Quality of American Made Products Is In The Toilet

My new ( 13 months old ) Admiral clothes dryer failed one month past warranty. In comes the Admiral Swat team. A blown fuse ( in the dryer ). $20.00 and another $250. for another year bumper to bumper. See, the fuse in the electrical service dryer branch box was not enough to keep me safe. Nice to know someone is lookin out for me. Oh yeah, three days ago, it failed again. They had to Fedx the part to me, because they couldn't find a service man in my area who had that part on the truck. Now, my ancient RCA washer & dryer ( 30 years old & still working when I got rid of them ) looked like they went through the mill ( but they still worked ). The washer's gear case leaked oil for 5 years & it still worked. I didn't even know RCA made washers & dryers, but I had them. Anyway; I am thankful ( at least hopeful ) Admiral doesn't manufacture medical equipment.

How about Americans start producing being honest behavior. Defending truths invented by malcontents to become royalty demanding loyalty be supplied by those knowing reality is ficticious has brought this species to the brink of total self destruction.

hate America much?

I suppose to compete with the foreign garbage, concessions must be made when it comes to quality. I should have kept the ancient RCAs, just had to squirt in some oil & empty the oil drip pan every 4 or 5 months.

I suppose to compete with the foreign garbage, concessions must be made when it comes to quality. I should have kept the ancient RCAs, just had to squirt in some oil & empty the oil drip pan every 4 or 5 months.

If you had a brain you would join progressives who want to initiate protectionism to some degree while at the same time use tax income to create start-ups so we can make the stuff here so that someday in the future most of what you buy is made here.

End result would be many more higher paying jobs for everybody...unfortunately all repubs are against it and about half the dems are too, the ones bought off by wall street like Obama to some extent

If you had a brain you would join progressives who want to initiate protectionism to some degree while at the same time use tax income to create start-ups so we can make the stuff here so that someday in the future most of what you buy is made here.

End result would be many more higher paying jobs for everybody...unfortunately all repubs are against it and about half the dems are too, the ones bought off by wall street like Obama to some extent

So you are on the team global progressives maintaining humanity's laws that rule social behavior as they see it should be done in order for them to stay in charge of organized denial and orchestrating chaos.

I go to extremes to find products Made In The USA.

Just bought 4 pair of Made In USA Texas jeans - sale was about .$20.00 . Four pair or more - free delivery. Triple stitched - boot cut - five pocket - heavy denim. Can't beat em. Even the belt loops are heavy.

The future we need existed 40 - 50 years ago. How did we ever lose that? Here's how - FECKIN GREED !!! Manufacture it as cheaply as possible & sell it for as much as possible.

• The motto of Packard Automobiles was: " Ask the man who drives one". That was it. Easily the same quality as Rolls Royce; as was the Auburn - the Pierce Arrow - the Duesenberg - the Graham Page - the Cord, and the list of superb American engineered automobiles stretches to the horizon. Now, we build shiit. The magical era was the 20s & the 30s. The Tucker ( late 40s ) was an exception, & was miles ahead of it's time, & every manufacturer stole designs from Tucker. Padded dash - disc brakes - pop out windscreens - fuel injection - seat harnesses - air cooled engine.

1948 TUCKER - Laubly

I'm not 100% about the fuel injection.

Sadly, because so few Tuckers were produced, the data on how well they would protect the occupants in a crash is severely limited. We know, that when a car rolled on the test track at around 100 MPH, the driver escaped with only a bruised elbow, and the car was able to be driven away under its own power.

My new ( 13 months old ) Admiral clothes dryer failed one month past warranty. In comes the Admiral Swat team. A blown fuse ( in the dryer ). $20.00 and another $250. for another year bumper to bumper. See, the fuse in the electrical service dryer branch box was not enough to keep me safe. Nice to know someone is lookin out for me. Oh yeah, three days ago, it failed again. They had to Fedx the part to me, because they couldn't find a service man in my area who had that part on the truck. Now, my ancient RCA washer & dryer ( 30 years old & still working when I got rid of them ) looked like they went through the mill ( but they still worked ). The washer's gear case leaked oil for 5 years & it still worked. I didn't even know RCA made washers & dryers, but I had them. Anyway; I am thankful ( at least hopeful ) Admiral doesn't manufacture medical equipment.

Call up a service tech from India! See if he'll come out and fix it.

Are you sure your Admiral is US made? I kinda doubt it!

For sure - I don't really know. I actually took the dealers word on that - made in USA. Now, I won't rest until I find out - I may have law suit in the wings.

India - Indians. Hmmmmm. Well, when my wife came home from the hospital, she was too foggy to really use the PC; but ended up agreeing to a life time PC service contract ( $2,400.+ ). Took me about two weeks to get the money back. A US site, but the Indian on the phone was adamant about the lifetime of PC care. I told him, if I located him, he would need a life time of medical care. Finally did locate the office & told them I knew where they were & was about to contact "We Break Knees Are Us". Next day, the money was back

India - Indians. Hmmmmm. Well, when my wife came home from the hospital, she was too foggy to really use the PC; but ended up agreeing to a life time PC service contract ( $2,400.+ ). Took me about two weeks to get the money back. A US site, but the Indian on the phone was adamant about the lifetime of PC care. I told him, if I located him, he would need a life time of medical care. Finally did locate the office & told them I knew where they were & was about to contact "We Break Knees Are Us". Next day, the money was back

LMAO!

Luvin it!

I ask the Indians if they are proud that they stole some Americans job! That shuts them up!

The Filipino girls, I ask if they would like to come to America, marry me, and have my baby!

And, they say YES!

south you mite want to complain to the company that put that shit out . the profit is the only goal . look at GM they knew the ignition on their cares were fault in 2003 a 50cent part . even though it cast the lives of people they said screw it .

the workers do their best . the parts are made over seas the CEOs could care less what trouble you have . I went throw that with Sears .

nukemfuz you couldn't have sent those girls your picture .

We live in a disposable society. Before if something broke you went to a distributor or you ordered the part and fixed things your self. Now you throw it in the trash and go buy a new one.

We used to lead the world in housing goods and manufacturing was top notch. but then something happened.

I wonder if the union shake downs and crime / high taxes in the cities had anything to do with it ?

The East Coast cities / Chicago use to be a place where every things was made...guys walked to work, stopped at the corner bar on the way home and the corner store for dinner. Philadelphia, my home town at one time was the manufacturing center of THEE WORLD ! Every now and than, they have a bad fire in one of the old factories / warehouses...that have been vacant for years.

And just think...this is all George Bush's fault and his cohort Walmart !

south you mite want to complain to the company that put that [excrement] out . the profit is the only goal . look at GM they knew the ignition on their cares were fault in 2003 a 50cent part . even though it cast the lives of people they said screw it .

the workers do their best . the parts are made over seas the CEOs could care less what trouble you have . I went throw that with Sears .

"The mark of great ( elegant ) engineering is to produce the desired effect as simply as possible". Every "extra" unnecessary component is a potential failure. Most manufacturers have defeated the mark of elegant engineering. When I was young, I worked as a fleet mechanic ( 160 ) vehicles. If the points opened & closed, & the fuel reached the engine, the vehicle ran.

I remember simple - on/off ignition switches. You turned the switch to on & you pushed the separate starter button - the car ALWAYS ALWAYS started. You could rebuild a clutch slave cylinder for $8.00. A tune up & oil change for $15.00. We are now in the shiit. If you open the hood & you cannot see the ground below, ya know your in trouble.

LOL. Protectionism in a global economy where the U.S. dollar has been deflated to 5% of it's value over the last 60 years.

You can advocate suicide. Just kill yourself and not all of us.

LEARN ECONOMICS.

I was wrong about the fuse in my dryer. It was not an electrical fuse, it was a thermal fuse that shuts down the system if the exhaust is blocked & the heat builds up. So, a good component; but not likely the dryer will survive 30 years like my old pile of crap.

Ok the wife's company is ending the company car plan she will get paid a stipend monthly instead we are going to take the money and buy or lease an auto we don't know the amount yet what car to go with?

I hate to admit it, but Subaru has a great track record. KIA is another company. If I could find a good frame - undercarriage for my old F 150 ( bought new in 95 ), I would have the drive train transferred to it. Has the monster in line 300 cui 6 cylinder. Notorious for hitting 4 - even 500 thousand miles before major work. Brutally powerful & not terrible on gas. I'm sure that was the reason they took it out of production - they didn't wear out.

south you mite want to complain to the company that put that [excrement] out . the profit is the only goal . look at GM they knew the ignition on their cares were fault in 2003 a 50cent part . even though it cast the lives of people they said screw it .

Of course not!

That would have killed the whole deal. I'm a dirty old man, and proud of it!

• The motto of Packard Automobiles was: " Ask the man who drives one". That was it. Easily the same quality as Rolls Royce; as was the Auburn - the Pierce Arrow - the Duesenberg - the Graham Page - the Cord, and the list of superb American engineered automobiles stretches to the horizon. Now, we build shiit. The magical era was the 20s & the 30s. The Tucker ( late 40s ) was an exception, & was miles ahead of it's time, & every manufacturer stole designs from Tucker. Padded dash - disc brakes - pop out windscreens - fuel injection - seat harnesses - air cooled engine.

1948 TUCKER - Laubly

I'm not 100% about the fuel injection.

Actually Packard's motto was "Ask the Man Who Owns One."

Actually Packard's motto was "Ask the Man Who Owns One."

Owns one - drives one; the point is, they were so confident in the vehicles they manufactured, advertising was hardly necessary.

A Duesenberg had so much power - torque, it could, at 300 rpms, pull out of a dead stop in high gear without stalling. A truly remarkable piece of engineering. Not cheap - even way back when,