Sign in to follow this  
RichClem

California's liberal failure

Liberals stupidly claim that Democrats govern more competently on economic issues.

Which they "back up" by using statistics in a blatantly dishonest manner.

Comparing states run by liberals to states run by conservatives is the best way to verify who governs best.

California’s economy continues to head south. The highest state corporate tax rates, sales and gasoline taxes in the country, combined with a heavy regulatory burden, continue to drive business away. Charles Schwab, the San Francisco-based stock broker, announced recently that “a significant number” of its 2,700 locally based jobs would be moved out of state. Oil giant Chevron is moving 800 jobs to Texas. Campbell Soup is closing its Sacramento plant and moving its 700 jobs to other states. Boeing is closing its big jet assembly plant in Southern California and laying off 3,000 workers. Bayer, instead of making a new drug in its Berkeley plant, is going to do it in Germany, eliminating 500 new jobs — on top of the 450 it shifted from Berkeley to Europe two years ago.

Chief Executive magazine does an annual survey of 650 corporate chief executives throughout the nation. It asks them to rate the states based upon taxation, regulation, environment, and the quality of living for workers. For 2013, California ranked 50th — dead last — for the eighth year in a row. The magazine’s survey has company. The Kauffman Foundation’s survey of 6,000 small businesses nationwide produced a grade of “F” for California, and the Tax Foundation ranked it 48th on its business taxes.
http://spectator.org/articles/58547/california%E2%80%99s-vanishing-%E2%80%98surplus%E2%80%99

Whereas Texas is booming.

Money is like water. Water will flow to it's natural level. Money will flow to where it gets the best return. Money, corporations and people are leaving high tax, excessively regulated and business unfriendly states. This migration of money and productive people is starting to put a real hurt on the states they are leaving. The low tax business friendly states are reaping the benefits. More tax money is coming in and helping to build the education systems and infrastructure of these states. As expenditures rise in high tax states these states will tax more. This will cause more money to leave. The USA is experiencing the same problems. High corporate tax rates and regulation are driving business to leave the country. Oblameocare will only exacerbate this problem. Less spending, less regulation and lower taxes are the solution to this problem. States that do not do this will lose more money. The country will lose more jobs.

Liberals stupidly claim that Democrats govern more competently on economic issues.

Comparing states run by liberals to states run by conservatives is the best way to verify who governs best.

"As California goes, so goes the country"---I remember hearing this someplace.

OP written by extremely biased RW corp executives.

Funny, how many World and US headquarters are in California, isn't it?

Silicon Valley, leader of venture capital, top defense contractors, tops in agriculture, more rich folks than any other state, top universities gateway to the Asian trade, etc.

Those firms are not moving any time soon!

Silicon Valley, leader of venture capital, top defense contractors, tops in agriculture, more rich folks than any other state, top universities gateway to the Asian trade, etc.

...and the rest of Californians pay the price, you moron! Those companies can afford it!!!

Oh wait, by the way, I thought you were AGAINST corporate America?? ...fuckin hypocrite!

I guess this explains why California's GDP is $2,003,479 million while Texas' is only $1,397,369 million. Source: US Department of Commerce

...and the rest of Californians pay the price, you moron! Those companies can afford it!!!

Oh wait, by the way, I thought you were AGAINST corporate America?? ...fuckin hypocrite!

No, not at all! I am very pro business, and have run my own biz most of my life.

I am for American domestic corps that play by the rules, and don't cheat on their taxes, or move plants overseas, and screw their workers just to boost the profit line. I detest Globalism, which is destroying America, and rich pigs who park their ill gotten gains in foreign banks to avoid taxes. In other words, I am a TRUE PATRIOT, who yearns for the America we used to have, before the Global NWO fascists took over!

I am also against IMMIGRATION, and amnesty for illegals, and the deliberate Mongrelization of America, which is ruining our culture, and driving wages down. I also am against the Fed, and illegal banking cartel, and against radical enviro's who impede our production, and force us into higher energy costs.I detest Wall Street criminals, and want to see them brought to justice.

I know you, and others were ready to slam me with the LIBERAL label. I only defend a few liberal things like the safety net, but by and large, am a social libertarian populist, like Jessie Ventura.

I am a free thinker, and march to the beat of my own drummer, and detest the two party farce we have.

Am I clear now?

California has problems, like many other states.

The cost of housing is high, no doubt.

It has become grossly over populated, no doubt.

We have been hit hard by the economic collapse, but will recover.

We have a large population of foreign born folks, and illegals, which is regretfull.

And, yes, we are dominated by liberal Duhmocrap politics, and enviro wackos, regretfully.

But, Gov. Brown has solved the enormous budget crisis, which no other governor could do. Its not perfect by any means, but I will give him credit for that.

Local state Rethuglicans are much better here than the national ones, and I often vote for them. They are ranchers, farmers, timber and fishing folks who appreciate the rural lifestyle that we are losing here.I am all for the State of Jefferson, and against BIG CITY ELLAY-BAY AREA politics dominated by the prison lobby, natural resource extraction, and Latino and Fem Lib & gay politics.

I often think about where else I would want to move to, and draw a blank everytime!

Because, within a 1/2 an hours drive, I can be in the beauty of the wild rivers, lakes, mountains and forests of the rich bounty of God's country, and be away from the masses of idiots! That's why I stay here.

No, not at all! I am very pro business, and have run my own biz most of my life.

I am for American domestic corps that play by the rules, and don't cheat on their taxes, or move plants overseas, and screw their workers just to boost the profit line. I detest Globalism, which is destroying America, and rich pigs who park their ill gotten gains in foreign banks to avoid taxes. In other words, I am a TRUE PATRIOT, who yearns for the America we used to have, before the Global NWO fascists took over!

I am also against IMMIGRATION, and amnesty for illegals, and the deliberate Mongrelization of America, which is ruining our culture, and driving wages down. I also am against the Fed, and illegal banking cartel, and against radical enviro's who impede our production, and force us into higher energy costs.I detest Wall Street criminals, and want to see them brought to justice.

I know you, and others were ready to slam me with the LIBERAL label. I only defend a few liberal things like the safety net, but by and large, am a social libertarian populist, like Jessie Ventura.

I am a free thinker, and march to the beat of my own drummer, and detest the two party farce we have.

Am I clear now?

i agree with everything you say. till you go the Ventura route.

I guess this explains why California's GDP is $2,003,479 million while Texas' is only $1,397,369 million. Source: US Department of Commerce

Great job at ignoring population size and California's past moderately competent governance.

As wel not taking into accountl as Texas's current boom and population influx, and California's high real unemployment rate, population exodus and threatened bankruptcy.

Most successful economy is the nation and your going to down it.

It used to be.

Now the state is on the verge of bankruptcy, and taxes and the cost of living is driving residents out.

Go ahead, bleat your usual stupidity.

Its a big economy it can handle a bigger debt.

Yeah with success comes higher land value which has higher rent. and you have higher taxes because of infrastructure to build the cities. but California has a bunch of rich people. and their jobs are awesome. you can.make alot of money in California. and have.

People pay two thousand dollars a month rent. and do it because they want to. sure in Texas you can.live for 1200 dollars s month.

If you can't make the big rent you cannot play in California.

I am also against IMMIGRATION, and amnesty for illegals, and the deliberate Mongrelization of America, which is ruining our culture, and driving wages down.

As a "mongrel" myself (English/Scottish & Native American) .... pardon me if I take offense to that remark.

As a "mongrel" myself (English/Scottish & Native American) .... pardon me if I take offense to that remark.

Mom, don't take offense!

I exclude Native Americans, because they were here first! I have a bit of Cherokee blood in me.I am referring to new immigrants from 3hd world countries, with no family ties here. I am not a hater! Its just that we should have shut the door a long time ago. We don't need to import poor 3hd world folks with no job skills, when we have huge unemployment. It is not a class, or racial or culture thing at all. Its economic.

Liberals need to realize, that this is an economic issue, and not related to predjudice or xenophobia. At least, for me it is.

GDP is fine... but they are moving in COMPLETELY different directions... California is loosing Buisnisses, Jobs and People... and Texas is gaining in all THREE. SO TO, are many states currently run by REPUBLICAN Governors...

On the flip side, many of the most "historically" affluent states, run by Democrats... like Illinois, Michigan, as well as California... are also NOT doing so well... Years of mis management, undue Union influence, and a Liberal mentality will do that...

you are such a dumbazz fkn retard

why is tesla looking for a new state to build the largest battery manufacturing plant in the world ?

you better climb back up in your basket and get ready for another spin...

Its like baseball and football teams. they hunt for the ones that want to give them more tax money and tax breaks. and with low state overhead. they want the goodies. it come in cycles. Texas can only handle so many businesses before they can no longer with stand it. Texas has cheap labor and texicans that work for under minimum wage. Texas has to lower taxes to attract business and keep wages low too.

The tax burden has to be shifted from the private sector to the middle and lower classes to take up the slack.

California is losing business because the companies have to pay their workers a higher wage just to.live because property values are higher and the standard of living is higher.