Why should Ex-Felons and the Mentally ill be banned from Owning Guns?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me Not allowing ex-felons and the mentally ill to exercise their second amendment is unconstitutional. I mean not all ex-felons are bad people, and most mentally ill people are actually like normal law abiding people on their meds. What do you think?

YOU are a fool... I don't think you're a Conservative at all... YOU'RE and IDIOT !!

Tell me where in the 2nd admendment does it say this right does not apply to the mentally ill or ex felons?

I see I stupefied you with my superior intellect.

actually the 2nd amendment expressly forbids the government from infringing on the peoples right to bear arms

the way the libloons circumvent the law is by "due process"

it is actually legal for a convicted felon to take the gun from a threat and shoot if his life is in immediate danger... but he must immediately surrender the gun to police

actually the 2nd amendment expressly forbids the government from infringing on the peoples right to bear arms

the way the libloons circumvent the law is by "due process"

it is actually legal for a convicted felon to take the gun from a threat and shoot if his life is in immediate danger... but he must immediately surrender the gun to police

Lame. I feel anyone should be able to keep and bear arms should they choose to do so. The right to keep and bear arms is a Fundamental right of man, and shall not be infringed.

Do we punish ppl for thoughts, crimes not yet committed, or for patterns?

Good to see ya again Dave. I catch flack from all sides. I am used to it. If I do not conform to their idea of Conservative, Gay, Republican, Rush Limbaugh fan, then they attack me saying I am a poser. I have the right to form independent thoughts that are my own. I am my own man tho, I do not need nor seek their approval or acceptance. Either they accept me or they don't I could really give a fuck less either way Dave.

Lame ?

what was lame ?

thats how it is

No i mean them circumventing the Constitution and law of the land through due process is lame. If I had my way the heads of those responsible, and those of their family would line the white house lawn on pikes. It's time the Streets run red with the blood of our oppressors.

Seems to me Not allowing ex-felons and the mentally ill to exercise their second amendment is unconstitutional. I mean not all ex-felons are bad people, and most mentally ill people are actually like normal law abiding people on their meds. What do you think?

Then 'you people' would have no guns...u iz 1 laughable sob...

Seems to me Not allowing ex-felons and the mentally ill to exercise their second amendment is unconstitutional.

Indeed, it makes me wonder how we got into adding all of these caveats to our Constitutional rights.

It depends on what level of mental illness you are talking about though.

Mental illness that is manageable with meds.

Oh, right.

Indeed, it makes me wonder how we got into adding all of these caveats to our Constitutional rights.

Oh, right.

What does cognitive dissonance have to do with anything? There are a lot of different forms of mental illness that can be managed by meds. Depression, Bipolar, anxiety disorder are just a few that millions of Americans take medication for.

I think you're fu-cked in the head. Only someone who is mentally ill would advocate for other mentally Ill people to own guns.

It's a recipe for disaster as we have seen time and time again. And instead of a light going off in your bulbous head, you'll say something stupid like" Guns don't kill people, people do."

I think you're fu-cked in the head. Only someone who is mentally ill would advocate for other mentally Ill people to own guns.

It's a recipe for disaster as we have seen time and time again. And instead of a light going off in your bulbous head, you'll say something stupid like" Guns don't kill people, people do."

Do you know how many 'normal' people take psychotropic medication in this country? Millions. Depression, Bipolar, anxiety disorders are not uncommon. The everyday Joe takes them. These are all considered mental illness. Tool.

Good to see ya again Dave. I catch flack from all sides. I am used to it. If I do not conform to their idea of Conservative, Gay, Republican, Rush Limbaugh fan, then they attack me saying I am a poser. I have the right to form independent thoughts that are my own. I am my own man tho, I do not need nor seek their approval or acceptance. Either they accept me or they don't I could really give a banned word less either way Dave.

No i mean them circumventing the Constitution and law of the land through due process is lame. If I had my way the heads of those responsible, and those of their family would line the white house lawn on pikes. It's time the Streets run red with the blood of our oppressors.

don't let the chit get u down. kerp being yourself.

when your a convicted felon you loss some of your rights

If, when a person is released from prison back into society, they have paid their debt, why not re-instate their rights? If you don't want them to have a gun, why did we let them out?

Tell me where in the 2nd admendment does it say this right does not apply to the mentally ill or ex felons?

I see I stupefied you with my superior intellect.

I've owned and been around guns my entire life, I am VERY pro guns rights... HOWEVER, just like you would not want a blind man driving a car, you don't want someone who is Mentally Ill, or a convicted felon, owning a gun...

I know a lot of other gun owners, and NO ONE I know has EVER contested that the Mentally Ill SHOULD be able to own guns... if you look at all the recent shooting sprees, MOST have been by people who are mentally ill... Heck even the NRA agrees with that...

The "Right to bear Arms" is a Constitutional RIGHT... However, most Conservatives know that, with "Rights" come "Responsibilities"... guns ARE dangerous, and in the hands of someone who doesn't know "right froim wrong", or doesn't CARE about "right from wrong", they endanger the public...

That IS Common sense legislation that we ALL should be able to agree on...

What does cognitive dissonance have to do with anything?

One cannot say there's no Constitutional grounds for denying people their 2nd Amendment right while maintaining that some people shouldn't have their 2nd Amendment right for an arbitrary reason without experiencing some CD.