The Biggest Laugh I've Had in Weeks!

Ok, all my Libforum associates!...I was going to say something all week, about how Putin, like all bullies always do,
is taking advantage of the situation, taking advantage of America having a pantywaist, who not only has never been mistaken for "tough", has never even held a real job!
But NOW, this Halperin guy, who has special glasses to see in front of Obama's crotch, so that if Barack stops SHORT, Halperin won't get his nose stuck somewhere smelly, ACTUALLY SAID, "Reagan never had to face a Soviet leader like this".....Haaaaaaahaha!.....READ WHAT THE READERS HAD TO SAY!..THEIR COMMENTS ARE THE FUNNIEST THING YET!*
230817_1_.jpg
Weigh In, Join The Discussion

kb7032 14 days ago

Is this guy serious? I know he is the messanger for the administration, but come on, dude. I hope I am not the only one who remembers the old party hardliners like Chenrenko and Andropov. Reagan was dealing with a paranoid leadership in the Kremlin. This guy has no knowledge of history, and attempting to rewrite history isn't going to cut it during this crisis. I am also not suprised that he is willing to blissfully show his ignorance. This is why the ratings at this so called news outlet are in the toilet.

People kb7032 14 days ago

There comes a time in every Journo's life when he must step forward and carry the party line. The veracity of what's said doesn't matter; it's only designed to carry the moment.

Rumpelstilskin kb7032 14 days ago

We're lucky they never faced an American Leader like Obama.

pescado kb7032 14 days ago

he probably never heard of andropov because he went to a liberal journalist school

silencedogood20 kb7032 14 days ago

Thank you! Nuclear chess game vs. lesser empire struggling to rebuild itself and succeeding through our ineptness. Not even close.

jstan442 kb7032 14 days ago

as far as the young are concerned he is telling the truth--they have no idea of our history--that is why they voted for 'hope and change'

deadmanvoting kb7032 14 days ago

Was Halperin even up to the age of puberty when Reagan was president? Apparently, he was NOT around during a REAL presidency.......

frdmbased kb7032 14 days ago

And Brezhnev! Halperin is 49 so unlikly he remembers the early years of Reagan's terms in office. That said look up his wiki page and it is clear he leans to the left. Then you have MSNBC enforcing the Pavlov syndrome by suspending him for a month when he criticized Obama.

OnOurOwn kb7032 13 days ago

Most libs today probably think Chenrenko was a nuclear power plant disaster, and Andropov is a cheap Russian vodka. That's what we're dealing with here.

Doroteo_Villa 14 days ago

"I bet Aquaman could beat Superman. He could order the whales to drown him"....

Mark Halperin, who probably tinkles sitting down, is desperately reaching here.

...but you gotta' love him for trying, albeit shamelessly, to try and compare the totemic Ronald Reagan with a community organizer that couldn't tie Reagan's shoes.

JoeTheConservative 14 days ago

Reagan didn't tell the Russian President, "After the election, I will have more flexibility" either....

stephen JoeTheConservative 13 days ago

Yea Reagan walked off on Gorbachev on nuclear talks. I bet Obama wouldn't do that; it would show the piss stain on the front of his pants if he ever had to face Putin in that situation

MMann0770 14 days ago

Let's ignore Halperin's cheap shot at Reagan for a second and think about a president who may have faced a Russian as 'ruthless' as Putin. Hmmm...who could that be??? Oh yeah - George W Bush. Funny, but I don't recall Putin being so ruthless during those 8 years. He seemed more toothless than the abominable snowman. Of course, Bush never offered Putin 'more flexibility' like President Momma Pants did before the 2012 election...

ironchuck 14 days ago

As relevant a commentary as "Michael Jordan never faced today's defenses."

Dan+A 14 days ago

Is there any doubt that those in the liberal media who now inhabit a domain once held by real journalists and reporters are incoherently incapable understanding the concept of reality? Any whatsoever?

BestandBrightest 14 days ago

What an abject embarassment the media has become. Someone shoot this dog and put it out of its misery..

Mark Bernstein 14 days ago

Why did Putin only turn 'ruthless' when the Barack Obama [the thinking man's Chris Mathews] took office?

PSGute 14 days ago

This is pretty close to the dumbest thing that I have heard from this administration and it's shills.
    Reagan faced a Soviet (Russian) leadership that had been aggressively expanding world wide and backed them down. He stated in clear, unambiguous terms that the United States would stand against Soviet (Russian) aggression worldwide. AND
    He broke them.

MontDubya 14 days ago

Yeah, because Leo Brezhnev (1964-1982) was a real pussycat...

But forget that Halperin, you know who faced "a Russian leader like this" (even back then it was Putin) a pro-western Ukrainian revolution and an ouster of Yanukovych (yep, same guy there too...) in 2005?? That's right George W. Bush, and we all remember how Putin then shrewdly played W. and brazenly invaded the Ukraine... Except, that never happened.

The jig is up Halperin, President Obama has been a massive failure at home and abroad, the people know it (just look at his polling) and it's time you faced the music as well and admit to the American people that your guy, the media's darling, the "cerebral" "no-drama" professor who was going to "heal the planet and slow the rise of the oceans" (How's that "healing" working out in Syria, Egypt, Eastern Europe, Lybia, Iraq, Afghanistan, the South China Sea, Venezuela etc.?? But whatever, "hope and change" man!) has been a disaster not seen since the days of James Earl Carter jr., let's just hope the next guy is a Reagan who can clean up his mess.

Reagan...the godfather of US debt and the war on the middle class. The Soviet Union was crumbling. He used that to send our country into a free fall.

"The Godfather" lol...80's were an economic boom for the middle class. Maybe Obama should have shadowed Reagan and learned what a real leader is, instead of relying on "dreams from my father".

"The Godfather" lol...80's were an economic boom for the middle class. Maybe Obama should have shadowed Reagan and learned what a real leader is, instead of relying on "dreams from my father".

Google national debt and Reagan. Your ignorance is shocking.

Reagan was easily the best in my lifetime. (66 yrs old). Carter was the worst until this poseur came along. Two groups of voters are taking a real beating from Oblameo. Blacks. Millennials. These two groups voted for him overwhelmingly. Blacks voted for him because he was black and they vote for dems anyway. Millennials bought the schtick of Hope and Change and thought oblameo was hip. The blacks have higher rates of unemployment and oblameo is against charter schools. Millennials have no job prospects except for a part time oblameocare job and will be forced to pay for the ACA. Reagan brought unemployment down to virtually nothing. Anyone who wanted to work had a job. Everybody made money. He ended the recession caused by Carter. He cut income taxes and started a boom that lasted for 20 years. He broke the USSR. As Clinton said: Oblameo would have been serving us coffee a few years ago. Oblameo should not even be in the same sentence as a leader like Reagan.

One thing about Raygun, he wouldn't have remembered any foreign leader 15 minutes after he met them.

The screen writers handed him his script 1 minute before the cameras would roll.,

sometimes he remembered the lines, sometimes he didn't.

Hard to beat that, wake up in new world ever half hour.

Poor ole Ronnie.

Reagan...the godfather of US debt and the war on the middle class. The Soviet Union was crumbling. He used that to send our country into a free fall.

Poor guy ignores that congress holds the purse strings and the reason Clinton was dragged kicking and screaming to a balanced budget was because the Republican congress forced him to. Then he tried to act like it was his idea. The problem is I still remember his plea to the American people to let it happen over 6 years instead of immediately. His next broadcast was an I heard you.

Google national debt and Reagan. Your ignorance is shocking.

They keep ignoring this simple graph of who created jobs and is killing them.

fredgraph.png?&chart_type=line&graph_id=

They also try to ignore the massive deficits that Obama has given us and try the red herring of Reagan deficit. Obama deficit is a shame on the Democrat party because the are part and parcel of it. The typical Democrat tax and spend on steroids.

DISGUSTING DEFICITS BY

DEMOCRATS UNDER OBAMA

Oh, no, endoscopy!......That's not FAY-YER!!!....You CAN'T SHOW a DEPT. OF LABOR DATA GRAPH!

IT 'S NOT FAIR!...... IT'S RACIST, of you, to point out REAL DATA, FOR THE BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS, WITH A GRAPH!

IT'S ALSO RACIST, OF MANY WHITE PEOPLE, WHO PURPOSELY STAYED OUT OF WORK, MADE THEIR FAMILIES GO HUNGRY, JUST SO THEY COULD MAKE OBAMA LOOK BAD!

AND IT DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT OBAMA PUT THOSE BLACK PANTHERS TO WORK, WHEN HE HAD THEM SCARE OLD WHITE LADIES OUT OF THE VOTING LINES , IN PHILADELPHIA!

He ALSO "Saved or Created" some tailoring, glovemaker, black jackboot-maker and black paramilitary uniform-maker jobs, to OUTFIT those Black Panthers, so they would look nice and scary!

Maybe even helped some Hollywood jobs, for the Movie rentals the Panthers took out, to learn how to smack their gloved fists into their hands, and learn to say,

"You betta go home, you Crakka Old Ladies!....Cuz you AIN'T A-GONNA BE DOIN' NO VOTIN' HE-AAA, TOO-DAY!!"

AND, he gave the Philadelphia Police some extra work, when they came out and ARRESTED the Black Panthers, for Violating the Old White Ladies VOTING RIGHTS!

Also, some extra work for Eric Holder's CLERKS, HAVING TO CALL THE PHILADELPHIA POLICE, TO STRONGARM THEM INTO DROPPING ALL CHARGES, AND FOR HOLDER WRITING A NICE PARDON, AND RESUME RECOMMENDATION FOR THEM!...

.Holder wrote them a nice letter, Praising them for "Doing Outreach, in the Community", and "Volunteering their time, for Unpaid Charity Work, helping the Elderly on Election Day"