HOLY %^%$ Governor Bans Bans Minimum Wage Increases And Paid Si

Guvner Bubba Gump Failin bans minimum wage increases, and sick leave, etc! In Kochlahoma!

At a time when many states and cities are working passing minimum wage increases, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin ® has gone in the opposite direction and signed a law banning cities from passing higher wages. The bill also bans them from enacting paid sick days or vacation requirements.

The law will stymie the efforts of activists in Oklahoma City, where a labor federation has led the push on a petition to raise the city’s minimum wage to $10.10 per hour. The state’s current minimum has been set at the federal level of $7.25. In 2012, 64,000 workers in the state earned $7.25 an hour or less, making up 7.2 percent of all hourly workers, a larger share than the 4.7 percent figure for the country as a whole.

Fallin said she signed the bill out of the worry that higher local minimum wages “would drive businesses to other communities and states, and would raise prices for consumers.” She also argued that “most minimum wage workers are young, single people working part-time or entry level jobs” and that “many are high school or college students living with their parents in middle-class families.” She warned that increasing the minimum wage “would require businesses to fire many of those part-time workers” and harm job creation.

But that’s not what the typical American minimum wage worker looks like. Nearly 90 percent of workers who would be impacted by an increase in the wage are older than 20, while the average age is 35. More than a quarter have children to support. More than half work full time, and 44 percent have at least some college education, while half a million minimum wage workers are college graduates.

Yep! Gotta keep em dumb and poor in Kochlahoma like them Okies are!

AP626272082828-638x481.jpg

How is this even legal?

So it's okay for the state govt to dictate to the cities what they can and cannot do,

monkey.gif

but not okay for the federal govt to dictate to the states what they can and cannot do.
This could very well be the sleeper issue of 2014. I am mystified as to why Repubs can't see that.

user-gray.gif

The more crap they pull like this, the more likely it is that Democrats will vote in November - particularly where minimum wage referendums are on the ballot.

Hm...

Stop the canard. No one supports children on the minimum wage. The average length of time. someone is paid minimum wage is 3 months.

By then they've proven themselves responsible and trustworthy enough to earn more. Or if not they are fired.

Stop the fucking canards. I'm sooooo sick of you liars.

Stop the canard. No one supports children on the minimum wage. The average length of time. someone is paid minimum wage is 3 months.

By then they've proven themselves responsible and trustworthy enough to earn more. Or if not they are fired.

Stop the bad word canards. I'm sooooo sick of you liars.

shut up you racist pile of filth

get out of my country and go somewhere else

right now

How is this even legal?

So it's okay for the state govt to dictate to the cities what they can and cannot do,

monkey.gif

but not okay for the federal govt to dictate to the states what they can and cannot do.
This could very well be the sleeper issue of 2014. I am mystified as to why Repubs can't see that.

user-gray.gif

The more crap they pull like this, the more likely it is that Democrats will vote in November - particularly where minimum wage referendums are on the ballot.

Hm...

tick tick tick

between this and the nevada deadbeat and the teaparty support of the deadbeat we are VERY close to the war Sean Hannity is illegally promoting on his radio and tv shows

Huckabee is promoting civil war also, need to arrest both

Guvner Bubba Gump Failin bans minimum wage increases, and sick leave, etc! In Kochlahoma!

At a time when many states and cities are working passing minimum wage increases, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin ® has gone in the opposite direction and signed a law banning cities from passing higher wages. The bill also bans them from enacting paid sick days or vacation requirements.

The law will stymie the efforts of activists in Oklahoma City, where a labor federation has led the push on a petition to raise the city’s minimum wage to $10.10 per hour. The state’s current minimum has been set at the federal level of $7.25. In 2012, 64,000 workers in the state earned $7.25 an hour or less, making up 7.2 percent of all hourly workers, a larger share than the 4.7 percent figure for the country as a whole.

Fallin said she signed the bill out of the worry that higher local minimum wages “would drive businesses to other communities and states, and would raise prices for consumers.” She also argued that “most minimum wage workers are young, single people working part-time or entry level jobs” and that “many are high school or college students living with their parents in middle-class families.” She warned that increasing the minimum wage “would require businesses to fire many of those part-time workers” and harm job creation.

But that’s not what the typical American minimum wage worker looks like. Nearly 90 percent of workers who would be impacted by an increase in the wage are older than 20, while the average age is 35. More than a quarter have children to support. More than half work full time, and 44 percent have at least some college education, while half a million minimum wage workers are college graduates.

Good! Minimum wage laws keep unskilled labor out of thee workforce. It is one of the greatest tools to keep black out of a job since Jim Crowe. I say abolish all minimum wage laws. They are counter productive.

Half a million minimum wage earners are college graduates??????? These people must be brain dead. They would probably be better off dead. I hope they pay their college loans. They are so stupid they need a cut in pay. What was the point of attending school? Maybe they took a degree in dance or black studies. hahahahaaaa. Keep the laughs coming.

Half a million minimum wage earners are college graduates??????? These people must be brain dead. They would probably be better off dead. I hope they pay their college loans. They are so stupid they need a cut in pay. What was the point of attending school? Maybe they took a degree in dance or black studies. hahahahaaaa. Keep the laughs coming.

hate America much?

you guys are so transparent, it is amazing

yes, there are college graduates making min wage because of the horror we call W for 8 yrs

every economist says W did more damage to the economy than any prior other than Raygun

Most get degrees that are useless in the workforce.

Notice Marthas blames Bush. LOL! A broken record. Read her posts. They are copy and pasted from her very first post. It's the same thing over and over. I think someone else typed it for her and they weren't that bright either. LOL! The only time she said something different is when she threatened me. LOL! a weak attempt at a threat, I might add.

shut up you racist pile of filth

get out of my country and go somewhere else

right now

tick tick tick

between this and the nevada deadbeat and the teaparty support of the deadbeat we are VERY close to the war Sean Hannity is illegally promoting on his radio and tv shows

Huckabee is promoting civil war also, need to arrest both

shut up you filthy nig ho

no its not dumbazz...

the constitution/people tell the fed what they can do

the fed gov doesnt tell people what to do...

get it right...

all minimum wage increase does is add tax revenue for oblamer

when you raise min wage all it does is make everything more expensive with everyone else crying for their increase

its time to lower prices... not raise wages...

how many times have they raised the min wage ? how many times did it cure the problem...

how many times have they lowered prices ?... because it would work...

it would be much better to lower gas to 1.50 a gallon than to give anyone a wage increase

the best way to better pay is education... not retarded legislation that has already been a proven failure

shut up you filthy nig ho

marthASS is a racist

she only hates Bush because he is white

just like how she hates all "creepy ass crackers"

the coward mathASS is too scared to answer...

is "creepy ass crackers" a racial slur ?

Why is it liber's only strive to stay in a minimum wage job?

The law will stymie the efforts of activists in Oklahoma City, where a labor federation has led the push on a petition to raise the citys minimum wage to $10.10 per hour. The states current minimum has been set at the federal level of $7.25. In 2012, 64,000 workers in the state earned $7.25 an hour or less, making up 7.2 percent of all hourly workers, a larger share than the 4.7 percent figure for the country as a whole.

Fallin said she signed the bill out of the worry that higher local minimum wages would drive businesses to other communities and states, and would raise prices for consumers. She also argued that most minimum wage workers are young, single people working part-time or entry level jobs and that many are high school or college students living with their parents in middle-class families. She warned that increasing the minimum wage would require businesses to fire many of those part-time workers and harm job creation.

But thats not what the typical American minimum wage worker looks like. Nearly 90 percent of workers who would be impacted by an increase in the wage are older than 20, while the average age is 35. More than a quarter have children to support. More than half work full time, and 44 percent have at least some college education, while half a million minimum wage workers are college graduates.

Yep! Gotta keep em dumb and poor in eKochlahoma like them Okies are!

so...what's your point?

has a minimum wage increase ever brought a person up out of poverty ?

it only increases tax revenue and prices...

what do they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ?

lets try lowering prices...

Yes, when unions were strong in this country, they got higher wages than

the slave wages they were being paid by ass holes in management and who

owned the slave corporations.

Workers prior to unions lived in shacks, had no disposable income to buy

clothes, food for their families, take vacations, retire,

After unions, workers no longer lived in poverty.

republicans want to return workers to poverty.

Ass holes who work for a living but vote republican are voting against themselves

and their own children and wives.

it only increases tax revenue and prices...

Which is a benefit to everryone because that spurs more growth and

govt improvements like paved roads instead of that dirt road you live

on.

what do they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ?

You are insane.

lets try lowering prices...

This has been tried for 8 years during ray gun's time and again during

the bush, the village idiot's time by repukes moving jobs to asia and

putting Americans out of work. It is called supply side, trickle down

economics. IT IS A FAILURE, just like you.

Yes, when unions were strong in this country,

I wanna suck Bush off

jeb 2016

of course this dumbazz fkn retard has to lie...

skipped right over the word "minimum"

typical libloon lack of integrity

classic fail...

Unions were strong before they changed all the laws they wanted to pass. now Americans think they don't need a union.

I agree. Except I would say Americans don't think as to what unions have accomplished for working men and women from raising them out of company shacks and company stores

to getting public schools for kids instead of kids working in factories to better and safer

work conditions, etc.

Gallows, the ass hole son of a whore is at it again

About time to get banned ass hole

you are the only one who broke the rules

dumbazz...

"No trash talking about members"

feel free to quote the rule I broke or admit you are a dumbazz retarded backpedaling liar...

btw dumbazz...

I told you the first time you added your crayon inside my quote "dont alter my posts azz hole"

funny it took your dumbazz a year and a half to notice...

I will be editing all your posts loser...

thanks for letting me know what really hurts loser boy...

please post violated rule here >>>> X_______________________________

dumbazz...

YOU TRY TO CLAIM THAT

YOU ARE NOT A LIBERAL.

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER

LIBERAL RANT IGNORING

THE FACTS AND GOING

WITH EMOTION