Sign in to follow this  
nuckin futz

OMG! Sales way down because of cut in SNAP

4 Billion $ cut, hurting WalMart and others!

Oh my Goodness! Sales down because of cut in SNAP.
Across the board, not just at Walmart.

Walmart is hardly the only retailer to be effected by a reduction in SNAP benefits, or to say so in financial documents. The dollar store segment is also vulnerable. Roughly $4 billion in SNAP benefits were vaporized, money that was once spent at U.S. stores, not just at Walmart. This was bad news for shoppers and retailers, across multiple channels.

As one grocery executive said in an online retail forum regarding the issue, “This cut hurts all of our sales, not just Walmart, let me make that clear. The struggle is universal for retailers, and sales are down around 8-10% since the first of the year.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lauraheller/2014/03/28/walmart-just-revealed-how-poor-u-s-shoppers-are/?partner=yahootix

In a free market economy,

you need people with spare cash in their pockets to buy all the stuff.

That's the thing that social democrats get that RW capitalists don't.

More LW policies actually lead to a more dynamic capitalist economy.

T7qoo.jpg

Call up the US Chamber of Commerce, they will get a lobbyist right on it!

Its that invisible hand I can't trust! I feel something crawling around my butt, going for my wallet!

slapped-by-the-invisible-hand_zps12e18ac

Booze sales must have taken a hit. Cig. sales must be dropping. Libs like that. Drug dealers are suffering. The cut may hurt the GDP of the USA. Racist Bush must have had a hand in all these terrible things. A solution that may not have entered the minds of save the world libs. GET A PART TIME OBLAMEOCARE JOB.

Now add to that, the millions who won't get the unemployment extension, and have to hit the streets!

The Rethugs are going full tilt boogie to damage the economy right before the election to hurt the Dems!

Lessee what else they can do to damage our people!

Here is a 1956 poster that Rethugs had, before they went crazy!

Republican_labor.jpg

So here's the problem with this:

T7qoo.jpg

Because the money was spent where it was, it wasn't spent where it naturally would have been spent had the stimulus not taken place. So there's an opportunity cost to every stimulus. Additionally, it made everyone's $$$$$ worth less, because creating money out of thin air tends to make it less rare, which is the whole basis for the value of money. So when you leftist idiots (redundant) are crying about no one being able to live on what they earn and the need for raising the minimum wage because nothing is affordable, it's because of stimulus like this.

LEARN ECONOMICS

This chart is as incredible as the statements made by Pelosi concerning it. If you get $1.73 for every dollar of food stamps then the entire nation should get food stamps. If unemployment generates $1.64 for every dollar spent then we should all be unemployed. This chart is the fantasy of some insane lib that has no conception of how the world works.

This chart is as incredible as the statements made by Pelosi concerning it. If you get $1.73 for every dollar of food stamps then the entire nation should get food stamps. If unemployment generates $1.64 for every dollar spent then we should all be unemployed. This chart is the fantasy of some insane lib that has no conception of how the world works.

I agree. just spending tax dollars can't create more money.. something has to made for money to be created

Who gets the money generated????

When you cut money out of the economy that money is no longer circulated and creates a void or a negative effect.

Now if we cut 4billion dollars from oil subsidies than they can really be capitalist.

Cut Those evil oil companies. They are racist too. Just remember one very important thing. $4 billion will be passed right along to you. Oil co's will charge higher prices for ALL petroleum products. That means everything made from petroleum will cost more. Gas, oil, clothes, everything.

That's the thing that social democrats get that RW capitalists don't.

More LW policies actually lead to a more dynamic capitalist economy.

Economic benefits of various stimulus provisions.

Food Stamps $173.

There are some things so freaking stupid only a liberal could believe them. :D

Well gosh, then let's give every American food stamps so we'll all get rich!

Where did the 4 billion come from? It came from You. You did not buy a new car and keep auto workers employed. You did not invest the money for a secure retirement. Any and all the things you would have done with your small share were not done. It came from corporations. Corporations did not expand and hire more workers. Any and all the things corporations might have done with their share of the money taken away were not done. Libs continue to complain about companies leaving the USA. It is difficult for a lib to understand that any money taken for taxes from a company is another reason why the company does not grow and hire. If the economy was growing and companies expanding there would be less need for food stamps and unemployment compensation. This is not rocket science for normal people. It is beyond the understanding of libs.

So we should have two war and deficit spending and ask nothing of the corporations. we had huge tax cuts and huge subsidies to business under bush and look what happened. Tax cuts didn't keep jobs here. house don't understand that 20 million jobs left under bush and republican rule.

It would serve you well to attempt to get a basic understanding of tax law. Monies that a company invests in its own business is deductible. If the subsidies for oil companies are so wicked, why didn't oblameo and the libs get rid of them when they had complete control? A possible reason might be that if they did that to oil companies they would have to do it for all companies. ALL taxes are passed along to YOU. Corporations do not pay taxes. You pay the tax when you purchase the product. When it comes to oil companies you pay three taxes. You pay the co. tax on gas. You pay fed tax on gas. You pay state tax on gas. Nothing is free anytime, anywhere. In order to pay unemployment or welfare the gov. takes the money from you.

Back to Bush. The incompetent bungler oblameo has been in charge 5+ years and has done nothing except pass a law that %59 of the people do not want. More than half of the uninsured do not want the law. Let me tell you libs something the people are really sick of. Blaming Bush for the criminal incompetence of oblameo. Maybe you will get some idea of the dissatisfaction of the people after the election. My bad. You still will not get it.

We did everything bush wanted to do. we cut taxes we cut regulation and obama cut 2,000 regulations. we bent over backward for big business. we been sucking the corporate cock since 1980. and where are we at. obama even.kept most of bush policy for two years. 10 years of corporate cock sucking.

And you john want to deep throat even.more. i guess we will balance the budget with taxes on the middle class and poor.

Never said they were racist. but i think they make enough money on their own. they don't need welfare.

What about green energy and solar companies that are subsidiaries of big oil ?

This should be good.

So we should have two war and deficit spending and ask nothing of the corporations. we had huge tax cuts and huge subsidies to business under bush and look what happened. Tax cuts didn't keep jobs here. house don't understand that 20 million jobs left under bush and republican rule.

What huge subsidies? Why don't you cite who got these subsidies and how much they got? Name names.

When you cut money out of the economy that money is no longer circulated and creates a void or a negative effect.

Now if we cut 4billion dollars from oil subsidies than they can really be capitalist.

Cut money out of the economy? Why don't you explain to us the mechanics of how that takes place.

This will be rich.

How about you tell me why tax cuts dodnt work after ten years.

this should be rich.

and what exactly does the oil subsidies do. but pay the oil companies bills. does it lower gas prices at all.

and why don't the oil companies do it without government welfare.

this should be rich.

and what exactly does the oil subsidies do. but pay the oil companies bills. does it lower gas prices at all.

Dude. Aren't the subsidies that go to oil companies to develop alternative energy sources and provide heat bill relief to the poor?

You don't even know what you are talking about.

this should be rich.

TAX CUTS DID WORK YOU FOOKING KNUCKLEHEAD.

WHAT OIL SUBSIDIES ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? CITE THEM JACKASS.

YOU WERE ASKED A SERIES OF QUESTIONS. ANSWER THEM.

I agree. just spending tax dollars can't create more money.. something has to made for money to be created

Who gets the money generated????

The "job creators" who invest in more plants overseas, creating more jobs for Chinese and Asians!

There is little demand for products and services here in the US, as people get poorer. Profits are much larger overseas exploiting slave labor. And companies wont share profits with labor.

Of course, The FED creates money out of thin air, but the people see none of that. Only big banks and Wall Street do!

You will see it soon. There will be an inflation. It may have started already. Food prices are rising. Oblameos energy policies are forcing up energy prices. Oblameo himself said his energy policies would cause prices to soar. As energy costs rise companies will pass these costs right along to you. I was around for Carter and i know how to make a buck in an inflation. Libs will never get it. The Fed and oblameo are creating the next inflation as i write.