Republican Governor Wins Award

: Today's Ass-hole of the day, Gov. Fallin, of OK, is just one more part of the GOP's War On The Poor (as opposed to the War On Poverty): http://t.co/qhDEmE0Mqm

Yup because the "war" on poverty has well created more poverty. How bout we stop dumb policies that make you feel good but that actually hurt the poor? How novel.

Yup because the "war" on poverty has well created more poverty. How bout we stop dumb policies that make you feel good but that actually hurt the poor? How novel.

So in your thinking, enacting policies to keep the working poor not only poor, but also eliminating eliminating paid sick days and vacation benefits prevents poverty and helps the working poor. How positively heartless (not to mention outrageously stupid!) of you.

But being a fellow asshole yourself, of course you support her sinister agenda.

So in your thinking, enacting policies to keep the working poor not only poor, but also eliminating eliminating paid sick days and vacation benefits prevents poverty and helps the working poor. How positively heartless (not to mention outrageously stupid!) of you.

But being a fellow asshole yourself, of course you support her sinister agenda.

Your premise is stupid and wrong. But if it makes YOU feel better to pretend you are good and I am bad, then who am I to stand in the way of your pathetic need.

It's been my experience and observation that liberal policies ultimately hurt the poor. The difference between you and me is that I don't challenge your motives and accuse you of being heartless. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing that.

But being a fellow banned word yourself, of course you support her sinister agenda.

So, where id you het YOUR Economocs degree? Wheaties?

I don't think you know your BUTT from a hole in the ground, but you spout your OPINIONS as if they were FACTS... I guess you believe Nancy Plelosi too... that Unemployment benefits SPUR economic growth... HA ! HOW STUPID... probably the smartest thing to come from her mouth since she told the American people they would have to PASS Obamacare before they could READ it... you two are like peas in a pod...

So, where id you het YOUR Economocs degree? Wheaties?

I don't think you know your BUTT from a hole in the ground, but you spout your OPINIONS as if they were FACTS... I guess you believe Nancy Plelosi too... that Unemployment benefits SPUR economic growth... HA ! HOW STUPID... probably the smartest thing to come from her mouth since she told the American people they would have to PASS Obamacare before they could READ it... you two are like peas in a pod...

He follows his leader like a puppet by demonizing good people in order to feel better about himself. It's sickening and shameful and needs to end.

: Today's Ass-hole of the day, Gov. Fallin, of OK, is just one more part of the GOP's War On The Poor (as opposed to the War On Poverty): http://t.co/qhDEmE0Mqm

Oh my gosh, she's following basic, common sense Economics to protect jobs?

Horrors! :huh:

Say, how's that powerful Obama Economy with its glorious 11% real unemployment rate doing?

Like the Ryan budget that gives more money to the rich at the expense of EVERYONE else?

Isn't it funny that at political message boards, the

is always a REPUB !

If the shoe fits....

How bout we stop dumb policies that make you feel good but that actually HURT the poor? How novel.

All the republican policies HURT the poor.

Oh my gosh, she's following basic, common sense Economics to protect jobs?

?

Raising the minimum wage has gotten a lot of traction lately. It hasnt been raised in years, and in a slow economy, many of the people making minimum wage are people who are supporting themselves or family.

Many in the GOP have been opposing an increase to the minimum wage, for various reasons. Though the main one, even if unstated, is that it doesnt help them and only helps people at the bottom, who they could give two shits about. Often youll see some pundit or politician say it doesnt need to be raised, and will tell how they made minimum wage 40 years ago and did OK, but they refuse to acknowledge that the minimum wage they made was higher, sometimes much higher, when you factor in inflation. Proposals to get the minimum wage to $10.10 or $11.00 are basically raising the minimum wage to catch up with inflation. But thats math, and as Bill Clinton pointed out in his 2012 convention speech, math isnt the GOPs thing these days. They prefer ideology to math.

But Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin isnt content to just oppose an increase at the state or national level. Instead she forbid municipalities to raise it within their borders, as well as outlawing other things:

At a time when many states and cities are working passing minimum wage increases, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin ® has gone in the opposite direction and signed a law banning cities from passing higher wages. The bill also bans them from enacting paid sick days or vacation requirements.

Republicans make a lot of hay about states rights and local control. They hate big government. But of course here Gov. Fallin is restricting local choices.

And for what? To keep the working poor poor. Remember, this isnt about giving benefits to people who dont work its about allowing local municipalities making laws to make work pay. And she wont let them.

She also blocked the Obamacare Medicaid expansion, which would have helped many of the working poor receive health insurance that their employers dont offer. The Medicaid expansion is almost entirely paid for by the federal government, costing her state almost nothing. But she wont take it to help her own citizens, even though that money will pass through the poor and fund hospitals and clinics.

So, for being so cruel to the working poor that she wont let other people help them even when it costs her nothing, Mary Fallin is the Ass-hole of the Day.

It is Mary Fallin's first time as Ass- hole of the Day, but one of many to be featured on this site for deriding those who make minimum wage.

How bout we stop dumb policies that make you feel good but that actually HURT the poor? How novel.

All the republican policies HURT the poor.

Thanks mostly to Repubs, the country went through a 25-year boom during which everyone's income went up, troll.

Tell your usual lies.

Raising the minimum wage has gotten a lot of traction lately.

Only from Dems trying desperately to distract from the horrendous Obama Economy with its glorious 11% real unemployment rate.

There is already a thread on this and she did the right thing. As I have said many times, minimum wage laws keep unskilled minorities out of the labor force. That is a bad thing. The idea is to get more people into the labor force to gain more skills to move up, not stay in a state of perpetual poverty. Again, minimum wage laws were used in South Africa by white unions to keep black from getting jobs. Minimum wage makes an owner take a higher skilled person over a lower skilled person because of the price they have to pay for an entry level job.

You don't want to understand any of this. Your whole perception of this issue is just give more money to the lower income and that will solve it. It is very nice, well-meaning and very wrong. You have to get past the feelings of the issue and get to what really works.

Oh so the economy at the end of bush wasn't his fault. it was someone's else's fault??

Bush hasn't been in office for 6 years. Let it go. Also Obama has put his policies in place that have done nothing to help the economy. This is Obama's economy, not Bush's. Obama knew what the economy was like when he was running for office the first time. He could have jumped out of the race but he didn't. He said he could fix it. So, it's his baby now.