Another corrupt dimocrat busted.

CNN of course tries to hide the fact that he is a dimocrat. No wonder they're nearly gone from the airwaves. People are tired of their left wing spin and deceit. I supplied the picture as CNN seemed to be too ashamed to post it.

6ce6ee26-aa35-11e3-9d4b-00151712edf8.jpg

Charlotte mayor accused of bribery, extortion
By Greg Botelho, CNN
updated 10:36 PM EDT, Wed March 26, 2014

(CNN) -- FBI agents on Wednesday arrested the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, for allegedly taking tens of thousands of dollars worth of bribes "in exchange for the use of his official position," the U.S. attorney's office said.

Patrick D. Cannon, 47, faces federal charges of theft and bribery concerning programs receiving federal funds, honest services wire fraud and extortion under color of official right, according to a press release from U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins of western North Carolina.
The Charlotte mayor's office declined a CNN request for comment. However, CNN obtained a copy of Cannon's resignation letter, sent to City of Charlotte Manager Ron Carlee and City Attorney Bob Hagemann.
"I hereby give notice of my resignation from the position of the Mayor of the City of Charlotte, effective immediately. In light of the charges that have been brought against me, it is my judgment that the pendency of these charges will create too much of a distraction for the business of the City to go forward smoothly and without interruption," Cannon wrote in the letter.
"I regret that I have to take this action, but I believe that it is in the best interest of the City for me to do so."
First elected to City Council in 1993 -- when he was 26 and two years removed from graduating from North Carolina A&T State University -- Cannon served through 2005, including the last four years as mayor pro tem.
Cannon, the president of a private parking business, spent four years out of office until being elected to City Council again in 2009. Between 2010 and 2013, he served as both a council member and mayor pro tem until his election as mayor in November 2013.
Federal authorities launched their corruption investigation in August 2010, using FBI agents who posed as commercial real estate developers and investors looking to do business in the North Carolina city, Tompkins' office said.
Investigators documented five separate occasions between January 2013 and February 2014 in which Cannon allegedly took more than $48,000 in cash, airline tickets, a hotel room and a luxury apartment from the undercover agents.
In the last instance, authorities say Cannon got $20,000 in cash in the mayor's office.
He allegedly accepted the largesse in exchange for returning the favor using his powers as a City Council member, mayor pro tem and, eventually, mayor.
Cannon appeared in court Wednesday and was released on bond, the U.S. attorney's office reported.
If convicted on all charges, he could be sentenced to as many as 50 years in federal prison and pay as much as $1.5 million in fines, officials said.
Cannon succeeded then-Mayor Anthony Foxx, who in July 2013 was sworn in as U.S. Transportation Secretary.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/justice/charlotte-mayor-alleged-corruption/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

How about another?

Anti-Gun CA Senator Leland Yee Charged With Gun Running

Dan Zimmerman
The Truth About Guns
March 27, 2014

In what would surely place his likeness prominently on the Mt. Rushmore of hypocrisy if the allegations are proven in a court of law, famously anti-gun California state Senator Leland Yee has been charged with, in addition to bribery and public corruption…yes…gun running. Specifically conspiring with known organized crime lord Kwok Cheung “Shrimp Boy” Chow to illegally import firearms and sell them without a license . . .

The affidavit charges that the $2 million worth of weapons to have been secreted into the country from the Philippines included rocket launchers and machine guns, some of which Yee himself had fired while on Mindanao. A portion of the weapons Yee conspired to bring into the U.S. through New Jersey were to have been forwarded on to North Africa via Sicily.

We’ve yet to get through the full 154-page affidavit for all of the juicy details, but you can see for yourself here. If it’s possible to die of an overdose of schadenfreude, we may need to call 911 in the next few minutes.

Three dimocrat senators busted so far this year for corruption, now throw in a dimocrat mayor.

No how about him being the 3rd major. New Orleans, Trenton NJ,

Aaaannnnd another dimocrat busted..

Public Graft: Democrats love to lecture CEOs and the "one percent" about "greed," but recent busts of Democrat pols show they're the ones on the take. Perhaps the party should clean up its own act.
On Wednesday, the FBI raided the offices of three Democrat politicians coast-to-coast on corruption charges.
They include Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon, a Friend of Barack, who allegedly took more than $48,000 in bribes — including $20,000 in cash from an undercover agent, who delivered the bribe, "American Hustle"-style, inside a briefcase in the mayor's office.
During another payoff, Cannon, who helped bring the 2012 Democratic National Convention to Charlotte, "placed the money near his ear and fanned the bills," the federal complaint says.
It doesn't get much sleazier.
The next day, when New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin (another Democrat) was indicted on bribery and money-laundering charges, Cannon called the undercover agent and tried to characterize the bribe as a business investment. Then, a la Jesse Jackson Jr., he arranged part of a future bribe as "spending money" for his wife on a trip to Vegas.
Most disturbing, Cannon traded on his connections to the White House. According to the complaint, Cannon told an agent posing as a real estate developer: "So, you know, Friday I'm meeting with the president . . . I'm taking the missus with me. We're gonna do a holiday party with the president and his wife."
While the FBI was bribing Cannon, President Obama tapped his best pal on the Charlotte city council, Anthony Foxx, as his transportation chief. The FBI says Cannon was not the only target of its investigation, which involves other officials and is still active.
At almost the same time Cannon was hauled in, a powerful California Democrat, state Sen. Leland Yee, was arrested on charges of theft, bribery and extortion.
Yee, who's tied to Chinese gangster Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow and convicted Hillary Clinton bundler Norman Hsu, sought the job of state secretary, the office that runs California's elections.
An outspoken advocate of gun control, Yee conspired to traffic in high-powered weapons in exchange for campaign cash, the FBI affidavit says, taking Democrat hypocrisy to new heights.
Yee's bust follows last month's conviction of Democrat colleague Sen. Rod Wright on voter fraud and perjury charges, and June's arrest of another Democratic powerhouse from California — state Sen. Ron Calderon. He was caught in a similar FBI sting taking $100,000 in bribes, lavish trips and no-show jobs for his kids in exchange for legislative favors.
Also on Wednesday, FBI agents raided the Albany, N.Y., offices of Queens Democratic Assemblyman Bill Scarborough. Just five days earlier, the FBI raided the offices of Rhode Island House Speaker Gordon Fox, also a Democrat.
It's plain Democrats have a serious ethics and image problem, but you'd never know it from media coverage. The mono-partisan media are doing their best to divorce the perps from their party.
These supposed watchdogs on public graft can't bear to report that Democrats who have long championed government as a force for good are doing a lot of rotten things that make government look worse than ever.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/032714-694973-three-democrats-busted-in-national-fbi-raid-day.htm#ixzz2xM5LflPh
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/032714-694973-three-democrats-busted-in-national-fbi-raid-day.htm

There is mass corruption on both sides of the aisle.

Nothing new there.

There is corruption on both sides...but the term "mass corruption" belongs to the left. And that includes the liberal media as well.

Liberal Geraldo Rivera acknowledges the the main stream media tries to hide or ignore corruption on the left.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/03/28/Geraldo-No-Doubt-Main-Stream-Media-Hiding-Corrupt-Democrats-Party-Affiliations

CNN of course tries to hide the fact that he is a dimocrat. No wonder they're nearly gone from the airwaves. People are tired of their left wing spin and deceit. I supplied the picture as CNN seemed to be too ashamed to post it.

6ce6ee26-aa35-11e3-9d4b-00151712edf8.jpg

Charlotte mayor accused of bribery, extortion

By Greg Botelho, CNN

updated 10:36 PM EDT, Wed March 26, 2014

(CNN) -- FBI agents on Wednesday arrested the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, for allegedly taking tens of thousands of dollars worth of bribes "in exchange for the use of his official position," the U.S. attorney's office said.

Patrick D. Cannon, 47, faces federal charges of theft and bribery concerning programs receiving federal funds, honest services wire fraud and extortion under color of official right, according to a press release from U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins of western North Carolina.

The Charlotte mayor's office declined a CNN request for comment. However, CNN obtained a copy of Cannon's resignation letter, sent to City of Charlotte Manager Ron Carlee and City Attorney Bob Hagemann.

"I hereby give notice of my resignation from the position of the Mayor of the City of Charlotte, effective immediately. In light of the charges that have been brought against me, it is my judgment that the pendency of these charges will create too much of a distraction for the business of the City to go forward smoothly and without interruption," Cannon wrote in the letter.

"I regret that I have to take this action, but I believe that it is in the best interest of the City for me to do so."

First elected to City Council in 1993 -- when he was 26 and two years removed from graduating from North Carolina A&T State University -- Cannon served through 2005, including the last four years as mayor pro tem.

Cannon, the president of a private parking business, spent four years out of office until being elected to City Council again in 2009. Between 2010 and 2013, he served as both a council member and mayor pro tem until his election as mayor in November 2013.

Federal authorities launched their corruption investigation in August 2010, using FBI agents who posed as commercial real estate developers and investors looking to do business in the North Carolina city, Tompkins' office said.

Investigators documented five separate occasions between January 2013 and February 2014 in which Cannon allegedly took more than $48,000 in cash, airline tickets, a hotel room and a luxury apartment from the undercover agents.

In the last instance, authorities say Cannon got $20,000 in cash in the mayor's office.

He allegedly accepted the largesse in exchange for returning the favor using his powers as a City Council member, mayor pro tem and, eventually, mayor.

Cannon appeared in court Wednesday and was released on bond, the U.S. attorney's office reported.

If convicted on all charges, he could be sentenced to as many as 50 years in federal prison and pay as much as $1.5 million in fines, officials said.

Cannon succeeded then-Mayor Anthony Foxx, who in July 2013 was sworn in as U.S. Transportation Secretary.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/justice/charlotte-mayor-alleged-corruption/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

He's not corrupt. He's just a Democrat. LMAO!