Woman Convicted of Voter Fraud Honored by Democrats

(Breitbart) – Ohio Democrats, still pushing their phony “voter suppression” meme, kicked off a campaign tonight to put a constitutional amendment on the November ballot. They even brought in Al Sharpton for support.

Sharon Coolidge of the Cincinnati Enquirer tweeted coverage of the event, and it seemed to be the same tired arguments that have been repeated endlessly, until she reported something interesting.

Remember Melowese Richardson?

She was a poll worker who used her position to vote for Obama multiple times. She is one of the few who ever gets caught for voter fraud and was sentenced to five years in prison.

CINCINNATI -
A long-time poll worker who admitted to illegal voting was sentenced to five years in prison Wednesday
and received a rebuke from the judge, who cited her criminal past. Melowese Richardson, 58, pleaded no contest to four counts of illegal voting in 2009, 2011 and 2012. One count charged her with voting for her sister, who is in a coma. Four other counts were dropped in exchange for Richardson’s plea. During a passionate sentencing speech, Hamilton County Judge Robert P. Ruehlman laid out a laundry list of past charges against Richardson – from witness harassment to theft to assault – as Richardson stood before him. “I’m Melowese Richardson. I take the law into my own hands. I do what I want,”
Ruehlman said. “It’s about criminal activity. You are a criminal.”

That was only eight months ago. For some reason, she has already been released. At an event that was all about voting law, Ohio Democrats invited a person guilty of multiple counts of voter fraud to speak – to “welcome her back” and applaud her. They invited her up to the stage, like some sort of hero.

Democrats seem to oppose any changes in the law that make it harder to cheat. Their embrace of Melowese Richardson shows where their intentions actually lie.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/21/Woman-convicted-of-voter-fraud-honored-by-Ohio-Democrats

they are disgusting and brag about thier cheating.

"I am very glad the county prosecutor and judge reconsidered and got her out of jail, but she is not a hero," Hamilton County Democratic Party Chairman Tim Burke, who was at the rally, told the Enquirer. "What she did was criminal conduct and was particularly problematic because of her role as a poll worker."

Hamilton County Democratic Party Executive Director Caleb Faux, who was also at the rally, saw it as an attempt to portray Richardson as a martyr because of the lengthy sentence.

"There is some validity that the sentence was too harsh," Faux told the Enquirer. "But I don't see how you can hold her up as an example of somebody to be proud of. What she did was reprehensible."

"I am very glad the county prosecutor and judge reconsidered and got her out of jail, but she is not a hero," Hamilton County Democratic Party Chairman Tim Burke, who was at the rally, told the Enquirer. "What she did was criminal conduct and was particularly problematic because of her role as a poll worker."

Hamilton County Democratic Party Executive Director Caleb Faux, who was also at the rally, saw it as an attempt to portray Richardson as a martyr because of the lengthy sentence.

"There is some validity that the sentence was too harsh," Faux told the Enquirer. "But I don't see how you can hold her up as an example of somebody to be proud of. What she did was reprehensible."

She should still be in jail, she committed voter fraud, and you condone it

(Breitbart) – Ohio Democrats, still pushing their phony “voter suppression” meme, kicked off a campaign tonight to put a constitutional amendment on the November ballot. They even brought in Al Sharpton for support.

Sharon Coolidge of the Cincinnati Enquirer tweeted coverage of the event, and it seemed to be the same tired arguments that have been repeated endlessly, until she reported something interesting.

Remember Melowese Richardson?

She was a poll worker who used her position to vote for Obama multiple times. She is one of the few who ever gets caught for voter fraud and was sentenced to five years in prison.

CINCINNATI -
A long-time poll worker who admitted to illegal voting was sentenced to five years in prison Wednesday
and received a rebuke from the judge, who cited her criminal past. Melowese Richardson, 58, pleaded no contest to four counts of illegal voting in 2009, 2011 and 2012. One count charged her with voting for her sister, who is in a coma. Four other counts were dropped in exchange for Richardson’s plea. During a passionate sentencing speech, Hamilton County Judge Robert P. Ruehlman laid out a laundry list of past charges against Richardson – from witness harassment to theft to assault – as Richardson stood before him. “I’m Melowese Richardson. I take the law into my own hands. I do what I want,”
Ruehlman said. “It’s about criminal activity. You are a criminal.”

That was only eight months ago. For some reason, she has already been released. At an event that was all about voting law, Ohio Democrats invited a person guilty of multiple counts of voter fraud to speak – to “welcome her back” and applaud her. They invited her up to the stage, like some sort of hero.

Democrats seem to oppose any changes in the law that make it harder to cheat. Their embrace of Melowese Richardson shows where their intentions actually lie.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/21/Woman-convicted-of-voter-fraud-honored-by-Ohio-Democrats

The dems...the gift that keeps on giving going into November Midterm. :)

Rethugs should be gratefull for all the Diebold electronic voting machines that are hackable and have rigged elections for them over the years!

And be gratefull for the rigged USSC that threw the election to Bush!

They just cant win elections without cheating!

"There is some validity that the sentence was too harsh," Faux told the Enquirer.

Too harsh?

NONSENSE.

Voting more than once is a FEDERAL Class IV felony.

EACH COUNT is punishable with a fine up to $10,000 and/or up to 5 years in prison.

She faced 8 counts total in 3 different elections.

In one case, she voted twice herself.

In the other counts, she voted using relative names.

In one case, she even voted using the name of her sister who was in a coma.

In another, she used a grandchild's name.

They dropped half of the charges in exchange for her pleading to four.

So, in my opinion, she already got her leniency.

Then during sentencing, she turned around and claimed it was all a "simple mistake".

Yeah, I'm sure it's easy to make the mistake of voting with someone else's identity.

Repeatedly.

Finally, she was unrepentent.

At her sentencing, She told the judge that "I take the law into my own hands. I do what I want."

If you ask me, her penalty wasn't harsh enough.

She deserved to be made an object lesson.

Especially since she was a poll worker … a position of trust.

Especially if we wish to deter this sort of behavior.

Instead, we find black leaders (all Democrats) celebrating her behavior.

And LF Democrats defending her.