Iraq War-A pack of lies!

"I told the world that your case for the war was a PACK OF LIES."

As the anniversary of the worst military disaster since Vietnam approaches on the 19th of this month, let's lift a glass again to MP George Galloway in 2006 for showing American politicians what the TRUTH and a person with the GUTS to tell it looks like:

This is an embarrassing but inspiring reminder.

We CAN, SHOULD, and NEED to do better as citizens at overseeing OUR government,

and holding our "representatives" accountable.

To be sure, there were a handful of outspoken Democrats who stood up against the invasion of Iraq

(Wellstone & Byrd come to mind immediately),

and there were 150+ Democratic Congressmen & Senators who voted NO on the "Authorization the Use Military Force in Iraq,

but I don't remember anybody who was as direct as George Galloway.

I wish I could vote for him.

It should also remain in our consciousness that the Clinton "sanctions" did indeed kill over 1/2 MILLION Iraqi Children and over 1 MILLION Iraqis.

This was acknowledged by Madeleine Albright, then Sec of State under Bill Clinton,

who said "It was worth it."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the anniversary of the worst military disaster since Vietnam approaches on the 19th of this month, let's lift a glass again to MP George Galloway in 2006 for showing American politicians what the TRUTH and a person with the GUTS to tell it looks like:

To be sure, there were a handful of outspoken Democrats who stood up against the invasion of Iraq

and there were 150+ Democratic Congressmen & Senators who voted NO on the "Authorization the Use Military Force in Iraq,

It should also remain in our consciousness that the Clinton "sanctions" did indeed kill over 1/2 MILLION Iraqi Children and over 1 MILLION Iraqis.

This was acknowledged by Madeleine Albright, then Sec of State under Bill Clinton,

George Galloway said the things he said to deflect away from his own corruption.

Liberal hypocrites on Iraq...

George Galloway said the things he said to deflect away from his own corruption.

Liberal hypocrites on Iraq...

So its attack the messenger and not the message with you. Not surprising, at all.

If you loved the Vietnam War, you love the Iraq wars too!

A Bush is never to be trusted at any time, under any circumstances. That is simply the established order of things.

Here is a list of all our interventions on behalf of the corporate fascists;

Covert United States foreign regime change actions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_U.S._regime_change_actions

1 Prior to Cold War

1.1 Russia

2 During the Cold War

2.1 Communist states 1944–89

2.2 Syria 1949

2.3 Iran 1953

2.4 Guatemala 1954

2.5 Tibet 1955–70s

2.6 Indonesia 1958

2.7 Cuba 1959

2.8 Democratic Republic of the Congo 1960–65

2.9 Iraq 1960–63

2.10 Dominican Republic 1961

2.11 South Vietnam 1963

2.12 Brazil 1964

2.13 Ghana 1966

2.14 Chile 1970–73

2.15 Argentina 1976

2.16 Afghanistan 1979–89

2.17 Turkey 1980

2.18 Poland 1980–81

2.19 Nicaragua 1981–90

2.19.1 Destablization through CIA assets

2.19.2 Arming the Contras

2.20 Cambodia 1980–95

2.21 Angola 1980s

2.22 Philippines 1986

3 Since the end of the Cold War

3.1 Iraq 1992–96

3.2 Afghanistan 2001

3.3 Venezuela 2002

3.4 Iraq 2002–03

3.5 Haiti 2004

3.6 Gaza Strip 2006–present

3.7 Somalia 2006–07

3.8 Iran 2005–present

3.9 Libya 2011

3.10 Syria 2012–present

3.11 Ukraine 2013–2014

Grenada (1983) and Jamaica (1974-1980)

and US citizens have the audacity to talk about Russia, without even a hint of blushing.

when bush talked about iraq he was constantly conveying the impression that saddam had something to do with 9/11 without ever outright saying so. he said things that were misleading but not literally false and that shows deliberation. he was basically lying within the range of deniability

when bush talked about iraq he was constantly conveying the impression that saddam had something to do with 9/11 without ever outright saying so. he said things that were misleading but not literally false and that shows deliberation. he was basically lying within the range of deniability

LOL ...like Obama when he never directly said Benghzai was a terrorist attack, then went with the lie for over two weeks that a video caused it?

thats not true, it was his "war on terrorism"

do you deny sodamn insane aided terrorists ?

LOL ...like Obama when he never directly said Benghzai was a terrorist attack, then went with the lie for over two weeks that a video caused it?

see some professional about your benghazi obsession. it's unhealthy

thats not true, it was his "war on terrorism"

do you deny sodamn insane aided terrorists ?

Iraq was about oil

controlled by private oil comp. instead of the nation of iraq

Show your work! Connect the dots! Company names, people, who they connected to, post financial statements, file a Freedom of Information request, you know, instead of just saying crap.

In other words, submit your evidence like, oh, I don't know, that guy that runs the horse thread, that place you are afeared of.

Let it go.

Show your work! Connect the dots! Company names, people, who they connected to, post financial statements, file a Freedom of Information request, you know, instead of just saying crap.

In other words, submit your evidence like, oh, I don't know, that guy that runs the horse thread, that place you are afeared of.

actually documents are slowly coming out now. rachel maddow did "why we did it" just last week. wasn't anything we didn't know already. but iraq was about the control of oil

Exactly! Bush even failed at that!

He or rather Cheney, attacked and occupied a country that didn't attack us nor had WMD.

To this day many conservatives still think Saddam was responsible for 911.

Stupid motherfu-ckers!

they got this guy travis mills up in vassar that lost both his arms and both his legs in the war on terra. they put him on tv once in a while and he's all positive and how great life still is without his limbs. everybody cheering and telling him what a hero he is.

& YET THAT IDIOT DARTH VADER CHENEY TELLS FIXEDnewsCORP's IDIOT DITTOheads that PRESIDENT Obama is weak & doesn't know what he is doing. WHAT A SCUMBAG THAT MOTHERfuker is!

prPMTworld.JPG

http://<span style="...real-tax-reform

70365_100005799457554_14620414_q.jpg

2014: VOTE FOR WE THE PEOPLE IN THE "PEOPLE'S HOUSE!" USA!

prPMT2010-10-29.GIF

actually documents are slowly coming out now. rachel maddow did "why we did it" just last week. wasn't anything we didn't know already. but iraq was about the control of oil

You're telling me to watch Maddow?

Not bloody likely. I'll watch anyone on 'the network that talks about Fox' except for Maddow and O'Donnell.

You watch her. Then submit the evidence she gives and source it. No, Maddow is not a source. Where she got her so-called evidence.

You're STILL just saying crap.

Or...

Look at it like this. If I made some statement and said "Hannity said so" you'd scream bloody murder about a rightwing source.

Dude, you want some credibility, a following, buku play, maybe even rise to be the second greatest internet poster, well, I am teacher, do your homework.

Not bloody likely. I'll watch anyone on 'the network that talks about Fox' except for Maddow and O'Donnell.

You watch her. Then submit the evidence she gives and source it. No, Maddow is not a source. Where she got her so-called evidence.

Or...

Look at it like this. If I made some statement and said "Hannity said so" you'd scream bloody murder about a rightwing source.

Dude, you want some credibility, a following, buku play, maybe even rise to be the second greatest internet poster, well, I am teacher, do your homework.

maddow isn't the source. she's got a bunch of the key players on record - they are the source

Or...

You're an idiot. cheney was/is a scumbag. 10's of THOUSANDS of U.S. soldiers MURDERED or MAIMED thanks to the CHENEYbushCO FAILED IDIOT WAR, & U IDIOTS BANGED the drums for them. Listening to IDIOTS like U, took America down to HELL!

prPMTworld.JPG

http://<span style="...real-tax-reform

70365_100005799457554_14620414_q.jpg

2014: VOTE FOR WE THE PEOPLE IN THE "PEOPLE'S HOUSE!" USA!

prPMT2010-10-29.GIF

see some professional about your benghazi obsession. it's unhealthy

Iraq was about oil

Zaro where, exactly IS the oil?

Exactly! Bush even failed at that!

He or rather Cheney, attacked and occupied a country that didn't attack us nor had WMD.

To this day many conservatives still think Saddam was responsible for 911.

Stupid motherfu-ckers!

Who FUNDED all this during the Reid-Pelosi Congress? The American Bowling Congress? Why, exactly, are we STILL in Afghanistan? Oil? Poppy seeds? What?

Hitchens sees liberal audiences for what they are...sheep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eeJ4-RhzG4

those were some of the best moments in TV history

Zaro where, exactly IS the oil?

i don't think we'd be in the Middle East if it wasn't for oil.. but it's a complicated geopolitical issue, and I think our handling of the war in Iraq shows we aren't much of an Empire, cuz the damn Chinese won those oil contracts when the biggest projects were put up to an open bidding