Your Wedding Songs?

What songs were played at your wedding?

I heard this one again this morning - the one from my wedding that was most special to me. My husband arranged to have it played as a surprise for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBZo55jrkA

Friends ( from the soundtrack ) by Elton John in church. Even made the priest tear up.

Annie's Song by John Denver at the reception.

First wedding.....no music at all.

Second wedding....only played one, The Marine's Hymn.

OMG

your hubby said he played this one after that disaster your honeymoon turned into...how touchinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdrFBwwWJ44

It's official. You just can't help being di-ck.

Friends ( from the soundtrack ) by Elton John in church. Even made the priest tear up.

Annie's Song by John Denver at the reception.

OMG

"Friends" is a great song.

What particular problem do you have with John Denver's music?

What particular problem do you have with John Denver's music?

stitches doesnt like john denver because he didnt pass out LSD at his concerts like the grateful dead did

stitches also thinks you cant enjoy music unless the artist agrees with you politically.

or maybe to put it more accurately... stitches doesnt think cons deserve to listen to music, and the artist doesnt want you to listen to their music.

stitches also doesnt think its possible for a con to be a good musician.

but hes not politically biased... along party lines...

now... what is it about annies song that women like so much ?

now... what is it about annies song that women like so much ?

Ummmm, I suppose it's because it's a tender love song obviously written from the heart. It's a nice song, but not necessarily my favorite of Denver's though.

This may be my favorite of his:

I think the reason so many people nowadays seem to have some kind of problem with this type of music is because our country has become soooo cynical. Look at our movies, TV, popular music. Our icons. People think it's popular or cool to be all cynical about everything, when the fact is that it's (to me) downright unattractive. If I could ever be accused of being on a crusade against anything it would be that I am on a crusade against hatefulness, foul language crudeness, ugliness, dishonesty, ....... and cynicism!

It's a pity how in our country it's now considered lame and unpopular to actually care out-loud about and value things like love, honesty, truth, justice, innocence, children, animals, nature, kindness, sweetness, the poor and downtrodden, family, etc etc What's so wrong with those things? This is the biggest cultural problem we have if you ask me - and - we weren't always this way.

Wanna really be a "rebel"? Wanna be different from everyone else? Wanna really stand out from the crowd and be an individual? Be nice! Be kind! Show people you actually care! Be mellow! (and for you single men and boys .... I promise you will attract a lot more & higher quality women if you do - the sexiest man in the world is one who is not only physically strong but not ashamed to be kind and caring and not ashamed for the world to see & know it. To do and speak what's right and good and kind and sweet in the face of public ridicule - that shows real strength of character and manliness)

Ummmm, I suppose it's because it's a tender love song obviously written from the heart. It's a nice song, but not necessarily my favorite of Denver's though.

I think the reason so many people nowadays seem to have some kind of problem with this type of music is because our country has become soooo cynical. Look at our movies, TV, popular music. Our icons. People think it's popular or cool to be all cynical about everything, when the fact is that it's (to me) downright unattractive. If I could ever be accused of being on a crusade against anything it would be that I am on a crusade against hatefulness, foul language crudeness, ugliness, dishonesty, ....... and cynicism!

It's a pity how in our country it's now considered lame and unpopular to actually care out-loud about and value things like love, honesty, truth, justice, innocence, children, animals, nature, kindness, sweetness, the poor and downtrodden, family, etc etc What's so wrong with those things? This is the biggest cultural problem we have if you ask me - and - we weren't always this way.

Wanna really be a "rebel"? Wanna be different from everyone else? Wanna really stand out from the crowd and be an individual? Be nice! Be kind! Show people you actually care! Be mellow! (and for you single men and boys .... I promise you will attract a lot more & higher quality women if you do - the sexiest man in the world is one who is not only physically strong but not ashamed to be kind and caring and not ashamed for the world to see & know it. To do and speak what's right and good and kind and sweet in the face of public ridicule - that shows real strength of character and manliness)

I've no idea where you're from but around here it's fine to care out loud about those things.

Nice speech, mom. You're right!

Human decency went out when Rethugs and the corporate con media took over years ago with their screaming, hate and bigotry and lies! After Reagan, every thing went down hill.

Nice speech, mom. You're right!

Human decency went out when Rethugs and the corporate con media took over years ago with their screaming, hate and bigotry and lies! After Reagan, every thing went down hill.

yea its all the repubs fault... no one can pigeonhole you into a group

lol

what year was that when they traded ?

you know... when the southern racist democrats became the racist republicans and the repubs became dems...

why didnt senator byrd get that memo ?