whats the difference between a harley and a hoover?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fishhead and his friends have a get together to talk about Old Macks bike accident !

picture-fish-head-1.jpgChromePony.jpg

(Additionally helping Old Mack with his post was Niluksi Koswanage, Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah, Stuart Grudgings and Anuradha Raghu in Kuala Lumpur, Mark Hosenball in Washington, Ben Blanchard and Michael Martina in Beijing and Sanjib Kumar Roy and Nita Bhalla in Port Blair, India, Sruthi Gottipati in Visakhapatnam, India, Frank Jack Daniel, Sanjeev Miglani and Douglas Busvine in New Delhi, Jibran Ahmed in Peshawar, Pakistan, and Raushan Nurshayeva in Astana and Olga Dzyubenko in Bishkek; Editing by Nick Macfie and Ross Colvin)

fishhead and his friends have a get together to talk about Old Macks bike accident !

picture-fish-head-1.jpgChromePony.jpg

(Additionally helping Old Mack with his post was Niluksi Koswanage, Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah, Stuart Grudgings and Anuradha Raghu in Kuala Lumpur, Mark Hosenball in Washington, Ben Blanchard and Michael Martina in Beijing and Sanjib Kumar Roy and Nita Bhalla in Port Blair, India, Sruthi Gottipati in Visakhapatnam, India, Frank Jack Daniel, Sanjeev Miglani and Douglas Busvine in New Delhi, Jibran Ahmed in Peshawar, Pakistan, and Raushan Nurshayeva in Astana and Olga Dzyubenko in Bishkek; Editing by Nick Macfie and Ross Colvin)

In my blind drunk days, I almost bought it on my Norton Commando.

Norton-Commando-961-Cafe-Racer.jpg

the position of the dirt bag...

LMFAO

According to YOU, All Harley riders are "dirt bags"???????

Gee, how many have you told to their face?????? :)

Hey, wait a minute!! I have a Harley. (our vacuums are Dyson, though)

LMFAO

Ole' deadfishhead thinks you're a "dirtbag"! :)

many many veterans ride hogs, collect toys for kids, raise money for cancer striken kids, etc.

seems you are the dirtbag

You got THAT RIGHT!!!

I know a lot of Harley riders. One has been known to ride his to a childrens benefit with a santa suit on.

Know some english riders too. :)

LMFAO

According to YOU, All Harley riders are "dirt bags"???????

Gee, how many have you told to their face?????? :)

LMFAO

Ole' deadfishhead thinks you're a "dirtbag"! :)

a-holes can't take a joke...I know 100's of harley riders, some in santa suits, some in dress suits,some in leather undies,,,all good people..none of them as stupid as "you people"...my joke sucked...but u foolz iz laughable!!!

The 70's were the Golden Years for Norton !

that aint no 70's norton, 60's were better, british bikes basically died in 1970.

I am partial to triumph but these egli vincents always caught my eye...

thats the vincent black shadow engine

25_mcintosh_egli-vincent.jpg-1000x671.jp

poor stitches is jealousI also have one of these, except mine is thrashed, mine is the wide ratio like malcolm smith, steve mc queen and mert lawell rode in "on any sunday" [

Are you that lonely that you have to talk tome about your bike?

I'm thrilled you have one. A large % of bikers end up having serious accidents. Looks like we've found the cause of your brain damage.more to come.yippee.

this is like my 400 with 8 speed trans, I dont know how fast it goes but I think it goes over 100

mine is the 1974 wide ratio 8 speed desert model (wr400)

1970 Husqvarna 400 8-Speed / Malcolm Smith

interesting read, this bike went for $15,550 with a tranny/clutch problem

f22fffbbaa010b978acf17e753d97a54.jpg
1970 Husqvarna 400 with "Special Factory 8-Speed for Malcolm Smith"

Purchase includes Original Invoice and Original Memo.

On December 17, 1970 a Special Factory built 400cc 8-Speed engine was received by

MED-INTERNATIONAL in La Mesa, California, via air-freight.

According to a MEMO from Edison Dye, engine (410024 8M) was a

"special 400cc 8-speed built especially for desert" and destined for Malcolm Smith.

The prefix 410xxx was utilized for a limited number of Factory ISDT engines in Europe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Husqvarna-400-NO-RESERVE-Special-Factory-8-Speed-for-Malcolm-Smith-/271206595200?forcerrptr=true&item=271206595200&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3f252c3a80&nma=true&si=Lf7ESo3WdFU9RF4m2xxDn%252BZlE5o%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Had an Atlas & the Commando - had a thing for British bikes. All British bikes were ( are ) very cool. BSA Victor - Triumph Tiger & Bonneville - Royal Enfield. Don't ride street very much these past years. Still do dirt. At it's time - Norton was the fastest production bike. Really jumped ( until I got drunk as a money & hit that pot hole ).

a-holes can't take a joke...I know 100's of harley riders, some in santa suits, some in dress suits,some in leather undies,,,all good people..none of them as stupid as "you people"...my joke sucked...but u foolz iz laughable!!!

ROTFLMFAO

NOW that you have insulted enough people and made an a$$hole outta yourself, you are trying to backpeddle so fast that you probably left your shoes at the last crosswalk. :)

Vincent Black Shadow | Hemmings Daily - Hemmings Motor News

1955 Vincent Black Shadow Series C. ... The most expensive bike at the sale seemed to be a 1952 Vincent Black Shadow, with a $250,000 price tag.

A restored ex-works Vincent Black Shadow will also be offered. This bike was used as part of the factory’s effort to establish a new 24-hour speed record at Montlhéry, France, in 1952. Looking no worse for the wear, the Black Shadow is expected to fetch $150,000 to $200,000. Another Vincent of note, a 1949 998cc ‘Red’ Rapide is expected to draw many bidders with deep pockets and an appreciation for British performance bikes. - See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/tag/vincent-black-shadow/#sthash.H4TxM1Wn.dpuf

1939 Brough Superior SS100 for sale

by Paul Crowe

1939-brough-superior-ss100.jpg

1939 Brough Superior SS100

Every now and then something special comes up for sale and, in my book, this qualifies, a 1939 Brough Superior SS100. Fully restored, it looks about as fine as they come. The best part is it's ready to ride, not just display. Bikes like these should be exercised now and then, it's what they were built for.

1939-brough-superior-ss100b.jpg

The buy it now price is $250,000 but the owner says the reserve is lower so who knows what it will take to put this bike in your collection. These so seldom come up for sale, it should attract a lot of interest. This should be fun to watch.

Link: Brough Superior SS100 for sale

1939-brough-superior-ss100c.jpg

that aint no 70's norton, 60's were better, british bikes basically died in 1970.

I am partial to triumph but these egli vincents always caught my eye...

thats the vincent black shadow engine

25_mcintosh_egli-vincent.jpg-1000x671.jp

No - it's a Cafe. I had a 75. I believe 76 or 77 was the last year.