Jan 2014 Was 4th Warmest on Record & 347 consecutive month above 2

LOLOL....still too stupid to recognize when your demented drivel has been debunked, eh MassStupidity?

"More of the same".....LOLOLOL.....you mean more factual evidence that blows away your delusional nonsense!

You've never presented any factual evidence of CO2 caused global warming. And either you know that and you are purposefully being obstinate or deceitful, or you don't and you are deluded.

Even charts you show don't support the things you say. So I don't know what to do with you except wait 20 years as this cooling cycle that kicked off the last few years shows a lasting trend.

Til then, you are lost in your delusion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've never presented any factual evidence of CO2 caused global warming.

Actually, I and others have presented a great deal of evidence that the 43% increase in atmospheric CO2 levels is the cause of the current abrupt warming trend. You moronically deny it all and pretend you never saw it. LOL.

The fact that the world scientific community absolutely affirms that CO2 is a greenhouse gas that causes warming while you deny it just shows how insane and out of touch with reality you really are, MassStupidity.

Even charts you show don't support the things you say.

That's false. The fact is, you're just too stupid and ignorant about science to have any real idea what the charts and graphs actually mean.

So I don't know what to do with you except wait 20 years as this cooling cycle that kicked off the last few years shows a lasting trend.

Good idea! Go away and wait 20 years until even you can see that the Earth is rapidly warming. Don't come back until then.

You know what. You are right. It actually takes a sophisticated mind to twist and contort that:

A record increase in arctic ice, and therefore icebergs extending much farther south than usual and later into the summer.

Becomes:

Global warming is melting ice.

I mean. It's just pathetic trying to have a conversation with someone so blinded by their ideology they are completely nonsensical.

So I apologize. You are not stupid. You are insane. I hope this becomes a light bulb for a smart person like you to see your growing insanity.

Better?

He said more icebergs than usual survived the trip down south, toward Newfoundlands coast, this year.

I think it has to do with the harshness of the winter, the Memorial University associate professor told Canada AM earlier this week. We had more sea ice around, and when we have more sea ice, there tends to be a preservation of the icebergs.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/east-coast-icebergs-almost-close-enough-to-touch-1.1870001#ixzz34nmdMsIv

Okay, now the question is... if that's the case....before the arctic ice started receding and was at its most recent historical max, why weren't the presence of icebergs more numerous, and Canada busting with iceberg tourists?

Good idea! Go away and wait 20 years until even you can see that the Earth is rapidly warming. Don't come back until then.

And he'll say, "Yep, told the damn fool 20 years ago we couldn't do anything about it. A bunch of fuss and drama for nothing. It's still warm despite his graphs and Obama's press conferences!"

The Earth is warming and had been for many decades now. As long as atmospheric carbon dioxide levels remain severely elevated as they are now, less energy will be able to escape away into space than is being received from the sun every day, so our planet will continue to warm up a little more every year. Variations in several natural climate factors can, to some degree, either enhance or mask the reflection of the underlying continuous warming trend in the surface air temperature records. Surface air temperatures account for less than 3% of the sun's energy the Earth is receiving, while the oceans are absorbing over 90% of the sun's heat. Even in just the surface air temperature record though, the warming trend is very clear. Good instrumental surface air temperature records extend back to 1880, and much farther in certain specific locales.

Here are some examples of the undeniable warming trend, that has not "paused" at all.

* This last January, 2014, was the 4th warmest January on record.

* Last November, 2013, was THE warmest November on record going back to at least 1880.

* January was the ninth consecutive month (since May 2013) with a global monthly temperature among the 10 highest for its respective month in the entire temperature record.

* January was the 38th consecutive January and the 347th consecutive month (almost 29 years) that has been above the 20th century global average temperature.

* 2013 was the 4th warmest year on record.

* 2010 is tied with 2005 as the warmest years on record.

* 2001 to 2010 was the warmest decade on record.

* All of the warmest years on record, going back to at least 1880, have happened since 1998.

* All of the coldest years since 1998 are still warmer than all of the hottest years before 1998.

Forget The Local Cold: Worldwide, It Was Another Hot January

NPR

by SCOTT NEUMAN

February 21, 2014

January will go down in the weather history books as the fourth-warmest on record. That's right.

No matter how brutal the winter was in North America, especially the Eastern half, it was balanced by warm temperatures elsewhere on the planet.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's National Climate Data Center says that last month marks the 38th consecutive January and the 347th consecutive month (almost 29 years) that global temperatures have been above the average for the 20th century.

The last time the average temperature was below-average in January was in 1976 and the last time there was a below-average month was February 1985. Record keeping goes back to 1880.

NOAA says the combined global land and ocean surfaces for last month was 54.8°F (12.7°C), or 1.17°F (0.65°C) above the 20th century January average of 53.6°F (12.0°C):

"Most areas of the world experienced warmer-than-average monthly temperatures, with the most notable warmth across Alaska, western Canada, southern Greenland, south-central Russia, Mongolia, and northern China. Parts of southeastern Brazil and central and southern Africa experienced record warmth, contributing to the warmest January Southern Hemisphere land temperature departure on record at 2.03°F (1.13°C) above the 20th century average. Temperature departures were below the long-term average across the eastern half of the contiguous U.S, Mexico, and much of Russia. However, no regions of the globe were record cold."

The Weather Channel asks "in a warming world, how can it be so bitterly cold? Deke Arndt, a scientist at the National Climatic Data Center explains":

"We see more evidence that we will continue to have cold air outbreaks as the climate continues to warm. Cold air outbreaks, like the type we saw in January, over time, have become statistically more uncommon. Even though it was generally colder than average east of the Continental Divide and in parts of Siberia, it was warmer than average elsewhere. Take Alaska for example. The Last Frontier is normally frigid this time of year, but looking at the map it's clear that temperatures were well above average for January. January's average monthly high temperature for Fairbanks, Alaska is 1.1°F. But the average January high temperature in Fairbanks this year was nearly 15 [degrees] higher than normal, at 16.4°F. At one point, the afternoon high temperature in Fairbanks hit 45°F, which was a tie for its sixth warmest January day on record."

That's as may be but where is the PROOF man is causing it and that it isn't just another natural warming cycle?

Doesn't matter. The message sent, as usual, is "do as I say not as I do."

Sure it does. Did he fly there to give a Commencement Speech, honoring the request of many, and then play golf while he was there... or did he fly to give a Commencement Speech , then fly elsewhere specifically to play golf?

It sure looks like a "combined trip" with one Air Force One take off and one landing to me.

Sure it does. Did he fly there to give a Commencement Speech, honoring the request of many, and then play golf while he was there... or did he fly to give a Commencement Speech , then fly elsewhere specifically to play golf?

It sure looks like a "combined trip" with one Air Force One take off and one landing to me.

They may have....had Obama dropped via parachute. He gave his commencement address in Orange County then golfed in Palm Springs. Unless he parachuted into Irvine then walked out to Palm Springs there appears to have been more than just one take off and landing of Air Force One and the retinue of planes that accompany it. But do look into it, won't you?

That's as may be but where is the PROOF man is causing it and that it isn't just another natural warming cycle?

The natural cycle that the Earth was in before the Industrial Revolution was a long slow cooling phase for the last five or six thousand years, caused by slight changes in the Earth's orbit and axial tilt. There is no "natural warming cycle" happening now. What is happening is a 43% increase in atmospheric CO2 levels resulting from the burning of fossil fuels. Scientists can identify the isotope signature of the fossil carbon in the excess CO2 in the air. Satellites can measure the changes in the wavelengths of the long wave radiation exiting the Earth's atmosphere and determine that the extra CO2 is retaining more of the heat energy that the Earth is continually radiating away into space. The increased CO2 has been scientifically determined to be the cause of the current abrupt warming trend. This is affirmed by virtually the entire world scientific community.

They may have....had Obama dropped via parachute. He gave his commencement address in Orange County then golfed in Palm Springs. Unless he parachuted into Irvine then walked out to Palm Springs there appears to have been more than just one take off and landing of Air Force One and the retinue of planes that accompany it. But do look into it, won't you?

Well, it does look like he bopped around in Marine One instead of a motorcade as well as an additional trip w/ Air Force One to Los Alamitos Army Airfield on Flag Day and the birthday of the United States Army. That appears to be a symbolic trip, since Marine One could have easily been the shuttle for the whole California trip. So, I guess you are marginally correct. But then there is the balance in the area of practice/preach when it is carbon footprint vs. honoring our troops and our flag.

Obama, in fact, stopped and gave a speech for the Cannon Ball Flag Day Celebration, that commenced on June 13th in North Dakota, on his way to California.

It sure looks like he is doing a conscientious job of combining trips which is one of the methods used by frugal people like Brenda Breece whose letter was pointed to by Obama in his Weekly Address on February 12, 2011.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/02/12/weekly-address-it-s-time-washington-acted-responsibly-our-families-do

And he'll say, "Yep, told the damn fool 20 years ago we couldn't do anything about it. A bunch of fuss and drama for nothing. It's still warm despite his graphs and Obama's press conferences!"

A fine bit of completely insane denier cult drivel from ol' Jaydumb. You head-in-the-sand deniers have no idea what is actually happening.

All of the world's major scientific organizations, institutes, societies, and academies of science affirm that manmade global warming is causing the Earth's climate patterns to change. The agricultural systems that mankind has developed to feed seven billion people are very dependent on regularly timed seasonal rainfall, which climate changes will disrupt, and on naturally stored water from mountain glaciers and snowpack, which are diminishing as temperatures increase. As agricultural production areas around the planet struggle with either failing water supplies and drought or, in some areas, flooding, food production will not keep up with the population and mass starvation and death will result.

Just using your own words Pogostick. You told somebody to come back in 20 years when the planet is hotter than it is today. It looks like you've already thrown in your spunk-stained global warming rag.

And the Boil congratulates Barack for combining several Godzilla-sized carbon footprint junkets into just one continuous Godzilla-sized carbon footprint junket. Way to go President Obama! Yes, We Can Can!

So I don't know what to do with you except wait 20 years as this cooling cycle that kicked off the last few years shows a lasting trend.

Just using your own words Pogostick. You told somebody to come back in 20 years when the planet is hotter than it is today. It looks like you've already thrown in your spunk-stained global warming rag.
You are sooooooooo insane, Jaydumb. And you make it sooooooo obvious, like you do here.

I know it is a standard denier cult trick to misquote someone and try to set up some straw-man argument, but it becomes rather obvious what you're doing when the original quote is right there for everyone to see. You poor retard.

The guy that "read a bunch of papers" is at it again. Pogo! You crazy bastard you! You still haven't grasped the concept of expressing what you read--into something easy for everyone to read. As a scientifically educated man, I have difficulty understanding complex papers. Scientific papers aren't easy reading. When you argue, you need to state what you think, or summarize what you think, and then state WHY you think that way and use the appropriate source. I know you have NEVER answered legitimate questions I've given you. You ALWAYS just refer me to read a certain paper. That is bull.

Just so you know, I'm an scientifically educated skeptic of AGW.

The guy that "read a bunch of papers" is at it again. Pogo! You crazy bastard you! You still haven't grasped the concept of expressing what you read--into something easy for everyone to read. As a scientifically educated man, I have difficulty understanding complex papers. Scientific papers aren't easy reading. When you argue, you need to state what you think, or summarize what you think, and then state WHY you think that way and use the appropriate source. I know you have NEVER answered legitimate questions I've given you. You ALWAYS just refer me to read a certain paper. That is bull.

Just so you know, I'm an scientifically educated skeptic of AGW.

You're a scientifically ignorant denier cult retard, Shreddedbrains. You've NEVER asked legitimate questions, moron, you've just parroted braindead denier cult myths, conspiracy theories and straw-man arguments. When I cite and quote some scientific evidence, you destroy any pretense you may have of being "educated" by rejecting it out of hand, without any indication of understanding it. Your rejection of the overwhelming scientific evidence is what is "bull", you poor bamboozled cretin.

But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/author/stevengoddard/ , showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/10916086/The-scandal-of-fiddled-global-warming-data.html

So the polar vortex was just bullshit? Make up our minds for us, will you, you idiot leftists (redundant).

this was the coldest winter ever in my life so you are a liar, i want some global warming please you c ocksucker

I am speechless when seeing this level of ignorance. Speaking of vortex... you guys seem to live in one, disconnected from reality.

I would be embarrassed to be this ignorant.

<snip>

And the Boil congratulates Barack for combining several Godzilla-sized carbon footprint junkets into just one continuous Godzilla-sized carbon footprint junket. Way to go President Obama! Yes, We Can Can!

"Godzilla-sized carbon footprint"? Verses what?

"But figures provided to FactCheck.org by the Air Force's 89th Airlift Wing show that Obama traveled less on Air Force One last year, and in his first two years, than President George W. Bush did."

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/07/the-traveling-president/

Smaller foot print? It kind of looks that way!!! Yet Obama has spent a lot of travel time made necessary to mend fences after Bush P/O-ed much of the civilized world with his "in your face" "Coalition of the Willing". Not to mention the carbon footprint of the War on Iraq.

BTW... I wonder how much carbon was used to put an aircraft carrier off shore for Bush to land on and to grandstand "Mission Accomplished"?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/ncdc-releases-march-2014-global-climate-report

NCDC Releases March 2014 Global Climate Report

March-2014-Global-Land-and-Ocean-Tempera

The globally averaged temperature for March 2014 was the fourth warmest since record keeping began in 1880 according to NOAA scientists. It also marked the 38th consecutive March and 349th consecutive month with a global temperature at or above the 20th century average. The last below-average March temperature was March 1976, and the last below-average temperature for any month was February 1985.

It continues to get warmer... this I cannot argue with....

Feds caught altering past temperature data: NOAA claims 1998 was previous ‘hottest on record’ on record — But in 1999, the same year was only the 5th warmest before ‘adjustments’

Read the Full Article link.gif

'In an article which NASA published in 1999, Hansen showed that 1998 was only the fifth warmest year, after 1934, 1921, 1931 and 1953. In fact, 1998 was 0.6C cooler than 1934' -- 'Over the past decade, NASA and NOAA have continuously altered the temperature record to cool the past and warm the present. Their claims are straight out Orwell's 1984, and have nothing to do with science'

NASA’s top climatologist said that the US had been cooling

NASA’s top climatologist said that the US had been cooling

Whither U.S. Climate?

By
James Hansen
, Reto Ruedy, Jay Glascoe and Makiko Sato —
August 1999

Empirical evidence does not lend much support to the notion that climate is headed precipitately toward more extreme heat and drought.

in the U.S. there has been little temperature change in the past 50 years, the time of rapidly increasing greenhouse gases — in fact,
there was a slight cooling throughout much of the country

NOAA and CRU also reported no warming in the US during the century prior to 1989.

February 04, 1989

Last week, scientists from the United States Commerce Department’s
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said that a study of temperature readings for the contiguous 48 states over the last century showed there had been no significant change in average temperature over that period
. Dr. (Phil) Jones said in a telephone interview today that his own results for the 48 states agreed with those findings.

Right after the year 2000, NASA and NOAA dramatically altered US climate history, making the past much colder and the present much warmer. The animation below shows how NASA cooled 1934 and warmed 1998, to make 1998 the hottest year in US history instead of 1934. This alteration turned a long term cooling trend since 1930 into a warming trend.

Feds caught altering past temperature data: NOAA claims 1998 was previous hottest on record on record But in 1999, the same year was only the 5th warmest before adjustments

Read the Full Article link.gif

'In an article which NASA published in 1999, Hansen showed that 1998 was only the fifth warmest year, after 1934, 1921, 1931 and 1953. In fact, 1998 was 0.6C cooler than 1934' -- 'Over the past decade, NASA and NOAA have continuously altered the temperature record to cool the past and warm the present. Their claims are straight out Orwell's 1984, and have nothing to do with science'

NASAs top climatologist said that the US had been cooling

NASAs top climatologist said that the US had been cooling

Whither U.S. Climate?

By James Hansen, Reto Ruedy, Jay Glascoe and Makiko Sato August 1999

Empirical evidence does not lend much support to the notion that climate is headed precipitately toward more extreme heat and drought.

in the U.S. there has been little temperature change in the past 50 years, the time of rapidly increasing greenhouse gases in fact, there was a slight cooling throughout much of the country

NASA GISS: Science Briefs: Whither U.S. Climate?

NOAA and CRU also reported no warming in the US during the century prior to 1989.

February 04, 1989

Last week, scientists from the United States Commerce Departments National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said that a study of temperature readings for the contiguous 48 states over the last century showed there had been no significant change in average temperature over that period. Dr. (Phil) Jones said in a telephone interview today that his own results for the 48 states agreed with those findings.

New York Times

Right after the year 2000, NASA and NOAA dramatically altered US climate history, making the past much colder and the present much warmer. The animation below shows how NASA cooled 1934 and warmed 1998, to make 1998 the hottest year in US history instead of 1934. This alteration turned a long term cooling trend since 1930 into a warming trend.

Hey moron, they're referring to JUST the temperature record for the lower 48 states, which amount to less than 2% of the Earth's surface.

Here's some of the rest of Hansen's 1999 article that you want to ignore.

How can the absence of clear climate change in the United States be reconciled with continued reports of record global temperature? Part of the "answer" is that U.S. climate has been following a different course than global climate, at least so far. Figure 1 compares the temperature history in the U.S. and the world for the past 120 years. The U.S. has warmed during the past century, but the warming hardly exceeds year-to-year variability. Indeed, in the U.S. the warmest decade was the 1930s and the warmest year was 1934. Global temperature, in contrast, had passed 1930s values by 1980 and the world has warmed at a remarkable rate over the last 25 years.

A picture of how U.S. climate change during the past half century compared with the rest of the world is shown in Figure 2. This map shows that the trend has been toward warmer temperatures in most of the world. There has been nearly ubiquitous warming in the tropics, especially in the Eastern Pacific Ocean, where the largest warming coincides with the location of more frequent strong El Niños. The strongest warming has been in Alaska and northern Asia. Warming in Alaska is often associated with El Niños. A suspicion of many climatologists as yet unproven is that an increasing greenhouse effect may cause more frequent and intense El Niños. Asia has long been predicted to show the largest warming due to increasing greenhouse gases, especially in the winter, and observations are consistent with that.

science and history will kill your right wing dreams of a land run by the Koch brothers

You may be right......

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

“The best books... are those that tell you what you know already.”

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”

“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”

“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know what no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”

George Orwell, 1984