The Latest Hypocrisy - ObamaCare is Now Dead!

ObamaCare's Secret Mandate Exemption

HHS quietly repeals the individual purchase rule for two more years.

• (WITHOUT INDIVIDUAL MANDATE, THERE IS NO OBAMACARE, THANK GOD!)

Updated March 12, 2014 6:58 p.m. ET

ObamaCare's implementers continue to roam the battlefield and shoot their own wounded, and the latest casualty is the core of the Affordable Care Act—the individual mandate. To wit, last week the Administration quietly excused millions of people from the requirement to purchase health insurance or else pay a tax penalty.

This latest political reconstruction has received zero media notice, and the Health and Human Services Department didn't think the details were worth discussing in a conference call, press materials or fact sheet. Instead, the mandate suspension was buried in an unrelated rule that was meant to preserve some health plans that don't comply withObamaCare benefit and redistribution mandates. Our sources only noticed the change this week.

That seven-page technical bulletin includes a paragraph and footnote that casually mention that a rule in a separate December 2013 bulletin would be extended for two more years, until 2016. Lo and behold, it turns out this second rule, which was supposed to last for only a year, allows Americans whose coverage was cancelled to opt out of the mandate altogether.

In 2013, HHS decided that ObamaCare's wave of policy terminations qualified as a "hardship" that entitled people to a special type of coverage designed for people under age 30 or a mandate exemption. HHS originally defined and reserved hardship exemptions for the truly down and out such as battered women, the evicted and bankrupts.

BN-BW322_rando_D_20140311191422.jpg

Agence France-Presse/Getty Images

But amid the post-rollout political backlash, last week the agency created a new category: Now all you need to do is fill out a form attesting that your plan was cancelled and that you "believe that the plan options available in the [ObamaCare] Marketplace in your area are more expensive than your cancelled health insurance policy" or "you consider other available policies unaffordable."

This lax standard—no formula or hard test beyond a person's belief—at least ostensibly requires proof such as an insurer termination notice. But people can also qualify for hardships for the unspecified nonreason that "you experienced another hardship in obtaining health insurance," which only requires "documentation if possible." And yet another waiver is available to those who say they are merely unable to afford coverage, regardless of their prior insurance. In a word, these shifting legal benchmarks offer an exemption to everyone who conceivably wants one.

Keep in mind that the White House argued at the Supreme Court that the individual mandate to buy insurance was indispensable to the law's success, and President Obama continues to say he'd veto the bipartisan bills that would delay or repeal it. So why areObamaCare liberals silently gutting their own creation now?

The answers are the implementation fiasco and politics. HHS revealed Tuesday that only 940,000 people signed up for an ObamaCare plan in February, bringing the total to about 4.2 million, well below the original 5.7 million projection. The predicted "surge" of young beneficiaries isn't materializing even as the end-of-March deadline approaches, and enrollment decelerated in February.

Meanwhile, a McKinsey & Company survey reports that a mere 27% of people joining the exchanges were previously uninsured through February. The survey also found that about half of people who shopped for a plan but did not enroll said premiums were too expensive, even though 80% of this group qualify for subsidies. Some substantial share of the people ObamaCare is supposed to help say it is a bad financial value. You might even call it a hardship.

HHS is also trying to pre-empt the inevitable political blowback from the nasty 2015 tax surprise of fining the uninsured for being uninsured, which could help reopen ObamaCare if voters elect a Republican Senate this November. Keeping its mandate waiver secret for now is an attempt get past November and in the meantime sign up as many people as possible for government-subsidized health care. Our sources in the insurance industry are worried the regulatory loophole sets a mandate non-enforcement precedent, and they're probably right. The longer it is not enforced, the less likely any President will enforce it.

The larger point is that there have been so many unilateral executive waivers and delays that ObamaCare must be unrecognizable to its drafters, to the extent they ever knew what the law contained

The hate for the Black man grows and grows...pure hate, and nothing but hate.

I wonder what you racist filth will do when Hillary is president.

You will hate her and you hate women anyway so it will be an easy transition...losing sucks, dont it :D

You will hate her and you hate women anyway so it will be an easy transition...losing sucks, dont it :D

You mean like how you libs attacked Palin.

She was right about Ukraine, etc.

Your posts indicate that you're the one full of hate.

You mean like how you libs attacked Palin.

She was right about Ukraine, etc.

Your posts indicate that you're the one full of hate.

are you insane, Palin has never been right about anything, my god, now I have seen it all

you folks really are hopeless

wait, i take it back she was right about one thing

when she socialized the oil industry

Why do you hate blacks? What did they do to you? My wife is black and you hate her just because she is black? You're a racists and you hate America.

Why do you hate blacks? What did they do to you? My wife is black and you hate her just because she is black? You're a racists and you hate America.

Son, calm down. I know you hate all minorities and America, and you fear everyone who looks different than you, but if you are good, and you do your homework and you say PLEASE, we will let you in the cool club, but you have a lot of homework to do first

Do you copy and paste from your original post? I don't see any difference in your posts.

Drive-Bys in Tizzy Over Jolly Victory and the Numbers Inside the NBC/WSJ Poll

March 13, 2014

Did you notice not one -- this is very telling, ladies and gentlemen -- not one of the three major television news networks in the evening news broadcast mentioned the David Jolly victory in Florida yesterday, not one of them.

RushJollyFox.jpg

I have to tell you, if the Democrats had

Chris Cillizza has a piece in the Washington Post today. He has seen the data in the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

He has written about it. He is very, very concerned about three data points in this poll. His headline: "Three Numbers in the NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll That Should Worry the Democrats." Here it is, in a nutshell, and I'll go through it in greater detail in mere moments. Obama's approval rating in the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll is 41%.

By itself, that is bad. That is the lowest Obama has ever been in the NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. By itself, it's bad. (As far as I'm concerned, when it hits 35%, let me know.) But 41%, they're worried -- they're deeply worried -- and here's why. In the big Republican sweep in 1994, Bill Clinton's approval number was 45%. Obama's is worse than that. Cillizza, extrapolating, said (summarized):

"My gosh, if the Republicans took over the House for the first time in 40 years when the Democrat president was at 45%, what's gonna happen when the president, a sitting Democrat president is at 41%?"

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The last time that it happened, in 2010, when the Republicans won 63 seats, Obama was at 45% approval in the last Gallup poll before the election. Clinton was at 46%. So Obama is way below his own worst number in 2010 and Clinton in 1994. That 41% job approval has them really spooked, and there are a couple other things, too, in this.

Okay, so three data points Chris Cillizza finds horrifying in the Wall Street Journal/NBC poll. Again, 41% is Obama's approval number, the lowest he has been in the history of the poll, and it's not a blip. It's been trending that way. It's not an outlier. Obama has been at 43%, then 44%, then back to 43%, then at 42%, and now down to an all-time low of 41%. And here's why it matters. When Democrats lost control of the House 1994, Clinton's approval rating was 46%.

ObamaThrillisGone.jpg

In the last Gallup poll before the election of 2010, where the Republicans won 63 seats... Nobody saw that coming inside the Beltway. That's one of those sweet memories of the 2010 midterms is that neither party's establishment saw it coming. The Republicans, they weren't even running on anything. They were still in shellshock, having the first black president and not knowing how to deal with it. So they just shut up.

They weren't offering anything. The Tea Party came to life and provided an alternative for people that were dissatisfied. I mean, they were just fed up at the debt, and Obamacare had them livid and scared. So they showed up and they voted against the Democrats everywhere, and ended up winning 63 seats. And Obama, during the last Gallup poll prior to that election, was at 45%.

So Cillizza is saying here, if Clinton's at 46%, and the Republicans win the House -- and if Obama is at 45%, and Republicans win 63 seats -- what in the heck is gonna happen with Obama at 41%, if it stays there? There are noted, inside-the-Beltway commentators who are privately already conceding the Senate to Republicans. Now, some of them are admittedly fatalist, but it is already being whispered inside the Beltway.

That could be trickery, as you know, but it's not being shouted; it's being whispered. The second number of the three in this poll that worries Cillizza is 44. "That's the percentage of respondents who said that a 'congressperson's position on national issues' would be more important in deciding their votes than the 'congressperson's performance in taking care of problems in your district.'"

This is the old nationalizing of elections, and this is what Newt and the boys did by design in 1994. It happened automatically in 2010, but it was a strategy in '94. The David Jolly victory in Florida 13 on Tuesday is a classic example. That race was nationalized. People voted not on who was gonna be better at building the old folks' home or filling potholes or any of that stuff. That election was decided on Obamacare. Oh, and do you know...?

Folks, let me add one thing. I neglected to point out one thing yesterday about that race. We mentioned the global warming angle, how that didn't work for the Democrat. We mentioned the Obamacare angle, how that hurt the Democrat. There was another angle. Remember, this is the woman, Alex Sink, who said we have to open the borders, have to have amnesty so that we can hire landscapers and maids for our homes over on the beach. Remember that?

That's the woman who said in a debate (summarized), "The reason we need amnesty is so that our wealthy will be able to stock their household staffs." So amnesty was on the ballot as well. It was a campaign issue, and it lost. So the Democrats, everything they want to wrap their arms around (and in the case of immigration, Republicans, too) lost. So that's another interesting fact about how that race was totally ignored on all three nightly network newscasts last night. That race was not even mentioned.

You know that if that Democrat lady had won it, they would have led each of those newscasts with it. The final number is 33. "One in three registered voters in the NBC-WSJ poll said that their vote for Congress this fall will be intended to signal opposition to President Obama. Compare that to the 24% who said their vote would be a way to show support for Obama and you have the enthusiasm gap between the two party bases that likely sunk (Alex) Sink on Tuesday."

:D

Just look what the wingnut smear machine did to both Bill and Hillary in the early years of his presidency. I lived thru it. It was disgusting.

Expect the same if Hillary runs. They can't run on the GOP accomplishments so it will be back to smearing 24/7.

It's already started on this and other forums. They know she's the odds on favorite to be our next president.

ACA is here to stay... We cannot go into the black nothingness of getting ripped off by the private sector ever again

You're correct. Big money is going into all con media and the GOP by insurance companies and the Koch Bros.

Here is some disgusting.

Hillary Rodham Clinton and her team were mum Wednesday about the revelations of close ties between her 2008 presidential campaign and an illegal fundraising operation based in Washington, while a new poll showed erosion in her popularity.

For the third day in a row, Mrs. Clinton’s press aides refused to respond to questions about her knowledge of the criminal case or whether she still has confidence in a top adviser who solicited campaign donations from disgraced Washington businessman Jeffrey Thompson.

SEE ALSO: Selling Hillary Clinton: Papers reveal advice, ‘fans’

Thompson, convicted of funding a “shadow campaign” for D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray in 2010, also pleaded guilty this week to funneling more than $600,000 in illicit donations to aid Mrs. Clinton’s bid for the White House. Court documents say that a top Clinton campaign official, Minyon Moore, asked Thompson to pay for canvassers and “street teams” to reach minority voters in four key early-primary states during Mrs. Clinton’s battle for the Democratic nomination against Barack Obama.

Mrs. Clinton, considered the undeclared front-runner for the 2016 Democratic nomination, took another hit Wednesday in a new poll that showed her vaunted popularity slipping.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey, which was conducted before Thompson pleaded guilty, showed the combined percentage of people who view Mrs. Clinton very positively or somewhat positively has dropped to 44 percent, down from 58 percent in December 2012. Her negative rating rose to 34 percent, up from 28 percent in December 2012, when she was nearing the end of her service as secretary of state.

The poll also found that an endorsement by Mrs. Clinton would be a net negative for candidates running for office this year, with 25 percent of respondents saying they would be more likely to vote for someone she endorsed, and 34 percent saying they would be less likely to vote for that candidate. Forty percent said her endorsement would make no difference.

The survey did hold some qualified good news for Mrs. Clinton. While her popularity has eroded, she’s still more popular than President Obama. Only 22 percent of respondents said Mr. Obama’s endorsement would make them more likely to vote for a candidate this year, while 42 percent said the president’s endorsement would make them less likely to vote for that candidate.

And a poll in Iowa last month found Mrs. Clinton was still the overwhelming favorite among potential Democratic candidates for 2016.

SEE ALSO: Shades of Benghazi: Hillary Clinton now tries to walk back Putin-Hitler slam

Prosecutors said this week Mrs. Clinton had no direct knowledge that Thompson was providing her presidential campaign with illegal, off-the-books contributions. According to the court filings, the shadow campaign for Mrs. Clinton began in February 2008.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office said that Ms. Moore, a senior adviser to the Clinton campaign responsible for minority outreach, asked Thompson to fund the operation, first in Texas. Court papers identified Ms. Moore, who has denied any wrongdoing, as “Individual A.”

The Texas operation reportedly included members of the League of United Latin American Citizens, the nation’s oldest Hispanic civil rights organization. LULAC does not endorse candidates, but several key members supported Mrs. Clinton.

Court documents stated that the street teams funded by Thompson distributed Clinton campaign posters, lawn signs and stickers. The court papers also said that Ms. Moore worked with Thompson and another participant who pleaded guilty, Troy White, on similar outreach operations in Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina and Puerto Rico.

Prosecutors revealed emails indicating that Ms. Moore sent campaign information to the team, including strategy for the North Carolina primary with the subject line “This is what they will need in NC — Please advise.”

White responded, according to the documents: “These are the cities we can cover in NC: Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Fayetteville, Wilmington, Winston-Salem. Let me know what you think ASAP.”

A representative of Ms. Moore said this week that she didn’t know Thompson was donating money illegally, and that her actions complied with campaign-finance laws.

I know I'll be tagged a racist; but all of the following is in stone documented fact:

Black-on-White Crime - Save Your Heritage

BLACK ON WHITE CRIME. Rodney King. A name most Americans are familiar with. After all, wasn't he beat by White cops in Los Angeles? Weren't his "civil right" violated?

Be Respectful, Be Polite, Be Christian at all times

Remember -- Truth is not Racist, Facts are not Hate!

Act accordingly

I am beginning to wonder if most of the jobs the Obama following thinks have been created, are jobs that require deciphering 50,000 pages of regulations in the ACA. Those are all business expenses and WILL raise the cost of doing business, which means a raised cost in health care, which leads to a raised cost in health insurance.

Doesn't medicare and medicaid taxes already pay for what this Obamacare fine tax wants to pay for?

Just look what the wingnut smear machine did to both Bill and Hillary in the early years of his presidency. I lived thru it. It was disgusting.

Expect the same if Hillary runs. They can't run on the GOP accomplishments so it will be back to smearing 24/7.

It's already started on this and other forums. They know she's the odds on favorite to be our next president.

You're correct. Big money is going into all con media and the GOP by insurance companies and the Koch Bros.

So... the libturd 'smear machine' against Sarah Palin was not disgusting?

Duh, OP too difficult for little Martha brain to comprehend.

Instead of admitting the shame of stupidity Martha must reflexively attack and scream racist.

Nothing hateful at all in OP. Just explaining how without the mandate everyone who wants can opt out. Thus, the bill is effectively dead. Killed by the libs themselves.