Sign in to follow this  
cli1rus

What causes Poverty

What causes Poverty  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What causes Poverty

• Sin (homosexuality, adultery, drugs, etc.) chosen by the individual
    • Imposed by companies and corporations.
    • Natural occurance.

What causes Poverty

"POOR CHOICES" is what causes most poverty.

(1) do't get education.

(2) having more kids than you can afford.(biggest reason).

(3)getting pregnant when you have no idea how you will pay for them.

any more ideas

What causes povety?

I would say:

1) Opportunity (or lack of)... be it by Luck, Genetics, or opportunities by birth.

2) Choices (or bad choices)...

3) Willingness to work hard (or not)

Some can be overcome, to some extent, by others... i.e. good choices can provide more opportunity than bad choices and lead to more financial success than if bad choices are made... and a willingness to work hard, can overcome many impediments...

What causes povety?

I would say:

1) Opportunity (or lack of)... be it by Luck, Genetics, or opportunities by birth.

2) Choices (or bad choices)...

3) Willingness to work hard (or not)

Some can be overcome, to some extent, by others... i.e. good choices can provide more opportunity than bad choices and lead to more financial success than if bad choices are made... and a willingness to work hard, can overcome many impediments...

All three of those can be overcome. In fact, all three of those happening to the same person can be overcome.

In third world countries run by despots, thugs, murderers, and dictators, maybe not. But in today's America, there is no reason for any one person to be relatively poor. In a just world there will always be some who are better off than others, but anyone willing to work hard enough should be able to make a decent life for themselves. You just have to make smarter decisions and stopping blaming everyone but yourself.

Sin can actually decrease poverty.. if someone murders a poor person there is less poverty.. If a poor person drinks themselves to death there is less poverty.. I could think of many examples of how sin could decrease poverty

Of course there must be ways that sin can increase poverty.. 'Rich corrupt people can steal from the less fortunate... etc..

I guess Sin counts as "poor choices" discussed by others

The accepted anwer is republicans....

Reality is poor folks have poor ways. Opportunity plays a big role too, but more often than not there is opportunity that just doesn't fit the individual's choice of what they want to do.Holding out for management might not always be the answer. Flipping burgers is not a career....

There is a huge shortage of Welders, Carpenters and Pipe fitters in the USA right now. Even stating helper jobs in these areas ar $12.50 an hour.....after two years a welder can make 6 figures. Yet our schools still stress college (even though a huge group cannot hack it or shouldn't even try)

We could shift some of the schooling towards TRADE based jobs. No shame in driving a truck or fitting a pipe to fuel the growth of America.....

The "gold rush" is on for young folks willing to work hard in the oil and gas fields of Texas, Nebraska, North and South Dakota....

Now for the folks that want to teach their kids the someone owes them something, that crack is a sustainable way of life and that sleeping all day and theiving all night will work out for the future need to get a grip. Spreading your sperm around the hood, running away from your babies is ghastly behavior and tolerated in some communities.

When you feed the animals at the park, they forget how to fend for themselves. Good lesson in there.....

Reality is poor folks have poor ways. Opportunity plays a big role too, but more often than not there is opportunity that just doesn't fit the individual's choice of what they want to do.Holding out for management might not always be the answer. Flipping burgers is not a career....

There is a huge shortage of Welders, Carpenters and Pipe fitters in the USA right now. Even stating helper jobs in these areas ar $12.50 an hour.....after two years a welder can make 6 figures. Yet our schools still stress college (even though a huge group cannot hack it or shouldn't even try)

We could shift some of the schooling towards TRADE based jobs. No shame in driving a truck or fitting a pipe to fuel the growth of America.....

The "gold rush" is on for young folks willing to work hard in the oil and gas fields of Texas, Nebraska, North and South Dakota....

Now for the folks that want to teach their kids the someone owes them something, that crack is a sustainable way of life and that sleeping all day and theiving all night will work out for the future need to get a grip. Spreading your sperm around the hood, running away from your babies is ghastly behavior and tolerated in some communities.

When you feed the animals at the park, they forget how to fend for themselves. Good lesson in there.....

As everyone becomes poorer so do republicans.. we all have a vested interest in improving our lives

Id say none of the above. i think lack of opportunity is the reason we have poverty today.

LMFAO

WRONG!!!

The opportunity is there, IF you wanna work hard.

They have Apprenticeship Programs where you can "earn while you learn". work for four years as an Apprentice and THEN you are a journeyman (qualified Welder, Carpenter and Pipe fitter, etc.).

And NO "college loans" to pay back, either (bonus)

Plenty of opportunity IF people want to take advantage of it. :)

They have Apprenticeship Programs where you can "earn while you learn". work for four years as an Apprentice and THEN you are a journeyman (qualified Welder, Carpenter and Pipe fitter, etc.).

And NO "college loans" to pay back, either (bonus)

Plenty of opportunity IF people want to take advantage of it. :)

Post a job bgr39

I think it's in part hereditary, you get if from your parents. And your peers. Not a biological thing but a cultural one.

If your parents don't value education and hard work why would you?

If everyone you know is having babies and they are given a comfortable lifestyle why wouldn't you?

If you're told you're dumb and told others want to keep you down because of your color or ethnicity why would you even try?

If you look around your neighborhood and the only successful people you see are criminals that choice looks pretty good.

Of course many come to this country with nothing but a desire to succeed in the American dream. Their poverty is probably temporary.

LMFAO

WRONG!!!

The opportunity is there, IF you wanna work hard.

lmao if there.is no opportunity then how can you work hard. lol rofl.

https://www.ndworkforceconnection.com/vosnet/Default.aspx

General Overview of Oilfield Positions

Opportunities continue in North Dakota’s energy industry. The oilfield is seeking experienced workers to meet the ever-growing demand. Positions are available in both exploration and production. Take a look at the North Dakota Oilfield Employment Guide for oilfield-related information and resources.

Some oilfield-related positions include:

•Shop technician

•Sales

•Clerical

•Mechanical

•Welder

•Roustabout

•Truck driver

•Electronic tech

•Operator assistant

•Seismic

•Crane operator

•Concrete

•Finisher

•Mud logger

•Most positions are labor-intensive and involve outdoor work in all weather conditions.

•Minimum age restrictions may be 18 or 21 years old.

•Drug testing is required in the hiring process and performed randomly on the job.

•Most positions require a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.

•Some require a commercial driver’s license (CDL), or the ability to acquire one.

•Significant overtime hours may be available.

•It is important to check with the company regarding work schedules.

Search now for oilfield jobs

Oilfield Wage Information

Wages in the oilfield vary based on position, company, and experience. It is not uncommon to see wages listed as “DOE” – or depends on experience – when viewing the job listings on jobsnd.com.

For more information on wages in the area, click on the link below.

Quarterly Review

Yeah i hear of opportunity. but some people don't have that info. thanks for posting it. it might help someone get a job.

Five by five have you looked into forklift jobs?

LMFAO

has he looked into ANY jobs?

LMFAO

has he looked into ANY jobs?

Do you think I can maintain my my mortage as a forklift driver??

Yes I realize I must be able to operate a forklift to make a living.. but I have no experience

Of all the common nuclear fuels, Pu-239 has the smallest critical mass. A spherical untampered critical mass is about 11 kg (24.2 lbs),[1] 10.2 cm (4") in diameter. Using appropriate triggers, neutron reflectors, implosion geometry and tampers, this critical mass can be reduced by more than twofold. This optimization usually requires a large nuclear development organization supported by a sovereign nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium-239

I am an engineer.. do you want engineers driving forklifts???

Yes I realize I must be able to operate a forklift to make a living.. but I have no experience

Of all the common nuclear fuels, Pu-239 has the smallest critical mass. A spherical untampered critical mass is about 11 kg (24.2 lbs),[1] 10.2 cm (4") in diameter. Using appropriate triggers, neutron reflectors, implosion geometry and tampers, this critical mass can be reduced by more than twofold. This optimization usually requires a large nuclear development organization supported by a sovereign nation.

And a nation of forklift drivers will not do much to increase tax revenue

And a nation of forklift drivers will not do much to increase tax revenue

First of all there has to be product that needs transport

What the hell good is an engineering degree IF you can't find a job in engineering?

Ya do what ya gotta do to survive, feed and house your family. Ya think "fork-truck driver" is beneath you?

Take two jobs, three IF you need to, but, don't just sit there crying "oh woe is me".

Do you think that one job would last your entire lifetime?

Get ur a$$ out and start finding jobs before you ARE thrown outta your house.

Do you think that you are the only person that has been let go from a job?

The whole bad economy is "H"s fault, He is such an idiolog that he cant even see that his policies are doing the damage it is doing to the country/economy, how would he be able to realize he is wrong and change course?

The economy was strong enough to with stand a looming recession and 9/11. Trouble is, when our economy hit the low, our idiolog-in-Chief put his boot on the throat of the economy and has kept it there since 2009 when the recession ended..

"H" is against fossil fuels, "H" is against coal, "H" is against nuclear power, "H" is even against building the Canadian-Texas pipeline that would give our refineries work, employ 20,000 people building the pipeline, MAYBE give a little confidence to the economy, but by itself, wont do an awful lot.