Does Atheism Exist?

The fundamental teaching of all valid religions is Unity.

All scientific evidence supports the concept of universal Unity.

So what is atheism? :huh:

As a school of thought, its' fundamental teaching, of not unity, seems ilogical.

Is it anti-God? "God" is just what our primate brains call the ultimate source of being.

So, is it just the word that is the issue?

Or is atheism just, anti-Personal "God"? How developing a personal relationship with a non-human part of our existence is inherently wrong?

I have two dogs. They both have names. Whether I call them dog, or by their name, they still want their bellies scratched. ;)

I think atheism is really a rejection of the selfish and terrible things that people due under the guise of religion.

Like Muslims oppressing women. Or Christians persecuting gays. Or the reverse.

I agree.

But the farmer in me hates to waste a good thing.

Religion is a tool. It all depends on how it is used.

I think we should take the tool out of the hands of immature and unenlightened individuals and make it the tool to build a bettter future.

We do not need to pretend that all is not one to change those who think they own "God".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fundamental teaching of all valid religions is Unity.

All scientific evidence supports the concept of universal Unity.

So what is atheism? :huh:

As a school of thought, its' fundamental teaching, of not unity, seems ilogical.

Is it anti-God? "God" is just what our primate brains call the ultimate source of being.

So, is it just the word that is the issue?

Or is atheism just, anti-Personal "God"? How developing a personal relationship with a non-human part of our existence is inherently wrong?

I have two dogs. They both have names. Whether I call them dog, or by their name, they still want their bellies scratched. ;)

I think atheism is really a rejection of the selfish and terrible things that people due under the guise of religion.

Like Muslims oppressing women. Or Christians persecuting gays. Or the reverse.

I agree.

But the farmer in me hates to waste a good thing.

Religion is a tool. It all depends on how it is used.

I think we should take the tool out of the hands of immature and unenlightened individuals and make it the tool to build a bettter future.

We do not need to pretend that all is not one to change those who think they own "God".

"The Lord showed me, so that I did see clearly, that he did not dwell in these temples which men had commanded and set up, but in people's hearts ... his people were his temple, and he dwelt in them." - George Fox

(BTW, Are you smoking something this evening, Mister Sage?)

"The Lord showed me, so that I did see clearly, that he did not dwell in these temples which men had commanded and set up, but in people's hearts ... his people were his temple, and he dwelt in them." - George Fox

(BTW, Are you smoking something this evening, Mister Sage?)

Well, I am a bit of a hobbit. :blush: But I do try limit some things to only during spiritual pursuits, now that I am out of my Tweens. :D

I like the quote. :)

atheism is the refusal to deny the obvious

Dumb frog is oblivious to the obvious.

Enlighten me, if you would. :)

Well, I am a bit of a hobbit. :blush: But I do try limit some things to only during spiritual pursuits, now that I am out of my Tweens. :D

I like the quote. :)

If you like the quote and are a seeker, may I recommend you persue this: http://orangecountyquakers.org/quakers/seekers/faq.htm#Q02

(we don't bite, promise)

If you like the quote and are a seeker, may I recommend you persue this: http://orangecountyquakers.org/quakers/seekers/faq.htm#Q02

(we don't bite, promise)

Thanks for the connect. The Frog loves the Friends. :)

Have known many and have seen that their expression of Christianty is as authentic as they come.

it's like non-alchemist or non-astrologer

Hard to imagine science ever existing without these two fields, I am speaking of course as a scientist. Thanks for the response, I still do not see where I differ from an atheist or what the fundamental principle or concept of atheism is. Perhaps better clarity in your logic would help me see the error of my ways. I am open to learn and try to be fair, although sometimes I fail miserably. :)

Hard to imagine science ever existing without these two fields,

I still do not see where I differ from an atheist or what the fundamental principle or concept of atheism is.

not for me

it boils down to non-believe in b.s.

Science is continually changing what it thinks it knows.....

It thought the atom was the smallest before it thought the electrons and neutrons were found....then there was the quarks and muons (sp) etc.

Light became photons.... hell pluto used to be a planet.

Is God the exact being as describe in the bible, or the Koran or is scientology the key? I don't know but I am not arrogant enough to believe this was all a collection of accidents.

When I stand inchs away from a brilliant piece of art, I do not have to have someone prove to me that it was created by someone i can't see.

Besides, the fact that my arm is exactly long enough for me to wipe my own ass is proof enough ;)

So, so far not a single atheist has come with any logical argument or answer to any of my questions. Insults and cutsie phrases which can conviently summed up in the simple phrase "We say so."

No wonder you can't stand Fundamentalists. Your just like them!

You debate like them.

You talk like them.

You are judgemental like them.

You are them.

Same disease; different clinical manifestation.

In the spirit of equanimity and following the teachings of Jesus, I will give the same challenge I gave to the bible Worshiper Cli1rus.

If there is anyone mature enough within your denomination/ sect who can actually discuss atheism with logic and reason, see if you can locate them.

Otherwise, your score card on the b.s. scale is pretty much the same as the religous extremists.

Lets see if you can walk the walk, or if your just talking crap like the Fundmentalists.

Triple Frog Dare!

atheism is the refusal to deny the obvious

So why are there only 7% of the population atheists?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/americans-continue-believe-god.aspx

This sliver of the population want to rule the country instead of accepting the simple fact that this is a Christian country. Christians have been all over the governments in this country since the start of it. Where are the Christian take over of the laws of the country. They rant and rave about what Christians will do if they get control of the Government but they have been in control of it from the start. Pathetic rants ignoring the real facts.

ATHEISITS ARE A SLIVER

OF THE POPULATION

So, so far not a single atheist has come with any logical argument or answer to any of my questions. Insults and cutsie phrases which can conviently summed up in the simple phrase "We say so."

No wonder you can't stand Fundamentalists. Your just like them!

You debate like them.

You talk like them.

You are judgemental like them.

You are them.

Same disease; different clinical manifestation.

In the spirit of equanimity and following the teachings of Jesus, I will give the same challenge I gave to the bible Worshiper Cli1rus.

If there is anyone mature enough within your denomination/ sect who can actually discuss atheism with logic and reason, see if you can locate them.

Otherwise, your score card on the b.s. scale is pretty much the same as the religous extremists.

Lets see if you can walk the walk, or if your just talking crap like the Fundmentalists.

Triple Frog Dare!

why do you charge some group with not figuriing it out for ypu/

why do you charge some group with not figuriing it out for ypu/

I am not charging atheists. I am trying to clarify what they are against. :mellow:

I happen to like atheists.

But I do not think they reject the notion of fundamental unity or higher order or purpose.

Nor do I think any reasonable atheist would deny the good that can come from spirituality and even religion.

I know too well the terrible atrocities it has and does do now as well.

I also mourn and depise these things. As do all self realized individuals. Dali Lama to Dr. Stephen Hawking.

"God" and religion in general is not to blame.

People are to blame.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We need to focus if we are going to solve the religion problem.

Religion is sick, not useless.

Just as atheism is sick, NOT useless. :mellow:

"All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

We have REAL work to get done and not a lot of good listeners or workers.

Just a lot of good talkers.

I am not charging atheists. I am trying to clarify what they are against. :mellow:

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

already told ya, they are against b.s. like the virgin birth, world created in six days

what other way is there to get rid of the baby?

already told ya, they are against b.s. like the virgin birth, world created in six days

what other way is there to get rid of the baby?

The only who is obessed with that mythological/traditional junk are fundamentalists and apparently atheists from what I am reading.

Do I sound like the Fat Pharisee Jerry Falwell to you? Or some religously illiterate cafeteria Christian zoning out every Sunday to vengeful visions of literally flamming homosexuals in some imagined Crapture? :huh:

Think again my friend.

Don't lie and don't do what you hate.

Recognize what is front of your face and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you.

Love your friends like your own soul, protect them like the pupil of your eye.

Tell me their is no logic or truth to these statements and then claim the lot is worthless.

The virgin birth of Jesus matters no more to the truly Faithful then the virgin birth of the Buddha or the generation of Minerva.

Atheism: What you see is what you get.

The belief that the natural world as revealed by our senses and logic is all there is. We may not be able to sense and understand everything about the universe but we have never and probably will never encounter the supernatural. No ghosts, goblins, gods, angels, devils, etc. I don't know how the universe was created, certainly not why, but if was by design I don't know if we'll ever quite comprehend. To the fish in my aquarium, the glass is an impenetrable barrier to a world they could never comprehend.

Atheism: What you see is what you get.

The belief that the natural world as revealed by our senses and logic is all there is. We may not be able to sense and understand everything about the universe but we have never and probably will never encounter the supernatural. No ghosts, goblins, gods, angels, devils, etc. I don't know how the universe was created, certainly not why, but if was by design I don't know if we'll ever quite comprehend. To the fish in my aquarium, the glass is an impenetrable barrier to a world they could never comprehend.

This is the most reason and well stated definition of atheism I has thus seen. Thank you.

Frog does not believe in the supernatural either.

He just believes that is a heck of a lot more natural things in the universe than he will ever jam into his frog brain with his frog senses, like you said above.

"Spiritual life is the bouquet of natural life, not the other way around." - Joseph Campbell

Thank you very much for the post! :):)

Why are americans so OBSESSED with weirdo religions?

Just think for yourselves.... Why do you need some mad organised nonsense?

Is it connected to you living in a dictatorship?

Why do atheist reject the concept of Unfied Field Theory and Science? :huh:

Why are they OBESSED with deabating the mythological and ethnic aspects of a unversal principle? :huh:

Inquiring and logical minds would like to know.

It makes me laugh considering atheists are among of God's favorites. :D

To paraphrase the Bard,

Methinks the atheist doth protest too much.