Union: Obamacare will slash wages by up to $5 an hour

A national union that represents 300,000 low-wage hospitality workers charges in a new report that Obamacare will slam wages, cut hours, limit access to health insurance and worsen the very “income equality” President Obama says he is campaigning to fix.

Unite Here warned that due to Obamacare's much higher costs for health insurance than what union workers currently pay, the result will be a pay cut of up to $5 an hour. "If employers follow the incentives in the law, they will push families onto the exchanges to buy coverage. This will force low-wage service industry employees to spend $2.00, $3.00 or even $5.00 an hour of their pay to buy similar coverage," said the union in a new report.

“Only in Washington could asking the bottom of the middle class to finance health care for the poorest families be seen as reducing inequality,” said the report from Unite Here. “Without smart fixes, the ACA threatens the middle class with higher premiums, loss of hours, and a shift to part-time work and less comprehensive coverage,” said the report, titled, “The Irony of Obamacare: Making Inequality Worse.”

http://cdn.ralstonreports.com/sites/default/files/ObamaCaretoAFL_FINAL.pdf

http://washingtonexaminer.com/union-obamacare-will-slash-wages-by-up-to-5-an-hour/article/2545310

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhD-oKJI69o

What planet are these dopes from? They are just picking up on this? They should keep their union mouths shut. People have been saying this for years. I hope they have a "cadillac plan" That is going to be taxed. Talk about imbeciles. Where were these clowns 4 years ago? Typical lib nonsense from the mouth of fools.

GOP should say NO FIX. Throw the law out completely.

Nitwit article tries to change the argument from obamacare to income inequality. Dem claptrap. All of this was predicted. All came true and now It's crying time again. Thats when the heartache begins. Dopes.

“Believe me; I enter this entire debate about the consequences of the ACA with a deep reluctance,” he wrote. “Unite Here was the first union to endorse then-Senator Obama. We support the addition of health care to millions of Americans. Yet facts are facts, and Obamacare will cost our members the equivalent of a significant pay cut to keep their hard-won benefits.” hahahahaaaaaaa. You wanted it. You are getting it.

What planet are these dopes from? They are just picking up on this? They should keep their union mouths shut. People have been saying this for years. I hope they have a "cadillac plan" That is going to be taxed. Talk about imbeciles. Where were these clowns 4 years ago? Typical lib nonsense from the mouth of fools.

GOP should say NO FIX. Throw the law out completely.

Nitwit article tries to change the argument from obamacare to income inequality. Dem claptrap. All of this was predicted. All came true and now It's crying time again. Thats when the heartache begins. Dopes.

“Believe me; I enter this entire debate about the consequences of the ACA with a deep reluctance,” he wrote. “Unite Here was the first union to endorse then-Senator Obama. We support the addition of health care to millions of Americans. Yet facts are facts, and Obamacare will cost our members the equivalent of a significant pay cut to keep their hard-won benefits.” hahahahaaaaaaa. You wanted it. You are getting it.

I don't know if Obama has done it yet but many of the union members that have the cadillac plans are screaming for a exemption, using the bs excuse that their healthcare plans are a part of their negotiated contracts, I say so phucking what. You ask for this crap, now you should have to live with it just like everyone else.

A national union that represents 300,000 low-wage hospitality workers charges in a new report that Obamacare will slam wages, cut hours, limit access to health insurance and worsen the very “income equality” President Obama says he is campaigning to fix.

Unite Here warned that due to Obamacare's much higher costs for health insurance than what union workers currently pay, the result will be a pay cut of up to $5 an hour. "If employers follow the incentives in the law, they will push families onto the exchanges to buy coverage. This will force low-wage service industry employees to spend $2.00, $3.00 or even $5.00 an hour of their pay to buy similar coverage," said the union in a new report.

“Only in Washington could asking the bottom of the middle class to finance health care for the poorest families be seen as reducing inequality,” said the report from Unite Here. “Without smart fixes, the ACA threatens the middle class with higher premiums, loss of hours, and a shift to part-time work and less comprehensive coverage,” said the report, titled, “The Irony of Obamacare: Making Inequality Worse.”

http://cdn.ralstonreports.com/sites/default/files/ObamaCaretoAFL_FINAL.pdf

http://washingtonexaminer.com/union-obamacare-will-slash-wages-by-up-to-5-an-hour/article/2545310

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhD-oKJI69o

Yeh, it's gonna be a mess, then we're just gonna all throw our hands up and say, 'might as well socialize the damn thing!'

haha

I think it's awesome that unions pushed for schit and now suddenly when it's coming home to roost, they don't like it!

Yoonyenz deserve everything they get! :D

Unions are filled with those with the follower mentality, low i.q.'s and no backbone. They have to rely on paying someone else to do their thinking for them and to hide behind. Instead of obtaining the skills that employers value that would pay them higher wages or starting their own businesses they clock in and clock out and go drink beer and pass out on the couch.