have their heads taken out of the trough. Period!

Here is the problem with your view. #1 6 months is an eternity in politics. And that is changing. Many Dems now see the polls turning around. #2 Annual health care costs increase the lowest in 50 years. Spin that. Is a statement that is 90% true a lie,because it is 10% false? National Health Care system is what we progressives wanted. Everyone pays in ,everyone is covered. This compromise(ACA) is because your party would not allow private insurers to have their heads taken out of the trough. Period!

Agreed, Mister Badger. 100%.

It's your story...tell it however you want. :)

If Obamacare is so good...why all the exemptions?

Here's one list...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2900475/posts

It's your story...tell it however you want. :)

If Obamacare is so good...why all the exemptions?

Here's one list...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2900475/posts

The ACA is us getting some of what we want,and you getting some of what you want. A compromise,and as such both sides dissatisfied. But 52 votes in the House to repeal and replace with nothing is enough already. As long as you keep pushing the President to the wall he can't support needed changes. But you don't care about that ,you only want your issue. And I can see why, you don't have any other issues that the American people will support.

The ACA is us getting some of what we want,and you getting some of what you want. A compromise,and as such both sides dissatisfied. But 52 votes in the House to repeal and replace with nothing is enough already. As long as you keep pushing the President to the wall he can't support needed changes. But you don't care about that ,you only want your issue. And I can see why, you don't have any other issues that the American people will support.

A voice of reason!

You should come on here more often Mister Badger. I'm starting to get really weary of the libertarian keyboard commandos who are seeming to kind of dominate this board.

A voice of reason!

You should come on here more often Mister Badger. I'm starting to get really weary of the libertarian keyboard commandos who are seeming to kind of dominate this board.

Thanks PM and Happy Easter. P.S. I was a mod on this site years ago and see the same old cons. They never seem to tire of lib-bashing. But I grow tired of them using their own facts,then hitting you on the head with them. So I have to take the forum in little doses to preserve my sanity.

I like your entire post except the third part, Mister William. We don't have to be ugly to people in order to have a discussion with them. Let's try & take the high road, shall we? Come and let's walk together on it. I'm sure there are many others who will walk with us.

I agree, no need to be nasty. There will be some that will walk with you the question is how many, I think it will be an overall negative issue for Dems. If you think the number of positives associated with the ACA outweigh the negatives I say run with it but be prepared for the consequences. While there are some nice little success stories associated with the law there's some nasty truths that don't get near the amount of press but none the less still exist as facts. Don't forget the fact that the ACA was created for about 10% of the American population and many of those folks are not as happy as you may think. I have a freind who recently began dating a single mother of two who is self-employed, for some reason he thought I might be able to provide advice concerning her need to become compliant with the law, my advice was to go to the NHE. Here's what she found, not eligible for a subsidy because she made just above the income level, $352 a month for a Bronze policy with a $6K deductable, quite a load to carry for this single mother of two who was doing good just to get by. While I agree she needs to cover her family I also understand the reality she is facing, this will change her lifestyle, she certainly wasn't happy to find out what the $6K deductable meant. Yes, if one of your children breaks his foot and you recieve a hospital bill for $5,999 you will have to pay that bill, not the insurance company, if happens again the next year it will still be your bill. My wife is school teacher, how did the ACA effect her and her fellow teachers, as far as they're concerned in the pocketbook. The policy prices are continuing to rise and most of them are now finding themselves stuck with having to switch to the Bronze policy which is also rising by leaps and bounds as far as price goes, 2012 Bronze plan cost $352.42 per month, 2013 price $538.02, 2014 price $658.70. A recent study in California reports that people who already had coverage and don't qualify for subsidies should expect their rates to increase 30% to cover the cost of bringing 13 million uninsured Americans into the market and expanding plan benefits to meet the laws minimum standards.

I agree, no need to be nasty. There will be some that will walk with you the question is how many, I think it will be an overall negative issue for Dems. If you think the number of positives associated with the ACA outweigh the negatives I say run with it but be prepared for the consequences. While there are some nice little success stories associated with the law there's some nasty truths that don't get near the amount of press but none the less still exist as facts. Don't forget the fact that the ACA was created for about 10% of the American population and many of those folks are not as happy as you may think. I have a freind who recently began dating a single mother of two who is self-employed, for some reason he thought I might be able to provide advice concerning her need to become compliant with the law, my advice was to go to the NHE. Here's what she found, not eligible for a subsidy because she made just above the income level, $352 a month for a Bronze policy with a $6K deductable, quite a load to carry for this single mother of two who was doing good just to get by. While I agree she needs to cover her family I also understand the reality she is facing, this will change her lifestyle, she certainly wasn't happy to find out what the $6K deductable meant. Yes, if one of your children breaks his foot and you recieve a hospital bill for $5,999 you will have to pay that bill, not the insurance company, if happens again the next year it will still be your bill. My wife is school teacher, how did the ACA effect her and her fellow teachers, as far as they're concerned in the pocketbook. The policy prices are continuing to rise and most of them are now finding themselves stuck with having to switch to the Bronze policy which is also rising by leaps and bounds as far as price goes, 2012 Bronze plan cost $352.42 per month, 2013 price $538.02, 2014 price $658.70. A recent study in California reports that people who already had coverage and don't qualify for subsidies should expect their rates to increase 30% to cover the cost of bringing 13 million uninsured Americans into the market and expanding plan benefits to meet the laws minimum standards.

Hello, Mister PokerGuy.

I actually am not a big fan of the ACA, so I'm not too surprised at you facts and figures (however accurate they may or may-not be) I support nationalized health care ala Canada, UK, etc.

Hello, Mister PokerGuy.

I actually am not a big fan of the ACA, so I'm not too surprised at you facts and figures (however accurate they may or may-not be) I support nationalized health care ala Canada, UK, etc.

ala Canada indeed. And the rest of the industrialized world. Yeah we have it right and the rest of the world has it wrong. Like guns.

Hello, Mister PokerGuy.

As far as "my" figures are concerned I assure you that they are accurate, I can't vouch for the California study. I think few would disagree as far as healthcare and policy rates are concerned something needed to be done, the ACA wasn't the answer, as to whether it should have been national healthcare or not we may someday get the answer to that because I doubt the ACA will ever really fix or even control the most glaring problem which is cost and when reality sets in I believe we will all end up with an inferior product with an even more expensive price tag. In my opinion the ACA is nothing more than fuel for a fire that was already burning out of control. So many people think the ACA has put constraints on the health insurance industry but they are actually licking their chops, they came out smelling like a rose, how can they lose, the answer is , NEVER. Oh how will they ever survive by having to spend 80% on policy holders, my guess is very well, in fact they will florish, after all who played the biggest part in writing the law in the first place? While William1444 urges Democrats to be proud of the ACA and in fact run on that platform I contend that it's not as if they have a choice because they own it, good or bad, it's theirs. I believe the bad news for the Dems will be that they couldn't leave bad enough alone and instead took the route of making bad enough worse, it will cost them in the upcoming elections with the MAJORITY of voters.

As far as "my" figures are concerned I assure you that they are accurate, I can't vouch for the California study. I think few would disagree as far as healthcare and policy rates are concerned something needed to be done, the ACA wasn't the answer, as to whether it should have been national healthcare or not we may someday get the answer to that because I doubt the ACA will ever really fix or even control the most glaring problem which is cost and when reality sets in I believe we will all end up with an inferior product with an even more expensive price tag. In my opinion the ACA is nothing more than fuel for a fire that was already burning out of control. So many people think the ACA has put constraints on the health insurance industry but they are actually licking their chops, they came out smelling like a rose, how can they lose, the answer is , NEVER. Oh how will they ever survive by having to spend 80% on policy holders, my guess is very well, in fact they will florish, after all who played the biggest part in writing the law in the first place? While William1444 urges Democrats to be proud of the ACA and in fact run on that platform I contend that it's not as if they have a choice because they own it, good or bad, it's theirs. I believe the bad news for the Dems will be that they couldn't leave bad enough alone and instead took the route of making bad enough worse, it will cost them in the upcoming elections with the MAJORITY of voters.

Have you looked at the health cost curve; it is actually starting to flatten out. After 50 years in one direction. I will not be lectured to about how well the insurance companies are doing lecture the GOP that would not allow them to be killed off.

The ACA passed without a single Republican vote. Democrats wrote and voted for the bill. There was no compromise. Democrats got exactly what they wanted.

Democrats own it. They didn't read it and admit that. The GOP should stay away from the "FIX IT" GOP has already buried some fixes in a bill oblameo signed. Fixing the mess will only help the dems. Wait until after the election, see what happens, and then hard negotiate for a fix. If GOP cannot negotiate real reform the let the law stand. The real problems start after the election. The employer mandate and other onerous parts of the law have been put off until then by oblameo. Healthcare experts predict MILLIONS will be thrown onto the exchanges. Let it happen and blame it on the dems in the warmup for 2016.

There is no High Road here, it was based on lies and obama mislead the nation to get this horrible control bill passed

Democrats own it. They didn't read it and admit that. The GOP should stay away from the "FIX IT" GOP has already buried some fixes in a bill oblameo signed. Fixing the mess will only help the dems. Wait until after the election, see what happens, and then hard negotiate for a fix. If GOP cannot negotiate real reform the let the law stand. The real problems start after the election. The employer mandate and other onerous parts of the law have been put off until then by oblameo. Healthcare experts predict MILLIONS will be thrown onto the exchanges. Let it happen and blame it on the dems in the warmup for 2016.

GOP should not fix it or offer up solutions let the dems drown under oblowme care

Have you looked at the health cost curve; it is actually starting to flatten out. After 50 years in one direction. I will not be lectured to about how well the insurance companies are doing lecture the GOP that would not allow them to be killed off.

Great news, we should actually begin to see the savings soon, it's not going to happen but you keep telling yourself whatever makes you happy. You look up the California study related to actual real life and you'll see they predict a 30% increase which is pretty much what I've seen myself.