Libs, what are your views on union strikers?

Everyday, I pass by a Fresh and Easy store with these same run down derelict people holding signs that says "Shame of Fresh & Easy for not Unionizing." These people look homeless, lazy, and useless. Iv'e seen similar things in front of Walmart and many other stores. These strikes last forever it seems. I think this particular one has been going on for over a year now.

Libs, don't you think these people should just find a job and work instead wasting their life in front of a store with a sign. I mean, if they are going to stand out in the beating sun all day, then why not hold one of those advertising signs on the corners for businesses? They will get paid and they are contributing to the economy and small businesses.

They believe in the union. They believe if they make the company money than they should get compensated. have you ever been in a union?

No I haven't. Why should they get to share their wealth? They get paid to do a job, so do the job. They are not working for free. If they want to make a lot of money, then why cannot they start their own business? Unless union members can prove that they forked over the cost of starting the business and invested all the resources required to get the business up and running, I don't see why they should share the profits.

i know alot of union workers that took the money that they made with higher wages and invested it and started businesses. The more you make the better chance you have to send your kids to college or open a business.

Don't get me started on the college thing. LOL!

And alot of workers just don't have the opportunities that union workers have. i have a friend that made a flooring business after he worked for the union and got his pension. he got it lump sum. and invested it in his new business.

But those people holding signs aren't getting any of that. So why are they doing that? If they really cared about supporting their family then they should do just that, support them by going to work.

Unions have diminished... and the middle-class is now following....

Co-incidence ?

I don't know if its a coincidence or not. I think its just the house of cards when it comes to a slow economy. When one goes, they all tumble together.

Have you ever been out in 20 below?

I applaud them when they are not using violence. they are fighting for their futures.

for the record the weren't on strike they were trying to stop people from shopping there by like minded people.

I don't agree with their cause. If their cause is to take profit from a company that isn't rightly theirs, then I do not applaud them.

You make it sound like their stealing.

No. but i believe in paying a good wage for their work.

What do you do for a living?

But thats not what you said their cause was. You said they believe they should share in their profit since they are the ones making them money.

I am a college teacher.

You have more power in a group. the unions have legislated all that they fought for. 40 hour work week weekends workplace safety. and so on. so alot of people don't believe that the union is needed anymore. they are a product of their own success.

I understand that they were needed before, but these days they are just more greedy than anything. Why would they think they have a right to a businesses profit? That's just greed.

The last thing a union.member wants to do is bankrupt the employer.

Who makes the profits?

Management gets the jobs the workers make it happen or they get fired.

But why does that give them the right to share in the profits? Construction workers make your house. Why cannot they live in it?

You have more power in a group. the unions have legislated all that they fought for. 40 hour work week weekends workplace safety. and so on. so alot of people don't believe that the union is needed anymore. they are a product of their own success.

Look unions have negotiation with the employer. they sit down and hammer out a contract and its voted on by the membership. if the company is making money they give more. if they are not they don't give as much. its a negotiation.

Say you own a donut shop and your 20 employees join a union, over time you fight the unions over wages that are way out of line then they want pensions for the donut workers, your donut shop cannot afford to pay pensions to employees because it barely makes you a decent living,,,,,, imagine gm with thousands of employees, the cost of a car is mostly wages and pensions, people just started refusing to pay those high prices for gm cars gm almost went under until Jigbama stole the company from them. UNIONS are horrible.

Unions served a purpose in the past - now all they serve is their democratic handlers

I cam here to post this. Unions were great when they actually fought for the middle class. Now, they are just pipelines for liberal/progressive politicians and take their cut at the highest levels of union organization.

Unions have diminished... and the middle-class is now following....

Co-incidence ?

What is middle class between children and grandparents getetically that doesn't get fixed adopting other people's ancestors socially. Life exists in the results of surviving individual lifetimes within a specific atmosphere that can separate life and lifetimes within adapt or become extinct existence universally holding now to remain exactly what adds together next, currently.

Saving the faith doesn't rescue genetic mistakes repeated on purpose to sustain false reasons to live as themselves one lifetime at a time. the by-product of faking real for reality's sake is destruction of understanding what is taking place now.

Nobody knows or no one wants to find out? "To be or not to be....."

And once you make union extinct and change all the laws so you could never unionized again the corporations will go back to what they were doing a hundred years ago.

You really think so? I don't. Now there are government regulations from the issues unions used to raise. Face it, unions aren't the voice of the people they once were. Now, they are nothing more than political war chests.

Everyday, I pass by a Fresh and Easy store with these same run down derelict people holding signs that says "Shame of Fresh & Easy for not Unionizing." These people look homeless, lazy, and useless. Iv'e seen similar things in front of Walmart and many other stores. These strikes last forever it seems. I think this particular one has been going on for over a year now.

Libs, don't you think these people should just find a job and work instead wasting their life in front of a store with a sign. I mean, if they are going to stand out in the beating sun all day, then why not hold one of those advertising signs on the corners for businesses? They will get paid and they are contributing to the economy and small businesses.

Better yet why don't they start their own business?

Say you own a donut shop and your 20 employees join a union, over time you fight the unions over wages that are way out of line then they want pensions for the donut workers, your donut shop cannot afford to pay pensions to employees because it barely makes you a decent living,,,,,, imagine gm with thousands of employees, the cost of a car is mostly wages and pensions, people just started refusing to pay those high prices for gm cars gm almost went under until Jigbama stole the company from them. UNIONS are horrible.

That is a piss poor example.

Donut shop workers are unskilled labor, who can easily be replaced, with bums off the street or street niggas.

But niggas don't go to donut shops, because that's where all the cops hang out! LOL!

Just like Jews never go to pizza parlors-the ovens!

Only skilled workers have the leverage needed to organize labor.

If they don't get their way, they can burn the plant down. Now that's leverage! LOL

Better yet why don't they start their own business?

That's realty hard! Most all startups fail, and put the owners in a giant financial hole.

And poor people don't have the money to do so.

I know. I learned this the hard way!

And I had my backers coming after me, and got into a huge mess with creditors and the IRS. It took over 10 years of suffering to finally get out of it.

Unions served a purpose in the past - now all they serve is their democratic handlers

Rethug corporate master propaganda.