Details of U.S. President Obama's fiscal year 2015 budget

I am a man who gives credit where credit is due. I am not an Obama fan, in fact I believe he is the worst president in American history. However, one must give credit where credit is due. I am pleased to see he funding the following, obviously there are some debatable ones like gun control, and health services, but the following appears reasonable. I don't know the details of how he plans to implent these things, especially the manufacturing technology. If he plans to build that just so he can tax the hell out of it, then forget it. I am not to pleased with his education plan. We can't keep forking in money to a broken system. Fix it first, then fund it. Non-libs, no I am not a liberal. I just like to give credit where it is due.

TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS

Obama wants a four-year, $302 billion plan to repair deteriorating roads and bridges and fund transit projects. He has said he would raise $150 billion in new money by ending some tax breaks for businesses as part of a corporate tax reform that would also lower tax rates.

Democrats and Republicans agree on the need to spruce up the nation's surface transportation system, but disagree on how to fund the work.

MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY

The president wants to "fully realize" his plan to build 45 manufacturing innovation centers. These are hubs that take advantage of universities and businesses located close to one another to share technology and ideas before products reach the commercial phase.

Obama has announced four such centers so far.

OIL AND GAS ROYALTIES

Through the Interior Department, Obama proposed changes to the oversight of oil and gas development on federal lands and waters, including royalty reforms and improved revenue collection, to save an estimated $2.5 billion over a decade.

http://news.yahoo.com/factbox-details-u-president-obamas-fiscal-2015-budget-170232529--finance.html

1. Where does the billions that they collect from fed gas taxes, state gas taxes, tolls, excise taxes and fees go? Explain that before you want more.

2. Pork to his most ardent admirers. Universities. This is like solyndra to schools

3. Your gas prices will go higher. Drill more.

4 Trillion dollar budget of borrowed money and higher taxes....its laughabl

1. Where does the billions that they collect from fed gas taxes, state gas taxes, tolls, excise taxes and fees go? Explain that before you want more.

2. Pork to his most ardent admirers. Universities. This is like solyndra to schools

3. Your gas prices will go higher. Drill more.

1. true, whoops. I live in a state that doesn't do tolls and we have no income tax, so it slipped my mind. Good question. Hell, where does most of our taxes go? Some go where they are suppossed to, the others go...to politicians maybe?

2. I agree that most schools are liberal these days. That's unfortunate. However, science is science. Our country sucks at science. We are ranked 27 in the world, even below a couple 3rd world countries. Japan is kicking everyone's ass in the science industry. We need our innovators and geniuses. However, as I stated before, if this is just a ploy to tax the hell out of producers and scientists, then forget it.

3. There have been so much legal beuraocracy and red tape about drilling from both sides. My grandkids will be old enough to collect social security when they come to that resolution...and my grandkids are even born yet.